R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #8071
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the help, I think I sussed the diff problem...I tightened the rear diff up a bit and the car actually moves forward when I roll the spur now!

Edit: I think I got the glitch fixed as well, the initial solder on the motor was really bad...I was having trouble with it as I mentioned before. Whooo!!

Thanks for all the help gents

Last edited by Frost99999; 07-11-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Frost99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #8072
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

Hey Xanavi…R34, if your kit is the box stock TA05 I would seriously consider upgrading to the CF shock towers, don't forget about the spacers to go with them in case you want to modify your wheelbase.
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #8073
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Parts Help (for anyone)

Hi Everyone.
Ive been running a TA05 for a couple of months now and found out what a great car they are.

Before this I run a Xray T2, until a TA05 came to our track and broke the track record with a nearly stock TA05.

One thing Ive found is finding out what parts fit the Tamiya is a right pain because one part is often used on 4 different models so is only labeled for one car and it doesnt tell you what its for.

Xray has one part for that car and a description that tells you what it does, so easy.

So I started putting this list together and thought I might pass it on.
Also ive got more parts to add to it later.

Any questions let me know.

Ohh youll need to unzip it and open it up in a browser.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TA05 Parts.zip (4.9 KB, 104 views)
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #8074
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

Nice list but there are so many parts and many different combinations they can be used. With the TA05 and many of the other Tamiya 1/10 scale touring cars, your going to find that there alot more parts that can interchanged between the different models.
I'm thinking Tamiya is one of the only touring cars manufacturers that such a nice wide variety of parts to choice from to get the right combination that works for driving needs & tastes.
Good luck and enjoy your TA05.
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #8075
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Blue_VB_SL253

Im just wondering which carbon shock towers are better 3racing or yeah racing? As i wont to buy a set, tho just wondering what is better.

Thanks in advance Justin
Blue_VB_SL253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #8076
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

guys,

does anyone already have the new TA-05 IFS? that new inboard front suspension system seems intriguing...

but i want to know, does the new chassis have a better advantage, handling-wise over the original version TA-05?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #8077
Tech Initiate

I keep getting little parking lot pebbles in my center pulley assembly and the plastic teeth get chewed up intantly. Does anyone know of an aluminum center pulley set for the TA05? I could machine my own but I'd honestly rather just pay the $20.00 or so. Thanks,
Jim
Jpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #8078
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

nevermind
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #8079
Tech Initiate

C'mon Joe, you don't ever seem to be short of breath!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #8080
Tech Regular

Tom,

The ifs front suspension, among the obvious it lowers the cg and allows a body with a lower hood profile. further, rear lay down shocks would be preferred but there may not be enough room.

Also I've been told by a rc chassis bulder that the side to side suspension reaction should help the cars accelerate out to the corners. he also said after testing the car was faster with this set up. There is a reason the full size race cars have these. but it is probably to fit the long shocks along with the over flow chambers. the higher volume of oil will keep temps down. in rc we only race for 5 minutes so the need for cooling would be moot.

the fulcrum ratio can also give you another area for tuning. instead of compressing the springs down with the threaded ring. different vulcrum ratios can accomplish this w/o compressing the springs. I don't believe that this is done w/the tamiy ifs.

the above is just my theories on the ifs front suspension. I know that when my f201 was brand new, i could turn inside turing cars, and the car carried it speed thru the turn very well. after the motor melted the chassis and I got clobbered from the rear, the car never ran the same so I decided to shelf it.

however I am looking forward to trying out the new tamiya ifs.
hopefull next year there will be a new tamiya racing venue somewhere locally to test the new car.

later
wn
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #8081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpelosi View Post
C'mon Joe, you don't ever seem to be short of breath!
I was more thinking it was a pinion/spur deal, but then I wasn't sure if you were talking about that or the center drive pulley.

So rather than get it wrong when I was going to suggest you use 48p stuff, I just deleted it. It wasn't that I didn't have anything to say...
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:50 AM   #8082
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_VB_SL253 View Post
Im just wondering which carbon shock towers are better 3racing or yeah racing? As i wont to buy a set, tho just wondering what is better.

Thanks in advance Justin
Got the 3racing chassis conversion and shock towers for my car, had no problems with either

Got myself a yeah racing battery jig to make up some packs and it wasnt very good quality (didnt keep the cells in place,big gaps!) but I don't know about their shock towers and other parts.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #8083
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
I was more thinking it was a pinion/spur deal, but then I wasn't sure if you were talking about that or the center drive pulley.

So rather than get it wrong when I was going to suggest you use 48p stuff, I just deleted it. It wasn't that I didn't have anything to say...
I've caught myself on the wrong street before also. BTW I already use 48 pitch. It's just more practical for me.
Jim
Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 AM   #8084
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Blue_VB_SL253

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Got the 3racing chassis conversion and shock towers for my car, had no problems with either

Got myself a yeah racing battery jig to make up some packs and it wasnt very good quality (didnt keep the cells in place,big gaps!) but I don't know about their shock towers and other parts.
Ok thanks mate, im going to be lashing out a bit of cash in the next few weeks to bling my car up and ill be going with 3racing products
Blue_VB_SL253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:45 AM   #8085
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_VB_SL253 View Post
Ok thanks mate, im going to be lashing out a bit of cash in the next few weeks to bling my car up and ill be going with 3racing products
No problem I have the graphite (silver) towers and chassis but the carbon items hold up just as well

You wont regret it for the cost or performance! The chassis and shock towers really transform the car. Sooooooo much less chassis flex.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote