R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 08-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #901
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Arms are available seperately. I'm running 46mm swingshafts on mine with no problems.
If your running 46mm swingshafts are you also using the LW arms? I just thought for you to use the LW you need to be using the 50mm or the F201's, Please enlighten, so I know what to buy.

TNX
Old 08-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #902
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
If your running 46mm swingshafts are you also using the LW arms? I just thought for you to use the LW you need to be using the 50mm or the F201's, Please enlighten, so I know what to buy.

TNX
You can use the 46mm shafts with the LW, it will work, but under a hard hit it _may_ pop out being a little closer to the edge of the cup.. 48mm shafts are recommended (50mm must be a typo in their original statement a while back) to keep it in the outdrive at all (or most) times.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #903
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
You can use the 46mm shafts with the LW, it will work, but under a hard hit it _may_ pop out being a little closer to the edge of the cup.. 48mm shafts are recommended (50mm must be a typo in their original statement a while back) to keep it in the outdrive at all (or most) times.
But what if I'm not going to use a LW then I guess the 46mm will not pop out cuz prolly the stock arms are shorter, And if I decide to use a LW then 48mm it is, do you have the part # for this?

TNX
Old 08-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #904
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
But what if I'm not going to use a LW then I guess the 46mm will not pop out cuz prolly the stock arms are shorter, And if I decide to use a LW then 48mm it is, do you have the part # for this?

TNX
Yup, 46mm are fine for the regular suspension. They seat in very far into the cups, be it the diff or one-way.
If you want to stick with the 46mm with LW, you can also buy the X series of suspension blocks, as they'll mount the arms a little closer to the chassis.

48mm Swing Shafts for Assembly Universal Shaft Set - Item No.53836
Only comes with the shafts, you'll need the other parts from another kit, such as the 46mm
Old 08-06-2005, 02:05 AM   #905
Tech Rookie

Hello , wich suspension blocks use instead of the original plastic parts. i use original suspension .
Caution , for those who buy tech racing lower mount top deck , you can't use it with tamiya aluminium transpondeur mount ( or you need to cut one side of the carbon deck) jean-michel
losi100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:39 AM   #906
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
If you want to stick with the 46mm with LW, you can also buy the X series of suspension blocks, as they'll mount the arms a little closer to the chassis.
This getting more complicated everytime,Jam-ehz is the x series susp. blocks listed in the hop-ups portion of the TA05 manual , cuz I hate to ask for the Part# everytime I would need it, anyways just in case its not there can you post it too.

TNX
Old 08-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #907
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cheetae here is a great reference for hop-ups and part #'s

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/cat...p?sub-id=72000

You can look up all of the suspension blocks along with the upcoming hop-ups too.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #908
Tech Adept

I just bought a TA05 Mercedes a couple of days ago north of Toronto (Pinnacle Hobbies), so they are "here" in North America right now.
MobileIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #909
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Clarification please?

1. If I'm going to use the lighweight suspension set for the TA05, I have to use only the XA,XB,XC, and XD blocks in order to use the 46mm swing shafts?

2. If I want to use the the X,A,B,C and D blocks which came with the original TRF 415, I will have to use the 48mm swing shafts? If yes, can I use the F201 swing shafts instead?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #910
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Clarification please?

1. If I'm going to use the lighweight suspension set for the TA05, I have to use only the XA,XB,XC, and XD blocks in order to use the 46mm swing shafts?

2. If I want to use the the X,A,B,C and D blocks which came with the original TRF 415, I will have to use the 48mm swing shafts? If yes, can I use the F201 swing shafts instead?

Thanks.
1. yes
2. not really. to be safe.. use the 48mm. i used the 46mm with X through D blocks with 46mm swing shafts and it was fine.

Dan Garber... please call me when you have a chance (lost your number)
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:41 PM   #911
Tech Fanatic

Hebiki : thanks. . . would you happen to have a good starting setup for carpet with rubber tires (tamiya type a).
Old 08-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #912
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well ran my fully hopped up TA05. It's a porker! But I will say I'm already on pace with it compared to my Yokomo BD and EvoIV. I'm about 3 seconds off my fastest time. Car was nice and smooth. And it seemed to have good steering and corner speed. Gonna work with it some more tomorrow as I go to another track to race.

One problem I do seem to have is chassis tweak. It's kinda hard for me to set droop because of this. I'll have to mess around and find a different way to measure this.

Anyways, off to bed. So far I like the car alot! I'll be leaving my Yokomo at home tomorrow and give this car a good shake down!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:58 AM   #913
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Hebiki : thanks. . . would you happen to have a good starting setup for carpet with rubber tires (tamiya type a).
sorry dude. the closest carpet track to me is 420 miles.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:09 AM   #914
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilRuf
Well ran my fully hopped up TA05. It's a porker! But I will say I'm already on pace with it compared to my Yokomo BD and EvoIV. I'm about 3 seconds off my fastest time. Car was nice and smooth. And it seemed to have good steering and corner speed. Gonna work with it some more tomorrow as I go to another track to race.

One problem I do seem to have is chassis tweak. It's kinda hard for me to set droop because of this. I'll have to mess around and find a different way to measure this.

Anyways, off to bed. So far I like the car alot! I'll be leaving my Yokomo at home tomorrow and give this car a good shake down!
Its funny how people keep saying its heavy with options installed, a mate of mine just built his, with all tamiya options, and all tech components, his car was 1518 grams, with a weight limit of 1500 i think thats pretty impressive.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:44 AM   #915
Tech Fanatic

Hebiki : thanks again dude!!!

Waht would be the best lighweight set to buy for the TA05?

1. TA04/TB02 Lighweight Suspension Set
or
2. TRF 415/TB Evo III Lighweight Suspension Set