R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #10921
Suspended

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
I was wondering what suspension blocks is everyone running up front in their cars. I'm currently running front 1c rear 1b. Since I changed over to the short reversible arms, I was thinking about trying 1c/1c. This is in a 17.5 class on low-medium grip asphalt.
The short reversible arms are a hard plastic exact copy of my arms. The B mount is for a TRF415 and fits good with a TB01 chassis (not an XB mount) but IIRC it will increase toe-in by a full degree. But then again, if that's what you're aiming for, go for it.

Actually I think the XB suspension bridge mount would do what I said; and the B mount will increase toe-out. I'll get back to you on that but I think someone on this thread already found out the (Tamiya?) bridge mount numbers.
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #10922
Suspended

Sorry - the B mount is smaller and the XB mount is wider.
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #10923
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by strong View Post
For what it's worth.......My track is out door asphalt and I was in need of more rear traction.......I was using the 26mm foam tires front and rear....And then I realized...I should be using the 30mm foams on the back....I really didn't think they would fit.......But they fit fine.....And guess what.. more rear grip.....Last night someone put down traction compound and I totaly killed all the other cars......Really to much grip in some places.......Right setup right tires is the key for me.
Why are you using foams on asphalt!?!?!? Don't tell me everyone is using foam on asphalt . . . . Only 1/8 scale 2WD F1 cars use that only b/c their tires are super wide.

Carpet yes but too light on pavement and no traction just drifting . . . D compound tires and up at my asphalt track, foams for the inside carpet track with that yay tire sticky spray during winter indoors . . .
Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 AM   #10924
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowkl View Post
Guys,

I've just bought a Tekin redline brushless motor. After installing it in and with the sensor cable connected I can't fit the aluminum side brace on. What will the effect be if I run without this brace ? I'm using the upgraded carbon chasis (original tamiya).

I've been running the car with the upgraded servo saver. After changing a new servo I've noticed that there is a lot of free play. Is this normal or there is a problem with the servo saver ? I've looked into the assembly but all seems ok.

Any feedback appreciated.

Tks.
All you need to do to fit the side brace with a brushless motor is use a 3mm shim between the chassis and the side brace, that's what I did and I haven't had any issues so far.

The Tamiya servo savers do wear out pretty quickly and develop excessive play, so either replace the servo saver or look into a different brand servo saver.

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #10925
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowkl View Post
Guys,

I've just bought a Tekin redline brushless motor. After installing it in and with the sensor cable connected I can't fit the aluminum side brace on. What will the effect be if I run without this brace ? I'm using the upgraded carbon chasis (original tamiya).
Yea just add the 3mm shims, and use longer screws if you need to. I havent had any problems with this setup either.
rnd_tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:03 AM   #10926
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Why are you using foams on asphalt!?!?!? Don't tell me everyone is using foam on asphalt . . . . Only 1/8 scale 2WD F1 cars use that only b/c their tires are super wide.

Carpet yes but too light on pavement and no traction just drifting . . . D compound tires and up at my asphalt track, foams for the inside carpet track with that yay tire sticky spray during winter indoors . . .
I use foam on asphalt, it is a low traction track and foam works much better than rubber. Some guys use tire additives on rubber tires and that seems to work for them.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:27 AM   #10927
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post

The Tamiya servo savers do wear out pretty quickly and develop excessive play, so either replace the servo saver or look into a different brand servo saver.
Kimbrough servo savers are good imo if that helps. had the small one for about 3 seasons of racing and only now has it got too much play in it.

They do a larger one too, both come with a selection of inner parts for different brands of servo.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #10928
Tech Elite

Has anyone had any experience with the Tamiya spool for the TA05? I am just a bit worried those plastic drive cups might not be up to task in a more powerful application, say 10.5 BL?

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 07-09-2010 at 07:48 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #10929
Tech Addict

I've been running the Tamiya TA-05 spool for a while but the drive cups are steel, are you using the Tamiya spool or another brand. The TRF415/TRF416 spools used delrin cups on the spool, on there own they are crap and break for nothing but used with the reinforcing aluminum tube which slides over the delrin cup they get the job done even with low turn mods.