R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #7951
Tech Adept
 
Myker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bay Farm Island
Posts: 95
Send a message via AIM to Myker*
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
totaly incorrect, although they are very VERY similar, Tamiya supply .4module pitch gears with the TA05R, which is obviosly METRIC. 64dp is an imperial measurement, they are not they same, not to be confused as the same either. You run either one or the other, never a mix.
sorry, but i was referring to .04 as being called 64 metric, just like you would see in this tower description for .06 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEX46&P=7
__________________
Tamiya Racing Factory
Myker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #7952
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

I am having problems with the 49.7mm Titanium Coated Suspension shaft, it looks like that it does not take a small impact at all, however, the stock suspension shaft seems to be stronger. Do anyone have this problem?
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #7953
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12
Default

Had the same problems with the Titanium coated pins aswell. Not bent a steel one yet
davetamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #7954
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myker* View Post
sorry, but i was referring to .04 as being called 64 metric, just like you would see in this tower description for .06 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEX46&P=7
What an awefull description... thats like saying a 3mm 12mm length machined screw is a metric 4-40 1/2, it isn't, it will never be and is wrong..... The pinion on display is a .5Module and although you can get away with running 48dp, it will munch your spur gear.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #7955
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
totaly incorrect, although they are very VERY similar, Tamiya supply .4module pitch gears with the TA05R, which is obviosly METRIC. 64dp is an imperial measurement, they are not they same, not to be confused as the same either. You run either one or the other, never a mix.
As far as im aware in the uk Tamiya series most of us run 64dp pinions with tha tamiya .04pitch. I have been since ive had the car and not had a problem. From what ive been told the difference is very minimal
davetamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #7956
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetamiya View Post
Had the same problems with the Titanium coated pins aswell. Not bent a steel one yet
Thanks for your input! I will use the steel ones from now on.
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #7957
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
totaly incorrect, although they are very VERY similar, Tamiya supply .4module pitch gears with the TA05R, which is obviosly METRIC. 64dp is an imperial measurement, they are not they same, not to be confused as the same either. You run either one or the other, never a mix.
I have to agree....they are very very very very very very close...but if you do have the Tamiya 0.4 pitch 22T pinion (just a example), use it and mount it onto the TA05R stock 0.4 pitch 105T spur (I believe the box stock one is 105 and not 104...)..then roll the car, listen and feel the motor spinning (brushless motor with stock bonded rotor is the best to feel/listen)...then compare the 0.4 pitch pinion with a 64 Pitch 22T pinion........you can find out the Tamiya 0.4 pitch is ALOT better fit then 64P...

I would not recommand use 64P (unless it is necessary) pinion and use the Tamiya 0.4 Pitch spur....it damaged my F103GT 0.4 pitch spur on the recent TCS race within 30 minutes of run time.

On my TA05R...I replaced the Tamiya 0.4 pitch spur and use 64P 108T (the biggest that you can use on TA05R)....then use all the 64P pinion that you can easily find in USA and LHS....problem solved.

On the recent outdoor rubber stock racing....I was using 28t/108T Trinity CO27 motor....had faster race time (5 minutes) then brushless modified car...

Yes...the TA05R suspension drive pins are HORRIBLE...mine bent UPWARD (ended up anti-dive on 1 side...WEIRD)....I ended up cutting some NTC3 shaft, some cheap steel material....wacked several times, not a single problem (Serpent 3mm shaft works too....even stronger).
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #7958
Tech Regular
 
TMHippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hi All

I need a recommendation for a replacement bumper. The stock bumper is not cutting it with my two sons, lots of broken suspensions parts

Thanks Rodney
TMHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #7959
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHippo View Post
Hi All

I need a recommendation for a replacement bumper. The stock bumper is not cutting it with my two sons, lots of broken suspensions parts

Thanks Rodney
PDub bumper. pdubracing.com and speedtechrc.com carries them.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #7960
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 162
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Solara: you are right, it is a 105 tooth spur.

I just bought these:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTG10&P=7
Frost99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #7961
Tech Adept
 
Double Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
On my TA05R...I replaced the Tamiya 0.4 pitch spur and use 64P 108T (the biggest that you can use on TA05R)....then use all the 64P pinion that you can easily find in USA and LHS....problem solved.

On the recent outdoor rubber stock racing....I was using 28t/108T Trinity CO27 motor....had faster race time (5 minutes) then brushless modified car...
Is this the 108t 64p gear you used? If not, anyone know if the Robinson type ones mate up (hole position, center diameter) to the Tamiya center shaft and pulley?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXEZ13&P=K
Double Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #7962
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Yes...the TA05R suspension drive pins are HORRIBLE...mine bent UPWARD (ended up anti-dive on 1 side...WEIRD)....I ended up cutting some NTC3 shaft, some cheap steel material....wacked several times, not a single problem (Serpent 3mm shaft works too....even stronger).
One time I got rear anti-squat
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #7963
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Quattro View Post
Is this the 108t 64p gear you used? If not, anyone know if the Robinson type ones mate up (hole position, center diameter) to the Tamiya center shaft and pulley?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXEZ13&P=K

Speedtechrc.com has a line of spurs and pinions made by Xenon. Those are the ones I use
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #7964
Tech Initiate
 
Jpelosi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
Default

The Robinson spurs fit perfectly on the TA05. They are by far the best spurs that I've ever used. I race outdoors so I like to use 48 pitch, plus that's what I use on my off road cars and it's nice to be able to use the pinions and spurs that I already have and will have on any of my cars.
Jim
Jpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #7965
Tech Initiate
 
Blue_VB_SL253's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 29
Send a message via MSN to Blue_VB_SL253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpelosi View Post
The Robinson spurs fit perfectly on the TA05. They are by far the best spurs that I've ever used. I race outdoors so I like to use 48 pitch, plus that's what I use on my off road cars and it's nice to be able to use the pinions and spurs that I already have and will have on any of my cars.
Jim
Will the Robinson spurs have clearance in the normal Tub chassis? As iam looking into buying a Robinson spur and pinions?

Edit: This is a picture of my car.

Last edited by Blue_VB_SL253; 07-03-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Blue_VB_SL253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net