R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 05-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #7636
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I figured it out. I used the TA05 stock suspension upper kingpins. They seem to be just a little taller than the L/W suspension upper kingping that comes with the "R" kit. Switching to the "R" kingpins fixed the problem.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #7637
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lets discuss bodies..... They don't allow sports car bodies (Ferrari, NSX) in the GT2 class at the Nats. Which coupe body is the best?

From what I can tell, the choices are the Benz, the Audi and the Lexus. Although the Lexus looks the slickest, it doesn't seem to have much of a rear deck. My experience is that bodies with little rear deck have less rear down force.

Anybody have experience with these bodies?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #7638
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Last year , at the nats in the A main ,we had the following:

TQ - Nissan 350z
Nissan r34 skyline
Lexus sc430
Porsche GT
Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 PM   #7639
Tech Adept

I have been using the 350Z for 2 years now and I just love it. I'm going to try the Lexus at the next qualifying race in June. A lot of guys are using it this year and like it.
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 AM   #7640
Tech Regular

Default TA05-R owners BEWARE!

Has anyone read what Tamiya has recently posted on their site about the TA05-R???

http://www.tamiya.com/english/info/070522.htm

i dont believe it!
TENCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:04 AM   #7641
Tech Adept

that was posted earlier. There must be something to it for Tamiya to have posted that notice.
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:46 AM   #7642
Tech Apprentice

I just wonder that maybe it is just not coincidence that I toasted my Futaba S9550 during virgin run of my TA05-R (the servo was not new but I have had since new and until this it has worked perfectly). Suddenly during run it centered itself to totally another position (servo still reacted to steering wheel).

I detached servo from chassis and re-set servo-saver according the "new" center-position. Car worked normally during next few batteries, but then suddenly after approx. 2 minutes of run it once again forced itself to original center-position... ...switching OFF & ON and servo worked normally for few laps.

Being more than confused I replaced servo with my old S9405. Most of the time everything seems to work OK, but I have witnessed some glitches randomly.

Weird, but maybe static electricity could be the source for this. I hope that there would also be some another solution than replacing the chassis...
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 AM   #7643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Strange coincidence, I had a problem with my KO FET servo the last time I raced the car on carpet. It would lay all the way over to one side and would not turn the other direction. I am running a stock TA05 tub. I dont really want to swap tubs cuz the car is working pretty well. But I dont feel like replacing servos all the time either.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:42 AM   #7644
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I find it strange that servo's are going, is this just in the 05-R because I ran my TA05 for 4 months on carpet with foam tires and never had any servo trouble.
cutwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #7645
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW
I just wonder that maybe it is just not coincidence that I toasted my Futaba S9550 during virgin run of my TA05-R (the servo was not new but I have had since new and until this it has worked perfectly). Suddenly during run it centered itself to totally another position (servo still reacted to steering wheel).

I detached servo from chassis and re-set servo-saver according the "new" center-position. Car worked normally during next few batteries, but then suddenly after approx. 2 minutes of run it once again forced itself to original center-position... ...switching OFF & ON and servo worked normally for few laps.

Being more than confused I replaced servo with my old S9405. Most of the time everything seems to work OK, but I have witnessed some glitches randomly.

Weird, but maybe static electricity could be the source for this. I hope that there would also be some another solution than replacing the chassis...
Had a similar thing too - posted a thread about it on this very forum - http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161102 - must be a very unique arrangement of components in the TA05-R because I have never heard of anything like it happening on any car before.

I didn't want to fork out on the carbon moulded chassis, looks like I will have to now for peace of mind.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #7646
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've never notice any servo problems in 2 years of using my TA05 on carpet and asphalt. I've used the stock chassis and the graphite composite.

I'm at a lost to understand how a car could cause a servo to reset it center. I would start to look at possible receiver, servo, and servo saver issues before the car.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #7647
Tech Apprentice

Sosidge: I read the another thread you have started - just too weird to have almost similar cases with similar radio gear and car (S9550 is also digital servo with metal gears)...

Darkseid: maybe noboby @ this forum knows the exact formula for this case, but the truth is that microprocessors or other electrical components together with static electricity is bad combination...
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #7648
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

No problems here...I've ran both the plastic and carbon tubs and both the R and standard 05. I've also used several different servos. I think my car has glitched once in 2 years.

I would think that some of this if not the majority of these problems are just radio/electronic issues having nothing to do with the car. I hope we don't see 1000 people now jumping on here say that my electronics all smoked becaus of the car...it couldn't possibly have anything to do with hooking up the power wires in reverse!

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:37 AM   #7649
Tech Initiate

I bought a Tamiya ride height/droop guage. I've figured out how to measure droop. But where do you guys measure ride height? From the front/back of the chasis? The side in front/behind the wheels?

Thanks!

tom
tsyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #7650
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had servo problems on my 3Racing chassis conversion, but I know that has got to do with running an alloy servo horn on a metal outdrive on the servo... heehee...
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote