R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #10006
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
Do you have the part numbers please? are they tamiya parts?

49425 Blue
53919 Silver
84006 Black

If you don't want the cups to wear away, get plenty of 53890, the Swing shft protectors, and change them as wear dictates.

Kevin
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 AM   #10007
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

No experience with those particular 3Racing parts...
With others it would seem that 3Racing parts work ok with 3Racing parts but when mixing 3Racing and Tamiya parts, some of them dont seem to fit very well.
Basically, just be careful with 3Racing parts.

Those pulleys look like how old Tamiya diff pulleys used to come.
You needed to glue the ring to the outside, but these days they're all pre-assembled from Tamiya (and sometimes the factory "glue" comes unstuck and that ring comes away).

-Mark
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #10008
Tech Regular

I agree with mark, I use 3 Racing parts, but only if I can't get a Tamiya part.

Kevin
Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 AM   #10009
Tech Master

Default thanks

Thanks for all the replies... I'll be getting the 53935 ball differential pulley and I will match it with aluminum differential joint..
Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #10010
Tech Apprentice

Gday Fellas,

Ok well i'm new here so I better say hello! A few weeks back I went and had a look at some indoor tourers racing on carpet, here in Perth, West Australia. In the past have only ever had offroad cars (Revo, Baja etc etc)

OK so I want to get involved in some sort of TC racing so off I went to the LHS.

I was recomended the TA05, due to its durability and plethora of hop ups available. I ended up grabbing a TA05 IFS chassis, and the build went fine. I added my own esc and steering servo (from an old traxxas elec) and used the supplied silver can. The can had a hung brush and being closed endbell it was chucked. So back to the LHS and I ended up getting a LRP X11 17.5 BL modified, LRP Sphere TC Comp Spec ESC, Trakpower 54002S Lipo, Digital Futaba Steering servo and 69T 48P spur gear. At the moment I am running a 31T pinion gear as thats all that I have handy and have ordered a 35T to start racing with.

I have grabbed an alloy steering setup with bearings off fleabay, as I found the stock plastic one has a fair bit of play and also I have a leaky shock already after a few runs

But anyways I installed the running gear and took her for a fang today and she flies! I've stuck up some pics (the body is pretty rough, I think I had too many beers but can't remember ) so let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-2-480-x-360-.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-3-480-x-360-.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-4-480-x-360-.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-5-480-x-360-.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-6-480-x-360-.jpg  

Mash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 AM   #10011
Tech Champion

As far as I know, the stock diff's should be fine for a 10.5 if set correctly, I guess for peace of mind or anything faster the diff's need more frequent rebuilding.

Another option would be the serpent gear diff if it fits, will probably need to find a different length belt though and if its a different size to the your front diff or spool it's not going to be a good transmission setup as you'll get an overdrive senario or something

You might even have a problem with the outdrive bearings being the wrong size too, it could be a lot of work for little gain!

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #10012
mok
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash13 View Post
Gday Fellas,

Ok well i'm new here so I better say hello! A few weeks back I went and had a look at some indoor tourers racing on carpet, here in Perth, West Australia. In the past have only ever had offroad cars (Revo, Baja etc etc)

OK so I want to get involved in some sort of TC racing so off I went to the LHS.

I was recomended the TA05, due to its durability and plethora of hop ups available. I ended up grabbing a TA05 IFS chassis, and the build went fine. I added my own esc and steering servo (from an old traxxas elec) and used the supplied silver can. The can had a hung brush and being closed endbell it was chucked. So back to the LHS and I ended up getting a LRP X11 17.5 BL modified, LRP Sphere TC Comp Spec ESC, Trakpower 54002S Lipo, Digital Futaba Steering servo and 69T 48P spur gear. At the moment I am running a 31T pinion gear as thats all that I have handy and have ordered a 35T to start racing with.

I have grabbed an alloy steering setup with bearings off fleabay, as I found the stock plastic one has a fair bit of play and also I have a leaky shock already after a few runs

But anyways I installed the running gear and took her for a fang today and she flies! I've stuck up some pics (the body is pretty rough, I think I had too many beers but can't remember ) so let me know what you think!
Hi Mash!

You must have come to PRECC on a Tues night, given its the only carpet place to race at in Perth :P

I'm Mark, I normally run in modified touring but have run super stock for the last few weeks in preparation for tomorrow night's enduro.

If you need a hand with setup or anything about running on carpet or tuning your TA05, feel free to speak with me on race nights or here

Welcome aboard!

-Mark

Ps. Pic of my current car attached so you know who to look out for at PRECC
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dsc00049_640.jpg  
Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #10013
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
Hi Mash!

You must have come to PRECC on a Tues night, given its the only carpet place to race at in Perth :P

I'm Mark, I normally run in modified touring but have run super stock for the last few weeks in preparation for tomorrow night's enduro.

If you need a hand with setup or anything about running on carpet or tuning your TA05, feel free to speak with me on race nights or here

Welcome aboard!

-Mark

Ps. Pic of my current car attached so you know who to look out for at PRECC

Lol nuts to that he needs to come down to Bayswater on Sunday, just think BIG open track so you can really wind the car up.

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:25 AM   #10014
Tech Apprentice

I'll be coming down to both I think. I work a 2week on 2 off roster from work so I'll only be able to hit bayswater once a month, and will go to precc on a tuesday night, first one tomorrow.

Also isn't there a track at the old Ryper hobbies? Is that still open cause I know the shops moved?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #10015
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'll be coming down to both I think. I work a 2week on 2 off roster from work so I'll only be able to hit bayswater once a month, and will go to precc on a tuesday night, first one tomorrow.

Also isn't there a track at the old Ryper hobbies? Is that still open cause I know the shops moved?
Ryper track has closed, the shop hs moved to Cannington.
Tomorrow night is the last meet for this year.
It's a 1 and 1/2 hour enduro, you will probably be able to join a team on the night. Past enduro's there hve always been a few teams short a racer.

Kevin
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 AM   #10016
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Nah mate the Ryper track is a gonna, most of us are now at Baysy

Here is a pic of my TA-05 IFS-R I'm runnin a 10.5 geared 27/70

Next to it is my DF-03RA which might get a run soon. (RALLLLYYYY!)

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:34 AM   #10017
mok
Tech Master

Quote:

Mash, hate to break the bad news to you...

Tomorrow night at PRECC is the end of year enduro, trophy presentations and wind-up for the year

Club racing will return early in Jan, either the 1st or 2nd Tuesday of the month. There is however Bayswater, which is on this Sunday and then 2wks after that. Last Bayswater day will be the 21st I believe, with a return around the 1st or 2nd week of January.

Dont let me put you off coming tmw night, you just wont be able to get your car onto the track because of the enduro

-Mark
Old 12-01-2008, 03:48 AM   #10018
Tech Apprentice

You guys have got some nice rides, spewin about 2 moro but theres always bayswater next trip home what gearing do you guys recomend for each track?
Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 AM   #10019
Tech Champion

Sweeeeet rides Nexxus!

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #10020
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Trakpower 54002S Lipo,
Hi, Your pack is able to fit without any modifications?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote