R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #10876
Tech Apprentice

Thanks again....just to know that they are a valuable tuning aid....and like you say start with the medium/soft then keep trying things!!!

If you know or anyone.....are the Aramid blue belt....and the white IFS belt the same length as the kit belts??? I want to order some spares...and some bling couldn't hurt!!!

R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
I prefer to use the thickest (blue) bars for both the front and rear, but that's my preference. I'm slicing corners at stupid speeds, nice and tight, but I race in the open class now b/c of my motor size.

I don't quite know how your radio is dialed in for steering, so I would recommend starting out with the factory settings; med for the front and soft for the rear, and then go from there. They set the rear softer than the front so that the sway bar doesn't fight against the shock springs in the rear as much, and lets them do their job keeping traction and push for the car.

I push down each shock, one at a time, and check to see if all the tires are still on the ground. This shouldn't be a problem, especially for any of the TA05 series though.

Red = soft
Yellow = medium
Blue = hard

Anyways its a good place to start. You can first dial in the steering, and if that's not enough, beef up the front w/ a heavier bar.
----KYOSHO RB5 (SOON)----
R.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #10877
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Thanks again....just to know that they are a valuable tuning aid....and like you say start with the medium/soft then keep trying things!!!

If you know or anyone.....are the Aramid blue belt....and the white IFS belt the same length as the kit belts??? I want to order some spares...and some bling couldn't hurt!!!

R
The blue aramid belts, IFS belts, and V2 belts are all identical in length. The blue belts look great w/ the blue aluminum screw set, and the same thing goes for the IFS belts w/ the titanium screw set.

You're in luck either way!!! Remember to reset the belt tension cams back to the kit instructions; which reminds me I need new belts as I have both cams five holes out from the center. But then again they're around three years old and are the kit belts. . . .

Oh yeah I took my car out of retirement. Played with the TC5 for a while and the TA05-R makes it look, eh, slower I guess would be the right word

So, in a nutshell, you're in luck for any of the options you mentioned!!!!

Be sure to let me know how things turn out!
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #10878
Tech Apprentice

Thanks.....racing tommorow night.....finally have the Tekin figured out....the car is FAST!!!! Let ya know how it goes,

R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
The blue aramid belts, IFS belts, and V2 belts are all identical in length. The blue belts look great w/ the blue aluminum screw set, and the same thing goes for the IFS belts w/ the titanium screw set.

You're in luck either way!!! Remember to reset the belt tension cams back to the kit instructions; which reminds me I need new belts as I have both cams five holes out from the center. But then again they're around three years old and are the kit belts. . . .

Oh yeah I took my car out of retirement. Played with the TC5 for a while and the TA05-R makes it look, eh, slower I guess would be the right word

So, in a nutshell, you're in luck for any of the options you mentioned!!!!

Be sure to let me know how things turn out!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #10879
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 06-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #10880
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all the help guys...

Race report.....2nd place behind a photon....ahead of a t3...cyclone....2 tc5r's....and 007!!! Why did it take me so long to get a Tamiya tourer!!!

Upgrades.....springs (10$)....that's it nodda nothin box stock!!!

Anyways someone was filming the main....I'll try and link when its posted!!

R
Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #10881
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks for all the help guys...

Race report.....2nd place behind a photon....ahead of a t3...cyclone....2 tc5r's....and 007!!! Why did it take me so long to get a Tamiya tourer!!!

Upgrades.....springs (10$)....that's it nodda nothin box stock!!!

Anyways someone was filming the main....I'll try and link when its posted!!

R

Nice one, yep at club level the ta05 can beat a lot more expensive stuff out there. It's also a lot stronger than some more expensive chassis too which is nice.

The only issues I had with mine are the stock toe blocks, they elongate after a few hits and then the toe rod can pop out easily.

If that happens, get the ones the 415 uses (and the balls to go in them) and you're good to go...

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #10882
Tech Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUdD9ILVGY

This is the link to the final.....my car is yellow and silver....starting p3!!!

R
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #10883
Suspended

Quote:

R
Pretty nice!!!! The turn marshals seemed to fall asleep halfway thru the race IMO, but mostly a clean race!!! It looked like near the end of the race, someone got a gaunlet of whacks from most of the other racers, just past the lap counter.

Is that a 19T dbl brushed motor class??? I had a MO-3L mini cooper w/a 19T dbl and it went about as fast as you guys.

Congrats RIP for being in the top three!!!
Tamiya Frog from 1985 - Kyosho Outlaw Ultima ST - AE RC10T (cow hide LOL) - Tamiya M03-L Mini Cooper - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Posche 962C - Tamiya 1/24 Tamtech Ferrari Testarossa - Tamiya TA05-R - AE TC5FT
dragnse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #10884
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

R
Nice run R.I.P..........The handling of this car is really good.....Lots of turn in and it tracks good also......Just as good as any other car up to a certain class........Don't have to break the bank to compete.
strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #10885
Tech Apprentice

The last qualifier I actually had the car handling the best....but like alot of racers....I messed with the rear droop to try and get that extra bit of bite in the backend....must have gone too far because the last run it slightly washed all over the track....regardless the car is great....easy to work on and shows you can have a blast without dropping 4-5 hundred on the latest tourer!!!

I'd love to see some others racing these cars....and race updates....what upgrades have done for the car.....etc!!

R
Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #10886
Tech Apprentice

Dragnse7en.....17.5 brushless...with boosted Tekin speedo....didn't get the gearing right yet.....TOO much boost....motor was smokin' by the end!!!

We run 6 minute mains.

R
Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #10887
Tech Initiate

How much droop do you run then ?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #10888
Tech Apprentice

I'll check later tonight and let you know.....we have a few weeks off in July....so unfortunately I'll only be dreaming about kickin' the carbon fibre cars to the curb until August!!!

R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjello View Post
Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #10889
Tech Apprentice

I only have a kit Associated droop guage to measure by....the rear arm rests on 6 and the front on 5......that was the best results.....I tried to raise the arms on the rear for the last main....and it seemed to do the reverse of what I was looking for!!!

Next race could be the 17th of July.....outdoors so I'll let you know what else I do and what changes I find are working....or not!!!

R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjello View Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #10890
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I only have a kit Associated droop guage to measure by....the rear arm rests on 6 and the front on 5......that was the best results.....I tried to raise the arms on the rear for the last main....and it seemed to do the reverse of what I was looking for!!!
That's what I run to, but it just seems that it's not okay and there would be a better solution.

The problem I have is in this curve, you drive here from the main straight (on the left side). It is pretty difficult to find the right line there but on initial turn in I have a lot of oversteer (most of the times uncontrollable).

Anybody got any ideas ?