Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #6616
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC RACER
Hi All

I have a TA05 and have been racing it for about 5 months.
I started racing with a standard kit with no hop-up's and do pretty go for a beginner in racing. I have in time put some hop-ups on to it from 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft on the front and rear, front one-way, centre one-way and the TRF Damper set with a set of On-Road Tuned Hard Springs also a LW Carbon Lower Deck.(weight 1.648kg)

The class that I race is the 540 group(Spur 68 and Pinion 35= Final Drive 4.37).

For the Summer Nationals at Fairy Meadow-Australia, I raced in 27 turn stock (Spur 72 and Pinion 22= FD 7.36).

I am now building a new TA05 for the TCS event in Sydney-Australia. I'm starting with a LW Carbon Lower Deck, A- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, K- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, Reversible LW Suspension Set, 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft, Aluminum Motor Mount, Carbon Centre Plate, Titanium Screw Set, Aluminum Racing Steering set, Carbon Steering Link, Aramid Drive Belt, Front one way unit, Center One Way Set, TRF Damper Set (Fluorine Coated) and for power I'll have the Super Stock Motor RZ- Lay Back Brush. The reason of getting the carbon part is to get it as lite as possible.

That for starters in this build and will post some pics later down the build.
I'd look at Titanium Screws and Alloy Motor Mount to save weight, also best to use 48mm shafts on the Reversable Suspension but be aware your durability will take a huge hit. Also go lightweight electronics, and a 3800 battery will save you 40-50 grams over a 4200 pack

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #6617
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Ceramic bearings

Does anyone know of an online store that does a set of ceramic bearings? I've checked on ebay and RC4less.

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #6618
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Does anyone know of an online store that does a set of ceramic bearings? I've checked on ebay and RC4less.
I think speedtechrc.com might have them in stock.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #6619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

No sooner than I'd posted I couldn't find them on Ebay, I found a set from an Ebay store.

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #6620
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

www.acerracing.com, www.bocabearings.com
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #6621
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC RACER
Hi All

I have a TA05 and have been racing it for about 5 months.
I started racing with a standard kit with no hop-up's and do pretty go for a beginner in racing. I have in time put some hop-ups on to it from 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft on the front and rear, front one-way, centre one-way and the TRF Damper set with a set of On-Road Tuned Hard Springs also a LW Carbon Lower Deck.(weight 1.648kg)

The class that I race is the 540 group(Spur 68 and Pinion 35= Final Drive 4.37).

For the Summer Nationals at Fairy Meadow-Australia, I raced in 27 turn stock (Spur 72 and Pinion 22= FD 7.36).

I am now building a new TA05 for the TCS event in Sydney-Australia. I'm starting with a LW Carbon Lower Deck, A- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, K- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, Reversible LW Suspension Set, 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft, Aluminum Motor Mount, Carbon Centre Plate, Titanium Screw Set, Aluminum Racing Steering set, Carbon Steering Link, Aramid Drive Belt, Front one way unit, Center One Way Set, TRF Damper Set (Fluorine Coated) and for power I'll have the Super Stock Motor RZ- Lay Back Brush. The reason of getting the carbon part is to get it as lite as possible.

That for starters in this build and will post some pics later down the build.
If you want to save weight. Don't use the aluminum steering system. It does nothing for performance. Instead spend your money on titanium outdrives.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #6622
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Juan... you coming up to play with us @ SIR March 17th & 18th?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #6623
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
Hey Juan... you coming up to play with us @ SIR March 17th & 18th?
Plane tickets already purchased. Just need to figure out where I'm going to be sleeping. Jaybee what class's ya gonna run this year?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #6624
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Plane tickets already purchased. Just need to figure out where I'm going to be sleeping. Jaybee what class's ya gonna run this year?
I don't think I'm going to trouble myself running multiple classes. I heard about your 'silver can' last year There's gonna be some stiff comp in all classes but I'll give GT3 a shot

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #6625
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
I don't think I'm going to trouble myself running multiple classes. I heard about your 'silver can' last year There's gonna be some stiff comp in all classes but I'll give GT3 a shot
I didn't run GT3 last year. It was the year before. If I run gt3, I would have to borrow a motor from someone to race that class.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #6626
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Does anyone know what the weight is of the stock motor mount, the Tamiya blue, and the top cad? I do not want to add weigth to the car. It seems a little on the heavy side. So I want to remove weight. I do have a Ti screw kit in the car. That seems to lower it some.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #6627
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
If you want to save weight. Don't use the aluminum steering system. It does nothing for performance. Instead spend your money on titanium outdrives.
is the titanium outdrive stronger or softer than the stock steel ones?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #6628
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear
is the titanium outdrive stronger or softer than the stock steel ones?
The titaninum outdrives are half the weight of the steel outdrives. They are very durable , do develop slop in the pin hole faster than the steel outdrives.
Don't ever buy the outdrives that come with the Reinhard edition car. Very light, but break very easy.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #6629
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
I didn't run GT3 last year. It was the year before. If I run gt3, I would have to borrow a motor from someone to race that class.
need a motor?

jaybee.. you BETTER race GT3 :sneaky
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #6630
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
The titaninum outdrives are half the weight of the steel outdrives. They are very durable , do develop slop in the pin hole faster than the steel outdrives.
Don't ever buy the outdrives that come with the Reinhard edition car. Very light, but break very easy.
i thought there is only 1 Ti outdrive from tamiya... how many are there??? do u have the part number of the stronger one?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote