R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #1186
Tech Initiate
 
WarpdSpazm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe
Have you ever measured Takeoffs compared to Sorex tires? generally 1-2mm difference in diameter.That works out to be around 1.4mm difference in rollout, or marginally more than 1 tooth on the pinion.
That would be where my Tamiya-ness shows through. We only run TCS rules when we run Tamiya cars so we're all on the same tire anyhow. I don't run anything else outdoor sans off-road and indoor it's all foam.
__________________
Ray
Brownies Hobbies | BlackMaven MotorSports
Euro Truck|TT-02|1/12 Spec
Long live the Silver Can! I like to go slow
www.facebook.com/blackmavenmotorsports
WarpdSpazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #1187
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

anyone run their car in 19T yet?

(hi izzy ... i see you reading this thread! )
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #1188
Tech Master
 
Rod M's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

what sort of compound is the standard tyres made of (type A?)
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #1189
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
anyone run their car in 19T yet?

(hi izzy ... i see you reading this thread! )
I'm getting mine in a few days and the parts to get it race ready a few after that. I will run it in 19t rubber/ozite. I'll let ya know how it goes.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #1190
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
I'm getting mine in a few days and the parts to get it race ready a few after that. I will run it in 19t rubber/ozite. I'll let ya know how it goes.
sweeet. i might try mine on carpet also but that wont be until the ROAR12 regionals in late oct.

what happened with your spektrum? i saw it was up for sale?
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #1191
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
sweeet. i might try mine on carpet also but that wont be until the ROAR12 regionals in late oct.

what happened with your spektrum? i saw it was up for sale?
I thought indoors at least at the two tracks I went to it was like driving with 8 to 10 negetove steerin expo. I would say 98% f the guys woldnt notice or care-but I didnt care for it. if the module doesnt sell-I wont cry-I'll wait to run it outdoors.

TA05 guys-do I NEED the CF shock towers or are they more 2nd tier hop-up/bling??
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 PM   #1192
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
I thought indoors at least at the two tracks I went to it was like driving with 8 to 10 negetove steerin expo. I would say 98% f the guys woldnt notice or care-but I didnt care for it. if the module doesnt sell-I wont cry-I'll wait to run it outdoors.

TA05 guys-do I NEED the CF shock towers or are they more 2nd tier hop-up/bling??
ray... with the CF shock towers.. they're lighter and stronger, extra shock hole in the rear.... but you might run into problems going lower than 5mm ride height using the normal springs. (short springs are okay all around) it all depends on how you build your shocks i suppose

you can never have enough bling
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #1193
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I am not skeered to shorten my shocks
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #1194
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
ray... with the CF shock towers.. they're lighter and stronger, extra shock hole in the rear.... but you might run into problems going lower than 5mm ride height using the normal springs. (short springs are okay all around) it all depends on how you build your shocks i suppose

you can never have enough bling
Another thing about the CF shock towers over the plastic ones, you can flex and bend the plastic ones really easily

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #1195
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Another thing about the CF shock towers over the plastic ones, you can flex and bend the plastic ones really easily

Steve Wang
Hi Steve-you'll be hearing from me tomorrow or if my insomnia keeps going-tonight.

I hate flexi shock towers!! I hate flexi cars But the chassis will have to wait I guess.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #1196
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 272
Default

hi was wondering if the ta05 is a competitive car? is it as good as the xray fk05?
noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #1197
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

guys-anyone know where to nail some A and C evoIII suspension blocks? I sold all mine when I sold my evoIII/tbo2 last month AAArrgghhhh!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #1198
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
guys-anyone know where to nail some A and C evoIII suspension blocks? I sold all mine when I sold my evoIII/tbo2 last month AAArrgghhhh!!
EVO IV ones should work (same geometry) but in blue!

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:38 AM   #1199
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Get the TechRacing 2F deck if u hate flexi, it fix a lot of flexi problem.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:48 AM   #1200
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I found the biggest flex was the chassis ares where the gearbox hangs on, and suspension as it realy isn't to well braced between the chassis and the gearbox, experimenting with some carbon bracing as we speak, and it feels far more solid which you need for carpet running.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:30 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net