Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree25Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
  #8341  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,936
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

has anybody tried these in the tao5R yet?
i would have if i could only find a store in the US that is currently carrying 05 parts! I have looked everywhere and nobody has any parts in stock! does anybody know where i can find some parts?
macnkitty2002 is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 04:44 PM
  #8342  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002 View Post
i would have if i could only find a store in the US that is currently carrying 05 parts! I have looked everywhere and nobody has any parts in stock! does anybody know where i can find some parts?
http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm
or8ital is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 04:58 PM
  #8343  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
bigb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: POUGHKEEPSIE,NY
Posts: 3,156
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002 View Post
i would have if i could only find a store in the US that is currently carrying 05 parts! I have looked everywhere and nobody has any parts in stock! does anybody know where i can find some parts?
i found them on ebay. i would like to make this my carpet car.
bigb11 is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
  #8344  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002 View Post
i would have if i could only find a store in the US that is currently carrying 05 parts! I have looked everywhere and nobody has any parts in stock! does anybody know where i can find some parts?
What parts are you looking for. I'm in Seattle and we have many. PM me your list I can let you know what we have.
tamiyarcracer is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
  #8345  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
macnkitty2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,936
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

can i just order from somewhere overseas like RC Mushroom, pay less on the items but pay more on the shipping? will that not cancel out?
macnkitty2002 is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM
  #8346  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,640
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default M-03 gears!

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002 View Post
can i just order from somewhere overseas like RC Mushroom, pay less on the items but pay more on the shipping? will that not cancel out?
HeyTroy,
Do you have any M-03 gears in Seattle. The one that the pinion rides on is missing a few teeth after one day of running! Nobody here in So. Cal. has any, not even Gyro's where Deven works!
Help!
Max
maxepower is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
  #8347  
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
HeyTroy,
Do you have any M-03 gears in Seattle. The one that the pinion rides on is missing a few teeth after one day of running! Nobody here in So. Cal. has any, not even Gyro's where Deven works!
Help!
Max
I will find out tomorrow
tamiyarcracer is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
  #8348  
Registered User
 
asil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Istanbul, TURKEY
Posts: 281
Default

speedtechrc has 05 parts.. I bought some recently..



Asil
asil is offline  
Old 09-18-2007, 11:50 PM
  #8349  
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Default

Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
has anybody tried these in the tao5R yet?
i was supposed to buy it the other day but i'm still reluctant because of the price and you have to buy two of those to complete the front and the rear just not yet sure if that aluminum bulkhead is for performance or for bling only
buboy28 is offline  
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 AM
  #8350  
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Those bulkheads will add heft to your car, don't forget. I don't know if the extra rigidity is worth that cost (the added weight) when using a tub chassis. For my TA05, I bought the 3Racing aluminum bulkheads a while back for ~$20 each. I didn't buy them for rigidity however, but rather for the ease of maintanence. The two piece upper bulkhead makes it much easier to take diffs out and put them back in.
HI_808 is offline  
Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 AM
  #8351  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: victoria BC
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I need major help here. My wife was building her TA 05R. (of course I'm helping her with the diffs and links.) Well an accident happened, she lost one of the metal bearing in the steering rack. I know it's an 850 size. what size would this be in normal __X__ size. I would like to replace these with proper bearing any how. any help would be great.
cyrrus is offline  
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 AM
  #8352  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002 View Post
thanks for the help tc3team. i run on a technical parking lot track using CS27s and a CO27. i guess my best bet would be to use a spool. where can i get one here in the states?
Sounds like the spool would be a good idea, ive used a tighter set diff with fairly good sucess, just dont overtighten it or you could snap an outdrive.

Im in the uk, so im not really sure about places in the usa

I use rc mart sometimes and I hear precision rc is good too if your looking for an online shop instead
tc3team is offline  
Old 09-19-2007, 12:46 AM
  #8353  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Turbo Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 4,878
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cyrrus View Post
Hey guys, I need major help here. My wife was building her TA 05R. (of course I'm helping her with the diffs and links.) Well an accident happened, she lost one of the metal bearing in the steering rack. I know it's an 850 size. what size would this be in normal __X__ size. I would like to replace these with proper bearing any how. any help would be great.
"850" is 5X8.
Turbo Joe is offline  
Old 09-19-2007, 02:48 AM
  #8354  
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Default

Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
Those bulkheads will add heft to your car, don't forget. I don't know if the extra rigidity is worth that cost (the added weight) when using a tub chassis. For my TA05, I bought the 3Racing aluminum bulkheads a while back for ~$20 each. I didn't buy them for rigidity however, but rather for the ease of maintanence. The two piece upper bulkhead makes it much easier to take diffs out and put them back in.
the price of the 3racing aluminum bulkhead is just right Tamiya's aluminum bulkhead is selling here with our LHS is around US $60 to $65
buboy28 is offline  
Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 AM
  #8355  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: victoria BC
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

turbo thanks .
cyrrus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.