Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree25Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
  #10921  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Exclamation

Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
I was wondering what suspension blocks is everyone running up front in their cars. I'm currently running front 1c rear 1b. Since I changed over to the short reversible arms, I was thinking about trying 1c/1c. This is in a 17.5 class on low-medium grip asphalt.
The short reversible arms are a hard plastic exact copy of my arms. The B mount is for a TRF415 and fits good with a TB01 chassis (not an XB mount) but IIRC it will increase toe-in by a full degree. But then again, if that's what you're aiming for, go for it.

Actually I think the XB suspension bridge mount would do what I said; and the B mount will increase toe-out. I'll get back to you on that but I think someone on this thread already found out the (Tamiya?) bridge mount numbers.
dragnse7en is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:47 PM
  #10922  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

Sorry - the B mount is smaller and the XB mount is wider.
dragnse7en is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
  #10923  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 273
Default

Originally Posted by strong View Post
For what it's worth.......My track is out door asphalt and I was in need of more rear traction.......I was using the 26mm foam tires front and rear....And then I realized...I should be using the 30mm foams on the back....I really didn't think they would fit.......But they fit fine.....And guess what.. more rear grip.....Last night someone put down traction compound and I totaly killed all the other cars......Really to much grip in some places.......Right setup right tires is the key for me.
Why are you using foams on asphalt!?!?!? Don't tell me everyone is using foam on asphalt . . . . Only 1/8 scale 2WD F1 cars use that only b/c their tires are super wide.

Carpet yes but too light on pavement and no traction just drifting . . . D compound tires and up at my asphalt track, foams for the inside carpet track with that yay tire sticky spray during winter indoors . . .
dragnse7en is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
  #10924  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Originally Posted by kowkl View Post
Guys,

I've just bought a Tekin redline brushless motor. After installing it in and with the sensor cable connected I can't fit the aluminum side brace on. What will the effect be if I run without this brace ? I'm using the upgraded carbon chasis (original tamiya).

I've been running the car with the upgraded servo saver. After changing a new servo I've noticed that there is a lot of free play. Is this normal or there is a problem with the servo saver ? I've looked into the assembly but all seems ok.

Any feedback appreciated.

Tks.
All you need to do to fit the side brace with a brushless motor is use a 3mm shim between the chassis and the side brace, that's what I did and I haven't had any issues so far.

The Tamiya servo savers do wear out pretty quickly and develop excessive play, so either replace the servo saver or look into a different brand servo saver.
Skitee is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
  #10925  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kowkl View Post
Guys,

I've just bought a Tekin redline brushless motor. After installing it in and with the sensor cable connected I can't fit the aluminum side brace on. What will the effect be if I run without this brace ? I'm using the upgraded carbon chasis (original tamiya).
Yea just add the 3mm shims, and use longer screws if you need to. I havent had any problems with this setup either.
rnd_tang is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:03 AM
  #10926  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Born (The Netherlands)
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Why are you using foams on asphalt!?!?!? Don't tell me everyone is using foam on asphalt . . . . Only 1/8 scale 2WD F1 cars use that only b/c their tires are super wide.

Carpet yes but too light on pavement and no traction just drifting . . . D compound tires and up at my asphalt track, foams for the inside carpet track with that yay tire sticky spray during winter indoors . . .
I use foam on asphalt, it is a low traction track and foam works much better than rubber. Some guys use tire additives on rubber tires and that seems to work for them.
Tjello is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:27 AM
  #10927  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by Skitee View Post

The Tamiya servo savers do wear out pretty quickly and develop excessive play, so either replace the servo saver or look into a different brand servo saver.
Kimbrough servo savers are good imo if that helps. had the small one for about 3 seasons of racing and only now has it got too much play in it.

They do a larger one too, both come with a selection of inner parts for different brands of servo.
tc3team is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
  #10928  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,965
Default

Has anyone had any experience with the Tamiya spool for the TA05? I am just a bit worried those plastic drive cups might not be up to task in a more powerful application, say 10.5 BL?

Last edited by niznai; 07-09-2010 at 06:48 AM.
niznai is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:59 AM
  #10929  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

I've been running the Tamiya TA-05 spool for a while but the drive cups are steel, are you using the Tamiya spool or another brand. The TRF415/TRF416 spools used delrin cups on the spool, on there own they are crap and break for nothing but used with the reinforcing aluminum tube which slides over the delrin cup they get the job done even with low turn mods.
Skitee is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 AM
  #10930  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
I've been running the Tamiya TA-05 spool for a while but the drive cups are steel, are you using the Tamiya spool or another brand. The TRF415/TRF416 spools used delrin cups on the spool, on there own they are crap and break for nothing but used with the reinforcing aluminum tube which slides over the delrin cup they get the job done even with low turn mods.
+1, afaik the ta05 spool only has steel cups.
tc3team is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 AM
  #10931  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,965
Default

I was just asking about the Tamiya 53877, don't have one. I thought formt he pictures they looked like plastic which as I said seemed a bit iffy. So they are steel? OK then.
niznai is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
  #10932  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,219
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
I was just asking about the Tamiya 53877, don't have one. I thought formt he pictures they looked like plastic which as I said seemed a bit iffy. So they are steel? OK then.
The TA05 spool has steel outdrives. I just received mine today in the main and they are steel.
wyd is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
  #10933  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Why are you using foams on asphalt!?!?!? Don't tell me everyone is using foam on asphalt . . . . Only 1/8 scale 2WD F1 cars use that only b/c their tires are super wide.

Carpet yes but too light on pavement and no traction just drifting . . . D compound tires and up at my asphalt track, foams for the inside carpet track with that yay tire sticky spray during winter indoors . . .
Hobby shop has a ton of foam tire but no rubber......Me being a person who tries to support the local hobby shop...Well.. I buy the foams.......But from what I have seen I think the rubbers are faster.....Could you tell me what is a good fast rubber tire with long traction life.......My track is between 90-130 degrees hot.
strong is offline  
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
  #10934  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,965
Default

Originally Posted by strong View Post
Hobby shop has a ton of foam tire but no rubber......Me being a person who tries to support the local hobby shop...Well.. I buy the foams.......But from what I have seen I think the rubbers are faster.....Could you tell me what is a good fast rubber tire with long traction life.......My track is between 90-130 degrees hot.
I understand you're running on pavement.

A good tire to try is the Muchmore absolute traction range in whatever temperature you find fit (perhaps start with 28 or 32 and medium insert - Aqua or blue). Sorex tires are another option but have a shorter life, or you could try tamiya tires compound A. Again, medium inserts.
niznai is offline  
Old 07-10-2010, 06:31 AM
  #10935  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
I understand you're running on pavement.

A good tire to try is the Muchmore absolute traction range in whatever temperature you find fit (perhaps start with 28 or 32 and medium insert - Aqua or blue). Sorex tires are another option but have a shorter life, or you could try tamiya tires compound A. Again, medium inserts.
Just brought two set of foam tires yesterday.......One set of kyosho....And one set of BSR.... When those are done I think I will try the muchmore brand rubbers....seems like I saw them at tower hobby.
strong is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.