R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 09-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #1216
sac
Tech Regular

Default TA-05 !!

Is the TA-05 a competitive car out of the box?or does it need a lot of hop-ups to compete,which hop-ups are suggested.
Also out the box or with the hop-ups can this car compete against x-rays,RDX and 415?
How is the speed and handling of this car against the others?
I know that these are "loaded" questions but i would like to know peoples opinions.
thanks
sac

One last thing ,does anyone know if there will be a TRF or a R version of the TA-05 and if so when will it be out?
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #1217
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine has the TRF shocks on it, thats it, and on Tarmac it was competitive to be honest, if anything it helped generate a more stable platform to drive on, on Carpet, I think the front and rear will need bracing to the chassis to limit/stop the flex that is present. (Fusion Hobbies is looking into that for non Tamiya Cup racers)
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #1218
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac
Is the TA-05 a competitive car out of the box?or does it need a lot of hop-ups to compete,which hop-ups are suggested.
Also out the box or with the hop-ups can this car compete against x-rays,RDX and 415?
I know that these are "loaded" questions but i would like to know peoples opinions.
thanks
sac

One last thing ,does anyone know if there will be a TRF or a R version of the TA-05 and if so when will it be out?
I would probably get atleast the universals driveshafts/hex hubs, springs/swaybars, alloy steering assembly and different suspension blocks to get the car dialed.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #1219
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac
thanks
sac

Competetive it is; well I only raced it once on carpet and I love the way it handles ( car was bone stock), i'm going to try it again this weekend with some hop-ups like CVD's, rear and front CF shock mount( plastic do flex , I noticed it) and BTW I just replaced the metal bearing with BB's on the steering , it seem to do its job fairly. With gearing I don't think you will have a problem and with the new Btatteries that's coming out , the 3700's and 3800's batt's they snug pretty good, I just bought some packs but had to dremel a bit of the battery post.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #1220
Tech Apprentice

ey guys, did anyone get the new tao5 with mercedes body yet? what tires does that kit come with? are they type a or b? is it stll radial tires and not full ball raced?
KillWency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #1221
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac
thanks
sac

It is competitive out of the box, for hop ups, I would suggest the following dozen in terms of priority:

1) CVD driveshafts front and rear (46mm or 48mm)

2) Alloy steering assy
3) TRF shocks
4) CF Shock mounts front and rear
5) Alloy 415 suspension blocks

6) Lightweight reversible arms set
7) Front one ways
8) Center one ways
9) Anti-roll bar set

10) Aramid belts
11) Motor heatsink
12) Alloy transponder mount and other Blue bling, bling parts i.e. screws and turnbuckles.

You bet there will be a R and a TRF version, When it will be out is anyone's guess.
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #1222
sac
Tech Regular

I think i know what it is but can someone tell me what the lightweight"reversible arms "are?
Also with all the ta-05 hop-ups mentioned there is a couple of things not mentioned,is there a carbon fiber chassie and top deck available,and if so who make's it and whats the part number.Is there a CF top deck available for the stock TA-05 out of the box chassie,it seems a few have suggeted it?
ALL information is helpfull.
And if anybody has a idea when a TRF version of thr TA-05 will out please post to let me know!
SAC
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:13 AM   #1223
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit
It is competitive out of the box, for hop ups, I would suggest the following dozen in terms of priority:

1) CVD driveshafts front and rear (46mm or 48mm)

2) Alloy steering assy
3) TRF shocks
4) CF Shock mounts front and rear
5) Alloy 415 suspension blocks

6) Lightweight reversible arms set
7) Front one ways
8) Center one ways
9) Anti-roll bar set

10) Aramid belts
11) Motor heatsink
12) Alloy transponder mount and other Blue bling, bling parts i.e. screws and turnbuckles.

You bet there will be a R and a TRF version, When it will be out is anyone's guess.
those 415 alloy suspension blocks are those from the regular 415 or the MS version and what kind of blocks to be used from the front and rear of the car thanks and sorry to ask too many questions
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:22 AM   #1224
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac
I think i know what it is but can someone tell me what the lightweight"reversible arms "are?
Also with all the ta-05 hop-ups mentioned there is a couple of things not mentioned,is there a carbon fiber chassie and top deck available,and if so who make's it and whats the part number.Is there a CF top deck available for the stock TA-05 out of the box chassie,it seems a few have suggeted it?
ALL information is helpfull.
And if anybody has a idea when a TRF version of thr TA-05 will out please post to let me know!
SAC
the item that you mention is the TA-04/ TB-02 REVERSIBLE LIGHTWEIGHT SUSPENSION ARMS which can be also used with the TA-05. the carbon fiber chassis is not out yet and do not if Tamiya will release one soon but STEVE of SPEEDTECHRC can help you out with this one. carbon fiber top deck is already available and TECH RACING is the one who made it including the CF battery brace hope this helps
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:36 AM   #1225
Tech Adept

Hi Guy,

Just back from my first race with my TA05. Did race in two classes, F201 and TA05 both with same motor 17T.

Interesting that with my F201 my best lap was 16.67, while on the TA05 was 16.36 ... best guy was doing 16.2 with F201, and best guy in the TC was doing 15.1 with a Evo IV. (I used speed gear on the F201, and the 25T pinion on tha TA05 ... the F201 was looking with a little better top speed).

Even consider that as driver I'm not so good, 1.2sec/lap of gap in the TC class means that I need a better set up.

My car was having blue springs and bar on the front, and red spring and bar on the rear. 5mm ride front, and 5.5 on rear. stock oil, 1hole front , 2 hole rear. I did use the screw in the front for set the 5mm ride, while on the rear, the ride is set only by the springs.

I have notice that if get a little push in a turn, my car easily flip over. As well if I'm too much aggressive on the kerbs.

I addition I have seen that my TA05 right side, where there is my GP3700 pack, is quite much heavy then the left side ... I would need some sort of spacer for push the battery as much on the center posiiton as possible.

Mainly I think the battery position is the biggest limitation of the TA05.

With my 3700 pack, my TA05 ready to run was 1600g ... that is quite high !

Just got now my new TRF BLU Damper ... I guess I will go for 1 hole all around.

My question is ... should I set the ride heigh on the rear with the screw in the arms like I did on the front ??

I do have the CF front and rear ... does somebody has some suggest on which hole should I use ... does somebody know what is the result of using a different hole on the front or on the rear ?

Thanks

Luigi

PS: The TA05 was incredible silent and smooth ... and very stable and easy to drive.

PS: The track is an outdoor track ... little bit bumpy, everybody is using the CS27 tires (including me)
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #1226
Tech Master

I would set the front with 5mm ride height, and set the droop screws to give you a maximum of 5.5mm chassis height. On the rear, your ride height of 5.5mm is correct, but you need to limit the droop a lot more, I normaly start at an extra 1mm chassis movement above ride height, then if I need a little more rear traction, I increase the amount of droop. By limiting droop, it should reduce the chances of grip roll/toppling on kerbs plus make the car more responsive to steering.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:21 AM   #1227
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Just ran my 05 in mod yesterday. i think i found my new ride for 2005. The car had an excellent showing in the mod class finishing 2nd by .7 secs. Yes, if i had 1 more lap after getting drilled 4 times, i would have taken it. The Flex on teh chassis including the plastic shock towers worked fine. I dont think i would changed anything else on the car except the dogbones im running and maybe a lil less droop in the rear. The car surpassed my expectations of how it should have performed. I am getting another one JUST for parking lot races. BTW..i run both oneways.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:45 AM   #1228
Tech Adept

One more question.

Which are the Tamiya code of the rear block that allow to change the rear TOE ?
I have been told that EVO IV and 415 blocks should work on the T05 ... I just need to know the codes.

Thanks

e_lm_70
Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 AM   #1229
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How heavy is it compared to other makes of Racecars?
Herc Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 AM   #1230
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Driver
How heavy is it compared to other makes of Racecars?
TC rules want car not lighter then 1500g.

Top cars need to add weight in order to don't brake minimum weight rule.

With the TA05 not only I'm 100g more then expected but I should put more weight on the left for balance the new GP3700 ... (or use GP3300 / GP3000)

e_lm_70