Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree25Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 04-15-2015, 11:57 PM
  #11311  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

well isn't that just convenient!!!!

thank you sir!
macscac is offline  
Old 04-16-2015, 04:49 AM
  #11312  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,695
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
What you are looking for are the Double Cardan Driveshafts. pt#42216
mooby64 is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 AM
  #11313  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (74)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,091
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Does the spool and ball diff from original TA05 fit in the aluminium bulkheads of the TA05-MS?
Raman is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 03:45 PM
  #11314  
PDR
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,928
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Does the spool and ball diff from original TA05 fit in the aluminium bulkheads of the TA05-MS?
I'm almost certain that it does. I've got a spool in the front of my TA05MS and although I don't have the packet any more, I'm sure it's the TA05 direct coupling (53877).

Phil.

PS: Just went through my order history and I can confirm it's the 53877. Ordered it in 2009
PDR is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 03:48 PM
  #11315  
PDR
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,928
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PDR View Post
I'm almost certain that it does. I've got a spool in the front of my TA05MS and although I don't have the packet any more, I'm sure it's the TA05 direct coupling (53877).

Phil.

PS: Just went through my order history and I can confirm it's the 53877. Ordered it in 2009
Found a photo
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-wp_20140721_19_32_15_pro.jpg  
PDR is offline  
Old 04-18-2015, 06:33 PM
  #11316  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (74)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,091
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PDR View Post
Found a photo
Thank you
Raman is offline  
Old 06-14-2015, 11:15 PM
  #11317  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 74
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking for a TA05 roller for TCS. If anyone is selling one please PM me.
Autostrada048 is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 02:53 AM
  #11318  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by Autostrada048 View Post
I'm looking for a TA05 roller for TCS. If anyone is selling one please PM me.
I have one but it wouldn't be TCS legal as it's got a 3racing chassis on it
tc3team is offline  
Old 06-15-2015, 01:16 PM
  #11319  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,311
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Autostrada048 View Post
I'm looking for a TA05 roller for TCS. If anyone is selling one please PM me.
Which version are you looking for, I have two chassis worth of parts, I also have a v2 with the ifs setup that I may be willing to part with. PM me if you're interested
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 06-22-2015, 07:28 AM
  #11320  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 74
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just bought a ver.1 for a great deal and I slapped on the ver.2 arms and other bits. Hopefully I can have it set up before the TCS event in Washington.

What is a good set of suspension blocks to use in the front and rear? Petitrc doesn't have many setup sheets for the ta05.
Autostrada048 is offline  
Old 06-22-2015, 12:44 PM
  #11321  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
big al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I don't think you need to change the toe blocks. If you were to buy the light weight suspension kit, toe blocks aren't included. You would just use the original ones.
big al is offline  
Old 06-22-2015, 12:56 PM
  #11322  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
tobyzhang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chino hills/Irvine
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Autostrada048 View Post
I just bought a ver.1 for a great deal and I slapped on the ver.2 arms and other bits. Hopefully I can have it set up before the TCS event in Washington.

What is a good set of suspension blocks to use in the front and rear? Petitrc doesn't have many setup sheets for the ta05.
Most common is XA-E or XA-D depends on condition. Ver 1 is slightly better than v2 in lower traction condition and v2 is more nimble and slightly better in higher traction condition from comparing my v2 to friend's v1.
tobyzhang is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 02:34 PM
  #11323  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 74
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big al View Post
I don't think you need to change the toe blocks. If you were to buy the light weight suspension kit, toe blocks aren't included. You would just use the original ones.
The stock plastic toe blocks SUCK unless you have the TA05R with the aluminum toe blocks. I'm running the reversible arms in the front and rear.

Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
Most common is XA-E or XA-D depends on condition. Ver 1 is slightly better than v2 in lower traction condition and v2 is more nimble and slightly better in higher traction condition from comparing my v2 to friend's v1.
So I should use XA-E and or XA-D for the front and rear? or would that just be for the rear and use 1A's for the front?

Last edited by Autostrada048; 06-23-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Autostrada048 is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 02:50 PM
  #11324  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (74)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,091
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Autostrada048 View Post
The stock plastic toe blocks SUCK unless you have the TA05R with the aluminum toe blocks.



So I should use XA-E and or XA-D for the front and rear? or would that just be for the rear and use 1A's for the front?
No. He is referring to rear only. XA-D will give you 2.5 toe in on rear, XA-E 3.0, F 3.5

On front the kit comes with A/A. You can increase front width by going to B/B or C/C. The wider the front the calmer the steering.. Too wide will make it numb.

You can go B/C or C/D in front .. That creates arm sweep which is good for tracks with tight corners. For initial set up, I would avoid the sweep set up.

Last edited by Raman; 06-23-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Raman is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 04:31 PM
  #11325  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (38)
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

As an addendum to what Sir Raman was saying, here are the charts for your reference. It also took me quite some time to figure out what the letters mean until I ran into this.

I got these charts from here:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/s...7&type=article

From what I understand, this also applies to other Tamiya chassis.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-front.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-rear.jpg  
SagadSetup is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.