Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree25Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 AM
  #9646  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
No problem

Dont forget the standard spur and pinion gears are tamiyas own pitch, ideally you need a 48dp spur and a selection of pinions for it unless you intend to keep using tamiyas pitch... (they wear quickly so ive heard).

I use a 48dp 72t spur. So on that basis,

72/27 would give you 6.0

72/26 would give you 6.23

72/25 would give you 6.48

72/24 ditto 6.75

72/23 ditto 7.04

Just gives you something to think about

Ps, bin the kit tyres and get some proper tyres on. Premounted Sorex 24/28 are a good starting point usually. As you get up to speed, you might find the 2 degrees rear toe might not be enough to get the car through the corners quick enough with a 27t motor.

I run 3 degrees and it just helps the car a little more.

Keep the diffs at the correct tightness, with just amount of grease and they will last for ages
yeah, I'll upgrade the spur/pinion when I have some money... I also made a gear calculator in excel, so I use that. makes it all a lot easier.

I've got my Vtec 27's on there atm. very sticky the kit tyres are staying in the box as spare, and I'm keeping the wheels.

and the diffs? oops, I forgot the spring in the rear one and broke the little plastic bit the locknut goes into.... which means it won't come apart. I might superglue it and use it as a spool
joe of loath is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 AM
  #9647  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
I assume it is sitting off to the right by 6-8mm though?
Yes it is set off, the furthest bit is inline with the edge of the chassis
Drifting101 is offline  
Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 AM
  #9648  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

cheers!!
DA_cookie_monst is offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
  #9649  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
yeah, I'll upgrade the spur/pinion when I have some money... I also made a gear calculator in excel, so I use that. makes it all a lot easier.

I've got my Vtec 27's on there atm. very sticky the kit tyres are staying in the box as spare, and I'm keeping the wheels.

and the diffs? oops, I forgot the spring in the rear one and broke the little plastic bit the locknut goes into.... which means it won't come apart. I might superglue it and use it as a spool
A spur and pinion wont set you back more than five or 6 quid if you get the right combo, worth doing or you will probably fry your comm.

I would rebuild the diff you didnt put the spring in and keep an eye on the other, diff's can wear out very quickly if they are not built right.

all the best I may even have a few tamiya pinions kicking around if you're desperate for one.
tc3team is offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
  #9650  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Posts: 572
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

guys.. is there a difference with cars having the same FDR, but different IDRs?
Minami is offline  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 PM
  #9651  
Tech Master
 
DRAG_ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ibanez,Cort,Yamaha
Posts: 1,783
Default

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
Tekin RS or RS Pro, really small footprint and no fan.
Novak GTB will just fit in at the back of your Ta05R, I run 13.5 BL motor with Novak GTB it fit without any problems
DRAG_ON is offline  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:23 PM
  #9652  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
A spur and pinion wont set you back more than five or 6 quid if you get the right combo, worth doing or you will probably fry your comm.

I would rebuild the diff you didnt put the spring in and keep an eye on the other, diff's can wear out very quickly if they are not built right.

all the best I may even have a few tamiya pinions kicking around if you're desperate for one.
I can't be bothered for the moment tbh, and anyway, I'm starting racaing offroad tomorrow (yes, I saw the dark side and they offered cookies).

I'll order a set of pinions when I get the rest of the parts for my home made TC i'm building.

oh, I can't rebuild the diff, the screw just spins with the nut attatched to the other end...

superglue methinks
joe of loath is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 AM
  #9653  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
jeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Even in our track, these are the two choices brand of racer that using brushless. i've read a lot of positive feedback for Tekin, and many loyal user for Novak GTB.

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
Tekin RS or RS Pro, really small footprint and no fan.
Originally Posted by DRAG_ON View Post
Novak GTB will just fit in at the back of your Ta05R, I run 13.5 BL motor with Novak GTB it fit without any problems
jeda is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
  #9654  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Hi all-
Finally biting the bullet and upgrading from my plastic shocks as they're about worn out and I'd like more adjustment.

Are these...

42102 Tamiya TRF Series Special Hard Black Coating Damper set (4) (limited Team Edition)

...the best ones to get? What springs and oil would be a good starting setup for rubber on a medium asphalt track running 13.5BL? Short springs or regular?

Last edited by reenmachine; 09-14-2008 at 04:28 PM.
reenmachine is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 05:08 PM
  #9655  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Hi all-
Finally biting the bullet and upgrading from my plastic shocks as they're about worn out and I'd like more adjustment.

Are these...

42102 Tamiya TRF Series Special Hard Black Coating Damper set (4) (limited Team Edition)

...the best ones to get? What springs and oil would be a good starting setup for rubber on a medium asphalt track running 13.5BL? Short springs or regular?
42102 are the ones to get, they come with a set of yellow springs, 60 wt oil is a good start.

Get 2 sets of 53440 Springs

Kevin
kavadni is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
  #9656  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (315)
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,814
Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default

Funny that noone mentioned the LRP Sphere TC for the TA-05, where I race 90% of those on brushless have the Sphere TC and it fits fine in the TA-05. I chose it as it was easier to wire up for brushed than the GTB, and I didn't like the idea of having to solder to the esc as I would have on the Tekin (That was a deal breaker for me!).
nexxus is offline  
Old 09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
  #9657  
Tech Adept
 
little man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at home
Posts: 211
Default

im using the ezrun brushless it is quick but sensorless and tuneable .
same as speed passions and venom units and fit with pleanty of room to spare have a look at one .my motor is the 10.5 (19 super stock) on lipohobbywing.com
little man is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
  #9658  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I like the handling of the Protoform Mazda speed 6 body on my 05, anyone knows which Tamiya body comes close to it?

thanks and cheers!
stocker is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 09:50 AM
  #9659  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

My guess would be the Legacy B4 is the only thing that comes close. That is why it's outlawed at every TCS event. They don't want everybody running the same body...






There is 3 versions, two regular and one lightweight. I think the one labeled version-2 just includes window masks, but who knows...
94eg! is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
  #9660  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 561
Default

Yeah, I used to run the Protoform Mazdaspeed 6 as well, and just changed to the Tamiya B4 Legacy...

Man, the Legacy body is FAST!!! I love it!



- Paulie
pgeldz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.