Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree25Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
  #9556  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kavadni View Post
You can also go for the Tamiya 04 module gears. They are similar size to 64p, but metric.
The standard upgrade for an 05 is a 105T spur, not sure if you will get the ratio you are chasing tho.

Kevin
Thanks for your inputs. I got a 05R, so the stock spur is the 105T already. So I gotta go smaller to get the lower ratios.
stocker is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 10:03 AM
  #9557  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
padailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Just to add when you are figuring out your FDR is that a 56T (64P) pinion is probably as big as you'll be able to use. Bigger than a 56 and you probably won't be able to get to the motor screws. I'm running a 3.5 FDR using 56/87.
padailey is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 10:13 AM
  #9558  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stocker View Post
Thanks for your inputs. I got a 05R, so the stock spur is the 105T already. So I gotta go smaller to get the lower ratios.
Sorry, I didn't read very carefully.

Actually, Just read your original post again. I can confirm the 50 and 51 fit .. the 51 is the absolute limit.
And 50978 gives you both a 96T and a 90T

Kevin
kavadni is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 PM
  #9559  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Can Someone please help me with a good carpet set up for 13.5? Thanks. Please PM me or email it to me.
Interceptor is offline  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM
  #9560  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So from the inputs here, 51T is the pinion limit for 90T and 56T is the limit for 87T? I'll probably go for the 90/96T spur, with my existing 47T, I can get down to 4.3, which is probably good enough for 13.5T, and with 51T, I can get down to 3.97, which is marginal for a 17.5? But if I can fit a 56T with the 90T, I can get down to 3.6!
stocker is offline  
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 AM
  #9561  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

I am finding it very hard to make my wiring look good with the motor in between the esc and other electronics.........so can i please see some pics of wiring in a ta05 but more specifically a 3racing cf chassis?

Regards
Drifting101 is offline  
Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 AM
  #9562  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
Hey guys,

I am finding it very hard to make my wiring look good with the motor in between the esc and other electronics.........so can i please see some pics of wiring in a ta05 but more specifically a 3racing cf chassis?

Regards
Heres my V1 3racing graphite chassis...






hope that helps
tc3team is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 AM
  #9563  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Pls advice me on which 48p pinions/spur to get to the 3.5-4.5 region? Reason is to drive on unprep asphalt, I think using 64p would hasten wear and damage?

thanks!
stocker is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 03:21 PM
  #9564  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (117)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,542
Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,

i have the light weight/reversible suspension upgrade, and well, i bought some aluminum rear hubs and front knuckles from 3racing, and discovered that not only the knuckle wont fit into the lightweight front chub, but also that the driveshaft axle doesnt come out all the way so i can put in the axle pin...anyone run the 3racing rear hubs and front knuckles? i think the upgrade universal axle part for the stock ta05 is part number TAM53499. can anyone confirm this? thanks guys.
Valentin.H is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 PM
  #9565  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stocker View Post
Pls advice me on which 48p pinions/spur to get to the 3.5-4.5 region? Reason is to drive on unprep asphalt, I think using 64p would hasten wear and damage?

thanks!
72T spur
46T pinion = 3.52
36T pinion = 4.5
AreCee is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:19 PM
  #9566  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (315)
 
nexxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,813
Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)
Default

Hey all am looking at a racing return, have a TA05 IFSR is it worth going the IFS suspension or should I convert back (ie shock tower and mount) to the TA05 set up which I am more used to.

Also can I fit a Mamba Max ESC in here? I have a Futaba 9551 servo (low profile) and enough room to fit my receiver behind the motor (Spektrum SRM3100)
nexxus is offline  
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
  #9567  
Tech Adept
 
little man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: at home
Posts: 211
Default

instead of worrying about your final drive so much try and use roll out instead here is the formula for it
pinion/spur *internal drive ratio /tire diameter
i run a 10.5 turn brushless at 33 mm roll out and have power when i need it
my gearing is 48pt
pinion 27t
spur 72t
internal drive is2.25 up front and 2.18 down back(used a pulley from tao4 35 tooth not 36
72/27=2.66*2.25=6.0
tire diameter is 64mm*3.14=200.96
200.96/6=33.49 mm roll out
if you need to add weight place it in the centre line under the belts ,
little man is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 03:30 AM
  #9568  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by little man View Post
instead of worrying about your final drive so much try and use roll out instead here is the formula for it
pinion/spur *internal drive ratio /tire diameter
i run a 10.5 turn brushless at 33 mm roll out and have power when i need it
my gearing is 48pt
pinion 27t
spur 72t
internal drive is2.25 up front and 2.18 down back(used a pulley from tao4 35 tooth not 36
72/27=2.66*2.25=6.0
tire diameter is 64mm*3.14=200.96
200.96/6=33.49 mm roll out
if you need to add weight place it in the centre line under the belts ,
I've never thought in terms of rollout before, what advantages does it have?

Kevin
kavadni is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 AM
  #9569  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kavadni View Post
I've never thought in terms of rollout before, what advantages does it have?

Kevin
Absolutely no advantages if you use rubber tires.

Rollout is used when you race on foam tires that will have varying diameters as you true them and as they wear out. Rubber tires remain constant in diameter so all you need to do is calculate the FDR and you're in the ballpark.
AreCee is offline  
Old 08-21-2008, 07:12 AM
  #9570  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
kavadni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Absolutely no advantages if you use rubber tires.

Rollout is used when you race on foam tires that will have varying diameters as you true them and as they wear out. Rubber tires remain constant in diameter so all you need to do is calculate the FDR and you're in the ballpark.
Thanks, got it
kavadni is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.