Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree25Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
  #9376  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

7.5 would be 21T with 70T spur, or if you have the 05R, 31T with 105T spur will give you 7.62, and 32T will give you 7.38.
stocker is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 AM
  #9377  
DJ
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by stocker View Post
7.5 would be 21T with 70T spur, or if you have the 05R, 31T with 105T spur will give you 7.62, and 32T will give you 7.38.
hi thanks your suggestion been noted

another question , is it worth it to convert my TA-05 to TA-05 IFS?
or upgrade my TA-05 as it is? (bling bling factors)
DJ is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:10 AM
  #9378  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stocker View Post
Hmmm, the TA-05R is "discontinued" ?!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49418
That just means they are out of stock...
94eg! is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 10:47 AM
  #9379  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
Hi guys, newbie here

What combo of SPUR and PINION GEAR can you suggest in brush 23t motor for my TA05? Im using NIMH bat.

thanks in advance to all
Hi Dj,

On a small, tight carpet track we used to mount 32-34t pinion depending on the track. On a large carpet rack 33-35t pinion will be a good choice.
On asphalt we used to mount 36-40t pinion depending on the size of the track. Mostly I prefer 37-38t.
We use 105t spur.
These ratios are only good for the Tamiya TZ/RZ.

ciao
bviktor is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 AM
  #9380  
Tech Addict
 
academygaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 729
Default

Quick Q, the 05R comes with a ''53857 04 GP Spur Gear 105T'', is that another name for 64dp?
academygaz is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:35 PM
  #9381  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
Quick Q, the 05R comes with a ''53857 04 GP Spur Gear 105T'', is that another name for 64dp?
Hi,

Not exactly. Tamiya has own gear moduls, but the modul 04 is very similar to 64dp. So you can combine the Tamiya 04 modul gears with 64dp gears. I use titanium racing 64dp pinions with the 105t spur.

ciao
bviktor is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 02:24 PM
  #9382  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

You would do better to just install a 64-pitch spur (or order some Tamiya 0.4-module pinions)...

This pic shows you module vs. pitch. They are not interchangeable (metric vs imperial)...

94eg! is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 06:27 PM
  #9383  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
hi thanks your suggestion been noted

another question , is it worth it to convert my TA-05 to TA-05 IFS?
or upgrade my TA-05 as it is? (bling bling factors)
Only if you desire to use a body that has a low front profile where a standard shock tower doesn't fit. Tamiya has three or four bodies and PTI has two.
AreCee is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 07:45 PM
  #9384  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Anynoe uses the Tamiya NSX body for their 05 or 05R? Is there significant difference between a "lightweight" and regular body?
stocker is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
  #9385  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Stocker there is a weight difference you can feel without using a scale, they are a little fragile when it comes to taking impacts especially if the body has plenty of detail in front.
Skitee is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 02:44 AM
  #9386  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks! Good information there.

How would one change the FDR for drifting on low grip (smooth or tiled surface) and high grip (asphalt)?
stocker is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 AM
  #9387  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Depending on the type of drift tires you're using ofcourse...

You could possibly use the same FDR on both surfaces, however if your drift tires are generating some grip on the asphalt then you'll want to run a higher FDR(HIGHER NUMBER) by using a slightly smaller pinion which will allow the drivetrain to spool up faster and break traction more easily.
Skitee is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 05:10 AM
  #9388  
DJ
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by bviktor View Post
Hi Dj,

On a small, tight carpet track we used to mount 32-34t pinion depending on the track. On a large carpet rack 33-35t pinion will be a good choice.
On asphalt we used to mount 36-40t pinion depending on the size of the track. Mostly I prefer 37-38t.
We use 105t spur.
These ratios are only good for the Tamiya TZ/RZ.

ciao

thanks for that number of pinion i can surely get 1 that can fit to my style
DJ is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 05:15 AM
  #9389  
DJ
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Only if you desire to use a body that has a low front profile where a standard shock tower doesn't fit. Tamiya has three or four bodies and PTI has two.
meaning, its only body thats count on shifting my TA05 to TA05IFS, and not much diff in performance.

thanks
DJ is offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 05:25 AM
  #9390  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
thanks for that number of pinion i can surely get 1 that can fit to my style
I am absolutely sure that 1 pinion is not enough. If you want to save money you should buy min. 33-37T.

ciao
bviktor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.