R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2005, 09:21 AM   #1051
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 123
Default

Which type of tyre come with the TA05 kit ?
Type A ... or something different ?

Thanks

e_lm_70

P.S: I have my TA05 on the way to my home ...

1 x 58345 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 Ferrari F430 4WD Belt Driven
1 x 49360 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 TITANIUM SCREW SET
1 x 53845 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 FRONT CARBON DAMPER STAY
1 x 53846 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 REAR CARBON DAMPER STAY
2 x 53849 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 HIGH PRECISION DIFF JOINT
2 x 53843 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 ARAMID DRIVE BELT
2 x 53847 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 46mm ASSEMBLY UNIVERSAL SHAFT
1 x 53848 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 ALUM RACING STEERING SET
1 x 53842 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 FRONT & REAR STABILIZER SET

Did I miss something important in my TA05 ??? ... about one-way so far I have not a big fan of this front one way stuff in my cars ...
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:30 AM   #1052
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Which type of tyre come with the TA05 kit ?
Type A ... or something different ?

Thanks

e_lm_70

P.S: I have my TA05 on the way to my home ...

1 x 58345 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 Ferrari F430 4WD Belt Driven
1 x 49360 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 TITANIUM SCREW SET
1 x 53845 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 FRONT CARBON DAMPER STAY
1 x 53846 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 REAR CARBON DAMPER STAY
2 x 53849 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 HIGH PRECISION DIFF JOINT
2 x 53843 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 ARAMID DRIVE BELT
2 x 53847 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 46mm ASSEMBLY UNIVERSAL SHAFT
1 x 53848 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 ALUM RACING STEERING SET
1 x 53842 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 FRONT & REAR STABILIZER SET

Did I miss something important in my TA05 ??? ... about one-way so far I have not a big fan of this front one way stuff in my cars ...
Hi,

You have about all the go fast goodies, but I would also get me the LW suspension, and a spool!

The LW suspension makes it more easy for the tires to go fast during a longer period, and makes the car also more responsive! That makes it easier for the excellent shocks to do their work!

A spool is always nice! This makes it more easy to pass someone!

Bye, Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #1053
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,

You have about all the go fast goodies, but I would also get me the LW suspension, and a spool!

...

Bye, Thomas

Hi Thomas ... do you have the Tamiya code for these items ?

Danke

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:47 AM   #1054
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Hi Thomas ... do you have the Tamiya code for these items ?

Danke

e_lm_70

Hi,

Spool is # 49358

Lw suspension is # 49346

Bye
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 AM   #1055
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,

Spool is # 49358

Lw suspension is # 49346

Bye
Thanks

Both items don't sound TCS GT2 friendly ... so I will stay with my list ...

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #1056
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Which type of tyre come with the TA05 kit ?
Type A ... or something different ?

Thanks

e_lm_70

P.S: I have my TA05 on the way to my home ...

1 x 58345 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 Ferrari F430 4WD Belt Driven
1 x 49360 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 TITANIUM SCREW SET
1 x 53845 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 FRONT CARBON DAMPER STAY
1 x 53846 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 REAR CARBON DAMPER STAY
2 x 53849 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 HIGH PRECISION DIFF JOINT
2 x 53843 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 ARAMID DRIVE BELT
2 x 53847 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 46mm ASSEMBLY UNIVERSAL SHAFT
1 x 53848 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 ALUM RACING STEERING SET
1 x 53842 TAMIYA 1/10 RC TA05 FRONT & REAR STABILIZER SET

Did I miss something important in my TA05 ??? ... about one-way so far I have not a big fan of this front one way stuff in my cars ...
The TA05 come with racing radials, which aren't too bad, actually.. they're not as grippy as Type A, but I think if they're sauced and on carpet they'd do well enough, or on wet pavement perhaps.. they're nowhere near as bad as the radials that came with the enzo ferrari. I use those for drift.

You may want to add:
53570 Clamp type aluminum wheel hub (4mm thick)
Tamiya 53725 TB Evo IV Carbon body mount stay (bling for the bumper - if you don't crash too much, has never caused me problems )
Tamiya 53837 TA05 Aluminum motor heatsink (nice sideways fins don't cover the motor holes! )
Tamiya 53849 High Precision Diff (at least one for the front if you use low-turn motors and aren't using the one-way)

and perhaps switch to a 64p 105T spur gear before you invest too much into those .6 Tamiya gears. Much quieter, and a lot more gearing options.

Then again, the heatsink and diff might not be available yet, but they're pretty nice to have.
__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:32 AM   #1057
Tech Addict
 
Ghostfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Then again, the heatsink and diff might not be available yet, but they're pretty nice to have.
I'll say the heatsink is definately a MUST-HAVE ! .....and not just for the Bling factor, pple here driving the Yokes BD and others are like snapping it up !
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #1058
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 34
I found two types of lightweight suspension.

-Tamiya (#49346) - Tamiya TRF415 Reversible Lightweight Suspension Set

-Tamiya (#53794) - Tamiya TB-02 & TA04 Reversible Lightweight Suspension Set

The manual of the TA05 mentions the 53749 set as an option.

What is the difference between the two? Which one works better on the TA05?
F1mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #1059
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mechanic
I found two types of lightweight suspension.

-Tamiya (#49346) - Tamiya TRF415 Reversible Lightweight Suspension Set

-Tamiya (#53794) - Tamiya TB-02 & TA04 Reversible Lightweight Suspension Set

The manual of the TA05 mentions the 53749 set as an option.

What is the difference between the two? Which one works better on the TA05?
The components for the two are the same, except for the universal bones:

TAM49346 have the 46mm bones included
TAM53794 have the 42mm bones included

To fit it on the TA05, you'll have to go with the 48mm bone anyway (although 46mm seems to work for some racers over the weekend at TCS) so going with either one you'll be fine.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:49 PM   #1060
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,


A spool is always nice! This makes it more easy to pass someone!

Bye, Thomas
Hey thomas,
Have you actually fitted the spool to a TA05 or do you have to retro fit it?
I'm thinking of buying one if its a sur fit.

TNX
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:09 PM   #1061
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!

TRF415 spool WON'T fit TA05. The front bulkhead-to-bulkhead width of TRF415 is 3mm wider than TA05. The TRF415 spool is too wide for TA05 and there is no easy fix/mod for that. The only applicable solution is using TA05 dedicated spool, either you made one by yourself, or wait after-market parts (SpeedTechRC.... I'm callling you..... )

DO NOT buy TRF415 spool for TA05, there is no easy fix/mod to turn TRF415 spool into TA05 spool.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:02 AM   #1062
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 34
Default

The TA05 is my first belt-driven car.

What tension should the belts be and how should I check this?
Due to variable humidity the tension varies a bit.
F1mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:40 AM   #1063
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just picked up a TAo5 and very much impressed with the drivetrain, not looking for a spool or one-way, doing carpet racing, what I was after is a source for online setups, is there one for the Tamiya??

Also, I know I haven't read through all these pages yet, sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone had an issue with the steering on the TA05, in as much as one of the steering cranks (right hand side), the hole for the drag link screw is to far forward and leaves the steering incorrect, plus pushes the ball cup into the chassis brace??

Last edited by DA_cookie_monst; 08-30-2005 at 07:43 AM.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 AM   #1064
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I just picked up a TAo5 and very much impressed with the drivetrain, not looking for a spool or one-way, doing carpet racing, what I was after is a source for online setups, is there one for the Tamiya??

Also, I know I haven't read through all these pages yet, sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone had an issue with the steering on the TA05, in as much as one of the steering cranks (right hand side), the hole for the drag link screw is to far forward and leaves the steering incorrect, plus pushes the ball cup into the chassis brace??
You have that right crank reversed.. flip it over, and it'll be fine.

I didn't pay attention and did it myself at first, it almost looks to have equal lengths on both sides, but one's a weee bit longer for the steering servo link side.

Now that the North American TCS is over, there should be a slew of setups available from the past champs, who had to race that car.. I'll have to hit up Martin for his setup next time I see him..
__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 AM   #1065
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

Here's an improved setup sheet to get you started..

__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net