Like Tree2Likes

Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #7861
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Quattro View Post
$165 shipped and it got here FAST!!!!
http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rc-rainbow/index.html
Wow! This kawada conversion kit in on the pricey side. I hope it worth the money to get it. Actually I just got my 3Racing conversion kit last month. Only after I saw this kawada conversion which strike my attention to get another.

Do let us know how well this conversion kit does.
-KilleR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #7862
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsyrc View Post
This may sound like a dumb question , but what are the advantages of the kit? Is it a lot lighter? More rigid? Lower center of gravity? Less static? More durable?

It sure looks nice though. I'm sure it's worth doing just for looks!

I'm not questioning why do it, I honestly would just like to know why it's better.

tom
It does lighten the car at least 60 grams. More stiff I would say and no static problem or whatsoever. Durable not really as compared to tub. Don't quote me as this is my own personal experience.

Btw, I'm using 3Racing conversion kit.
-KilleR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 AM   #7863
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can someone post the part number(s) needed for the TA05R plastic diff outdrives?

I'm at work and need to order them but don't have a manual handy...

Thanks.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #7864
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Can someone post the part number(s) needed for the TA05R plastic diff outdrives?

Thanks.
Double Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #7865
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post

Thanks.
Try 53919 TA05 Alum Diff Joint Use to replace kit-included diff joint with durable and lightweight aluminum part. Plastic swing shaft protector reduces friction and abrasion damage to prolong working life. Worn out protector can be replaced with Item 53890 Swing Shaft Protector.

Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #7866
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note that we now offer Titanium screw kit for the TA05R Listed in the TA05 hop-up section.

Those of you running TCS regionals end of this month, tires, rims, and inserts are available now

Steve Wang
Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 AM   #7867
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Has anyone tried a spool up front, with a centre 1 way? Just wondering what the handling would be like Im guessing the car would dive pretty damn deep into corners. I am getting used to the centre one way nicely now though
Anyone? Im guessing its an unusual combination to experiment with and no ones tried it

...Or maybe its a very useful tuning aid no one has ventured out with?

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #7868
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A spool is normaly used as it makes braking stable and the car easier to drive, not to sure why you would look at a centre one-way though, as that would take away from the braking stability, a would end up acting like a front one-way.

A centre one-way normaly gets run with a diff, so you have a diff action under acceleration but the centre one-way for the free
er drivetrain.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:03 AM   #7869
Tech Initiate

I noticed Tech Racing made a "slipper diff." I know it has something to do with drifting. Could anyone give me an insight on it? What does it do or how does it work?

I built my TA05 with intentions to drift (ABS tires) but for some odd reason I can't get it to bite the road. My TL01 and TA03 drifts way faster with cleaner angles.
gerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #7870
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
A spool is normaly used as it makes braking stable and the car easier to drive, not to sure why you would look at a centre one-way though, as that would take away from the braking stability, a would end up acting like a front one-way.

A centre one-way normaly gets run with a diff, so you have a diff action under acceleration but the centre one-way for the free
er drivetrain.
Thanks, I always wondered why i'd never seen the two used together, never used a one way or spool until I got the ta05

Old 06-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #7871
Tech Rookie

ive heard of some ppl using centre oneway and putting the spool in the rear. mayb u can try that if your into that sort of thing
WakattE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #7872
Tech Champion

Thanks for the input, but i'm going to focus more on getting a good racing line for now, I was more curious than anything to see if that combo was used frequently, and if so, what for.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #7873
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default centre one way

I've ran a centre one way in my car since January. Ran it with a diff up front with foams on carpet and it worked pretty well. Tried it on asphalt, but went to a one way up front as well as in the centre, this has been great for me. I don't use a whole lot of brakes so once I got my droop setup the car has been quite stable. I'll probably try the front one way with foams on carpet this winter just to see what its like.
cutwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #7874
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm running on small asphalt track, always run front diff as it allow me to brake and turn at the same time, much more aggressive than 1way, which if you brake-turn, you spin.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #7875
Tech Elite

Thought I would quickly share the new way I am fitting the TRF shocks to the car.

After a few concerns about the softness of the Tamiya blue alloy ball ends, and the fact that as you pop them on and off the shock fittings get stretched and damaged, I have gone for what I would describe as ball collars made by Kawada.

The part number is AJ4802N and they are available to UK retailers through Much-More Racing UK - http://www.muchmoreracing.com/store/...oducts_id=1851

By my measurement the ball is 4.72mm diameter, ever so slightly larger than the Tamiya balls at 4.70mm, so you get a slight snugger fit. Best of all they are fit and forget as the balls will never need to be taken out of the shock ends. The collar is 6mm long overall.

I am fitting them with M3x12mm round head screws - http://www.muchmoreracing.com/store/...roducts_id=712 - which do require the use of a 1mm spacer when fitting to the lower wishbone as the thread is a shade long. M3x10mm screws would fit also.

Already I have noticed a definite change in the tweak setting of the car simply because the shocks are more consistent on all four corners.

I will try and get a photo up soon.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote