R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #9121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
hey guys, besides having options for some cooler looking bodies, wher are the benefits of having the OFS conversion on the ta05?
IFS will lower the CG and drop a few grams.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #9122
Tech Master

Anyone has their TA05 fitted with LiPO orion 3200 or 4300 ???? will they fit directly without modification on TA05???
Old 03-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #9123
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAG_ON View Post
Anyone has their TA05 fitted with LiPO orion 3200 or 4300 ???? will they fit directly without modification on TA05???
3200, 3600 and 4800 orion lipos fit with no modifications.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 AM   #9124
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
3200, 3600 and 4800 orion lipos fit with no modifications.
I run the 4800's with no problems. I did add the EZ Lipo side weight on the bottom.

(You can get this here http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html) This helps balance and gets the car up to weight. Also it levels out the battery since the sides of the battery slots come up and the pack will not always sit flat. The other thing I did is add 2 7g weights on the outside of the pack to keep it from shifting left and right any. It is in there nice and snug. Oh last thing is I am using the Team Associated thumb screws for the battery. Since I use this car for Trans Am class as well this helps a TON since the height of the 2 packs is a lot different.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-lipo.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05-lipo2.jpg  

Last edited by Travis S; 03-25-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #9125
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, I know this is primarily a race oriented website but I have a non-racing question I think you could give me some advice on. I don't race, but I have some fairly good size parking lots at my disposal that I run onroad cars from time to time. Having just got back into the hobby after a 6-8 month absence I have just a M03-M right now. I had a TA05 F430 kit when they first came out and that worked out really well. The 50 times or so that I ran it I never fouled a single belt or pulley despite the parking lots being far less than "prepped". So before anyone tells me to get a shaft car, I don't want one. The TA05 was the first belt car I ever had and it was so smooth and quiet I was sold on it.

I had thought about getting a cyclone "S" just for something different as I have had Tamiya cars/trucks almost exclusively for the last 20 years. If I should decide to go with the TA05, it looks like for $100 more I could get the TA05-R which I think lacks the motor, wheels, tires, and body? Which I guess by the time I buy that stuff makes for a good $165 difference. Even though I don't have any tracks around here to race, I do take my "play" seriously and normally buy higher end RC stuff when I can afford it. Do you think I should go with the R version? From having my other TA05 I can see where even though I don't race I could benefit from many of the goodies of the R. This car won't be bashed in the sense of beating the snot out of it. I mostly just run laps in a big oval in the vacant parking lots and once in awhile set up a makeshift coarse and run with a buddy or 2.

Thanks,
Eric
eric7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:44 AM   #9126
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i got my new universal drive shafts and along with a front spool got it all installed and running, but i have a question.

with the front spool installed, rolling the chassis with the wheels doesn't appear as smooth as what it was with just the front diff....would it be normal with the spool to not be as 'free' and have some binding, or have I got a problem that needs to be looked at further?.
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #9127
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Perhaps the belt tension, or shimming is now too tight. You should double check them. It should roll just as free until you start a turn. Make sure your belt slop is the same front & rear as the new pulley may be a slightly different shape, and make sure you have just a tiny tiny amount of side to side play in the spool. And you may as well clean those big bearings while you have the front end apart...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #9128
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7 View Post
Hi guys, I know this is primarily a race oriented website but I have a non-racing question I think you could give me some advice on. I don't race, but I have some fairly good size parking lots at my disposal that I run onroad cars from time to time. Having just got back into the hobby after a 6-8 month absence I have just a M03-M right now. I had a TA05 F430 kit when they first came out and that worked out really well. The 50 times or so that I ran it I never fouled a single belt or pulley despite the parking lots being far less than "prepped". So before anyone tells me to get a shaft car, I don't want one. The TA05 was the first belt car I ever had and it was so smooth and quiet I was sold on it.

I had thought about getting a cyclone "S" just for something different as I have had Tamiya cars/trucks almost exclusively for the last 20 years. If I should decide to go with the TA05, it looks like for $100 more I could get the TA05-R which I think lacks the motor, wheels, tires, and body? Which I guess by the time I buy that stuff makes for a good $165 difference. Even though I don't have any tracks around here to race, I do take my "play" seriously and normally buy higher end RC stuff when I can afford it. Do you think I should go with the R version? From having my other TA05 I can see where even though I don't race I could benefit from many of the goodies of the R. This car won't be bashed in the sense of beating the snot out of it. I mostly just run laps in a big oval in the vacant parking lots and once in awhile set up a makeshift coarse and run with a buddy or 2.

Thanks,
Eric
get the R eric!! Its much more car for the buck!!
I was planning to get one until i get the 416 later this year.
but a new project has risen so the R isnt happening for me now
Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #9129
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7 View Post

Thanks,
Eric

the r will be much better for you in the long run. i wish i had gotten the R when i first bought my ta05.
2 x GB01 Tamtechs
Custom solid axle SC
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #9130
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
Yo guys, are there any fitment issues with a standard TA05 oneway on a TA05R?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Nope,
Only difference is the pulleys. 05R comes with wide pitch pulleys.
Standard Oneway hop-up comes with the standard pulley.
You can upgrade the pulley to the wide pitch if needed.
Dave
Do you mean that the wide pitch pully that comes with the TA05-R will fit on the standard one-way? Or do you mean that there is a wide pitch pulley available separately for the one-way because the R version wide pitch won't fit it?

I am looking to fit one of these as well...

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #9131
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
Do you mean that the wide pitch pully that comes with the TA05-R will fit on the standard one-way? Or do you mean that there is a wide pitch pulley available separately for the one-way because the R version wide pitch won't fit it?

I am looking to fit one of these as well...

- Paulie
TA05R comes with dual ball differential front and rear ---to be able to use one way you need to buy wide pitch pulley for 1 way -- the middle hole is much bigger than the ball diff pulley. therefore the wide pitch pulley that included in TA05R can not be use for one way....
Old 03-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #9132
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
where can i buy these spur gears? will any 64 pitch go on it?
You can buy these gears at any hobby shop and yes any 64 pitch will go on. they're pretty well fit any car. Hope this helps.
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #9133
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

For the one-way, you will have to buy the wide pitch pulley separately. The R doesn't come with a one-way pulley..

BTW: The standard pulley that comes with the one-way will work just fine on your R...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #9134
Tech Addict

I ran my normal one-way pulley with my 05R and did not have any issues, but I have the wide-pitch one on the way.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #9135
Tech Adept

i know thie question has been asked before but i can't find it,if someone knows the page # let me know.anyway what is a good gear ratio for my 05r,i am running stock 13.5 trininty duo motor,stock car with spool up front .
fred71 is offline   Reply With Quote