R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #11026
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Born (The Netherlands)
Posts: 23
Default

Anyone here that uses the Yeah Racing bearings (the ones with the blue seal) ?
__________________
Tamiya TT-01E Type R | Tamiya TA-05
Tjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #11027
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

@ encore75 -

Crap I got that bumper and its only a TB03D bumper dyed black -

But its a LTD edition tamiya part - so that is kinda cool.

*Limited Edition Itens
49462 - TA05 Urethane Bumper (Black)

Looks like my kit box item, without the wear and tear of three years of abuse

But it's not grey but that's cool
__________________
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #11028
Tech Addict
 
encore75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SnoHoCo, WA
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to encore75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
@ encore75 -

Crap I got that bumper and its only a TB03D bumper dyed black -

But its a LTD edition tamiya part - so that is kinda cool.

*Limited Edition Itens
49462 - TA05 Urethane Bumper (Black)

Looks like my kit box item, without the wear and tear of three years of abuse

But it's not grey but that's cool
IIRC, the TB03 bumper is the same as the for the 416, TA05MS, and TB-EVO 5. I can't interchange the bumpers between my TA05R and Evo5 because the holes line up differently.

But yeah, the Limited Edition bumper for the TA05 is just the same as the stock one...just in black foam (to better match the black of the chassis). From what I've seen, most of the "Limited Edition" items are just different colored versions of the stock pieces rather than different designs. For example, I have the Limited Edition "Milky Blue" sway bar set and White spring set on my TA05R (and the Limited Edition "Black" sway bars on my Evo5), which are single color, respectively, instead of the usual red, yellow, and blue.
__________________
Tamiya TB-Evolution V & TA05-R | Kyosho Ultima SC & RB5 | Associated FT RC18T
encore75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #11029
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by encore75 View Post
IIRC, the TB03 bumper is the same as the for the 416, TA05MS, and TB-EVO 5. I can't interchange the bumpers between my TA05R and Evo5 because the holes line up differently.

But yeah, the Limited Edition bumper for the TA05 is just the same as the stock one...just in black foam (to better match the black of the chassis). From what I've seen, most of the "Limited Edition" items are just different colored versions of the stock pieces rather than different designs. For example, I have the Limited Edition "Milky Blue" sway bar set and White spring set on my TA05R (and the Limited Edition "Black" sway bars on my Evo5), which are single color, respectively, instead of the usual red, yellow, and blue.
Dood - I just got #49462 and the mounting holes fit sweet - looks like it would fit a V2 as well; with a knife

Have you used the shims yet - and do they help. My TC5FT in the rear has opposite angle (anti-squat) but with no shims I have roughly 1 (anti-dive)
__________________
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #11030
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowkl View Post
Hi Guys,

I was at the LHS yesterday and enquired regarding the no on the rear hub carrier. He mention that the no indicated is the deg of toe in. So Now I'll fix the 3racing rear hub with my 1A rear inside and D rear outside will give me 3.5 deg. I'm not sure if it's too much but will post my experience with this setting. Thanks for all the help.

Regards.
I found this in the TA05MS manual -

__________________
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #11031
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

All dressed up and nowhere to go until the big dance in October:





I changed the rear end's springs again and used some tuned springs from my TC5 this time. Lighter stabilizer bar installed as well.
__________________
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:34 AM   #11032
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 91
Default

Dragnse7en,

Thanks for the info. I'm now using the alluminum 2+ hub with a 1C + 1A as to achieve 3 deg toe in. Now looking to make my care more drive able. I've got a race using a TA05 is making all the xray guys a run for their money as he's a good driver and some of them just trail him from the back.

Hopefully to get his standard with my TA05.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
I found this in the TA05MS manual -

kowkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #11033
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Post tamiya ta05ms

4 sale ta05 ms kit only with ferrari fxx body shell no elctronics included.
09216013419. 5 times lng ginamet with spare parts included and box.
anthonyco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #11034
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,102
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

hi, i recently bought the porsche 934 ta05 ms, the chassis is the 230 mm wheelbase, I know there are no other bodies that will fit it, is there any way to make it 237mm, as i have a bunch of corolla bodies, the spacers only give 3 mm in adjustment need another 5mm, any help would be great, thanks
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #11035
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 1,499
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is interested, I have a heavily optioned (Tamiya parts only) TA05 IFS-R for sale. Take a look at my post. Good price for a chassis that is in excellent condition. Lots of photos.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...y-options.html
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #11036
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
If anyone is interested, I have a heavily optioned (Tamiya parts only) TA05 IFS-R for sale. Take a look at my post. Good price for a chassis that is in excellent condition. Lots of photos.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...y-options.html
I will offer 70 bucks, eps since the R version has been announced . . .
__________________
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #11037
Tech Apprentice
 
Leroifittipalde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Leroifittipalde Send a message via Yahoo to Leroifittipalde
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
All dressed up and nowhere to go until the big dance in October:





I changed the rear end's springs again and used some tuned springs from my TC5 this time. Lighter stabilizer bar installed as well.
How is your MMP esc mounted? Im having problems getting mine to fit. Did you cut your chassis on that side?
__________________
-ZIM
TRF 416//TA05 IFS//ABC Genetic//3Racing F1-09//Yokomo MR4 Rallye
Leroifittipalde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #11038
Tech Apprentice
 
RielTime Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroifittipalde View Post
How is your MMP esc mounted? Im having problems getting mine to fit. Did you cut your chassis on that side?
I have the Mamba Max Pro also. This is what I did to make it fit. No problems running other than finishing 2nd all the time in qualifiers and mains
__________________
Sometimes I race R/C, but when I do, I run the Team Associated TC7.
RielTime Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #11039
Tech Fanatic
 
minicooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper
Default

Searched but was getting nowhere fast...
Can suspension arms 51104 be used instead of 50868 as a direct replacement? Thanks
__________________
Royal Rumble Racing
minicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #11040
Tech Apprentice
 
Leroifittipalde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Leroifittipalde Send a message via Yahoo to Leroifittipalde
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RielTime Racing View Post
I have the Mamba Max Pro also. This is what I did to make it fit. No problems running other than finishing 2nd all the time in qualifiers and mains
Ah, I was hoping to not have to do any cutting of the tub but it seems unavoidable with an esc this size. The pic helps, thanks.
__________________
-ZIM
TRF 416//TA05 IFS//ABC Genetic//3Racing F1-09//Yokomo MR4 Rallye
Leroifittipalde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net