Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

First of all i want to say that the ta05 is a great car,i love it to bits.
other racers at the track were i race keep criticizing the ta05 , they got all the top of range xray,shumachers and so on top dollars cars.
they say that the attention to details on the ta05 is not great compared to the rest,but guess whatwile racing they are most of the time eating my dust ,so to say
we race indoor on a very slippery surface using rally block tires,and a very soft setup approach

now on Sunday for the first time i will be racing on a outdoor track on tarmac

control tires are need it ,for dry RP30BGL ,for wet pit shimizu D20 . and 19t motor.
can you suggest a setup for it?
using the wet tires in a wet track does mean a completely difference setup from the dry one?
looking at the pic what you think will be the right FDR to use? 5.25 maybe?
thank you
Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

updated ta05...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just mounted the spool on my TA05, the arm wobbles violently when I make a full turn, both left and right. It is still ok if the turn is about 80-90%.

All is fine when I swap back to the diff.

Why this is so? and i am using universal.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default spool in ta05

that is caused by the universal joint chattering in the outdrive.you can solve this by turning down your steering trave on your radio.pretty much all spools do that in all cars.hopes this helps.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

subaru73, thanks for the advice. It's my first time using spool.
I'll try that, but it means less steering. But guess that's the only way to overcome this....
Old 07-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default ta05 spoor

you are welcome.for more steering work on your car set up to get the right amount you want.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

guinnes.s

Try first around 5.4FDR and check the motor if you could touch it for 2 secs or 4 secs or better hold the motor after 3 laps or 5 laps around the track... If you couldn't touch it even for 1 sec, then you should make the FDR higher, 1 tooth at a time, but if it gets worser, then go down, again, 1 tooth at a time... of course, you should cool down first the moror every after runs...

Regarding suspension, you should just make it at the right tension, not so hard nor hard and soft, just enough that the front chassis won't hit the ground when you break (when turning too) try yellow tamiya spring in front and blue in rear... Oil, that I do not know for I always use the green oil from tamiya all around... 2 degree camber in front and rear... 1 degree toe out in front and stock degree in rear... ride height 5mm in front 5.5 mm in rear...

After trying this setup, try posting what are the results, ayt?

HTH's
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys. I recently got a TA05R and am also having the vibration problem that some others have had. The only difference is that I'm not running a spool up front. Just the ball differential that is given. Visually, there is nothing in the way or anything. I've rebuilt this thing twice and there is no change. Will using shorter universals help the problem? Or is there more to it? Because it's stupid having to buy other parts when the ones supplied are supposed to work >_>
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, can anyone help me with my ta05 problem??? there is this sound that bothers me... before I ran the kit, whenever I press the throttle and let the wheels spin on air (when I'm carrying the kit), the motor or the sound is nice, it's like whistling but after few rans, suddenly it's not like it used to be, whistling... so what could be the reason behind??? it sounded like somewhere in the center, not front nor rear and checked the ball diffs, nothing is in their way... cleaned the motor, nothing is also in the way for now... still the sound is occuring... Hope someone can help me...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

have a look at the screws that old the spur,sometime they can get loose and touching the motor mount will turning.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have the same problem when using spool.....only way to reduce the "wobbling" of the belt is to reduce steering on your controle.

i also had the problem on my MSXX, and it was fixed by replacing the worn delrin outdrives on the spool.

...........but it all comes with using a spool.

i run outdoor rubber/asphalt(low grip) on my TA-05 using a 19T orion.

downstop front/rear 5/4mm
Front sus mount B/XA
Rear Sus Mount XD/D
Oil: 500/400WD
Damper position F/R 2/3
turnbuckle front spacer 4mm/Hole 5
Turnbuckle rear spacer 1mm/Hole 3
Rear upright spacer 2mm/ middle hole
Springs F/R yellow/Red
Camber F/R 1/2 dgr
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TA05 set-up.pdf (316.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 07-30-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
Hey guys, can anyone help me with my ta05 problem??? there is this sound that bothers me... before I ran the kit, whenever I press the throttle and let the wheels spin on air (when I'm carrying the kit), the motor or the sound is nice, it's like whistling but after few rans, suddenly it's not like it used to be, whistling... so what could be the reason behind??? it sounded like somewhere in the center, not front nor rear and checked the ball diffs, nothing is in their way... cleaned the motor, nothing is also in the way for now... still the sound is occuring... Hope someone can help me...
Hi, just a thought maybe the bearing. an exploded bearing will rattle like hell
Old 07-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check your spur for any tiny bits of gravel, and check your pinion for damage. The first time I ran my car I chewed a brand new pinion and spur, and man, they are noisy now.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Initiate

OK, another maybe dumb question, but reading these posts one of the downsides of the TA05 is the weight. So can you drill a bunch of small holes in the car to make it lighter? We used to do it on our mountain bikes all the time.

I'm sure it would only save a couple of grams, but carefully done it might be easier to balance the car without adding weight?

Once again, maybe it's just not done or stupid (or against rules?), but I was just wondering.

tom
Old 07-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I looked at the screws (that holds the spur), it was not loose or something, re assembled it, then put it back on... Still there is this noise...

Checked out the ball bearings, it was not it... So kind of wondering it might be the pinion, for the pinion is not as smooth as before... will try and see if it really is the pinion when I get back home...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.