R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #6616
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,094
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC RACER
Hi All

I have a TA05 and have been racing it for about 5 months.
I started racing with a standard kit with no hop-up's and do pretty go for a beginner in racing. I have in time put some hop-ups on to it from 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft on the front and rear, front one-way, centre one-way and the TRF Damper set with a set of On-Road Tuned Hard Springs also a LW Carbon Lower Deck.(weight 1.648kg)

The class that I race is the 540 group(Spur 68 and Pinion 35= Final Drive 4.37).

For the Summer Nationals at Fairy Meadow-Australia, I raced in 27 turn stock (Spur 72 and Pinion 22= FD 7.36).

I am now building a new TA05 for the TCS event in Sydney-Australia. I'm starting with a LW Carbon Lower Deck, A- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, K- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, Reversible LW Suspension Set, 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft, Aluminum Motor Mount, Carbon Centre Plate, Titanium Screw Set, Aluminum Racing Steering set, Carbon Steering Link, Aramid Drive Belt, Front one way unit, Center One Way Set, TRF Damper Set (Fluorine Coated) and for power I'll have the Super Stock Motor RZ- Lay Back Brush. The reason of getting the carbon part is to get it as lite as possible.

That for starters in this build and will post some pics later down the build.
I'd look at Titanium Screws and Alloy Motor Mount to save weight, also best to use 48mm shafts on the Reversable Suspension but be aware your durability will take a huge hit. Also go lightweight electronics, and a 3800 battery will save you 40-50 grams over a 4200 pack
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #6617
Tech Elite
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Ceramic bearings

Does anyone know of an online store that does a set of ceramic bearings? I've checked on ebay and RC4less.
__________________
|--|Hot Bodies Pro 5|-●-|The "F109X"|--|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #6618
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Does anyone know of an online store that does a set of ceramic bearings? I've checked on ebay and RC4less.
I think speedtechrc.com might have them in stock.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #6619
Tech Elite
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

No sooner than I'd posted I couldn't find them on Ebay, I found a set from an Ebay store.

__________________
|--|Hot Bodies Pro 5|-●-|The "F109X"|--|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #6620
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

www.acerracing.com, www.bocabearings.com
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #6621
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC RACER
Hi All

I have a TA05 and have been racing it for about 5 months.
I started racing with a standard kit with no hop-up's and do pretty go for a beginner in racing. I have in time put some hop-ups on to it from 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft on the front and rear, front one-way, centre one-way and the TRF Damper set with a set of On-Road Tuned Hard Springs also a LW Carbon Lower Deck.(weight 1.648kg)

The class that I race is the 540 group(Spur 68 and Pinion 35= Final Drive 4.37).

For the Summer Nationals at Fairy Meadow-Australia, I raced in 27 turn stock (Spur 72 and Pinion 22= FD 7.36).

I am now building a new TA05 for the TCS event in Sydney-Australia. I'm starting with a LW Carbon Lower Deck, A- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, K- Parts Carbon Reinforced Bulkhead, Reversible LW Suspension Set, 46mm Assembly Universal Shaft, Aluminum Motor Mount, Carbon Centre Plate, Titanium Screw Set, Aluminum Racing Steering set, Carbon Steering Link, Aramid Drive Belt, Front one way unit, Center One Way Set, TRF Damper Set (Fluorine Coated) and for power I'll have the Super Stock Motor RZ- Lay Back Brush. The reason of getting the carbon part is to get it as lite as possible.

That for starters in this build and will post some pics later down the build.
If you want to save weight. Don't use the aluminum steering system. It does nothing for performance. Instead spend your money on titanium outdrives.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #6622
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Hey Juan... you coming up to play with us @ SIR March 17th & 18th?
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #6623
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
Hey Juan... you coming up to play with us @ SIR March 17th & 18th?
Plane tickets already purchased. Just need to figure out where I'm going to be sleeping. Jaybee what class's ya gonna run this year?
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #6624
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Plane tickets already purchased. Just need to figure out where I'm going to be sleeping. Jaybee what class's ya gonna run this year?
I don't think I'm going to trouble myself running multiple classes. I heard about your 'silver can' last year There's gonna be some stiff comp in all classes but I'll give GT3 a shot
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #6625
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
I don't think I'm going to trouble myself running multiple classes. I heard about your 'silver can' last year There's gonna be some stiff comp in all classes but I'll give GT3 a shot
I didn't run GT3 last year. It was the year before. If I run gt3, I would have to borrow a motor from someone to race that class.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #6626
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know what the weight is of the stock motor mount, the Tamiya blue, and the top cad? I do not want to add weigth to the car. It seems a little on the heavy side. So I want to remove weight. I do have a Ti screw kit in the car. That seems to lower it some.
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #6627
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,096
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
If you want to save weight. Don't use the aluminum steering system. It does nothing for performance. Instead spend your money on titanium outdrives.
is the titanium outdrive stronger or softer than the stock steel ones?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #6628
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear
is the titanium outdrive stronger or softer than the stock steel ones?
The titaninum outdrives are half the weight of the steel outdrives. They are very durable , do develop slop in the pin hole faster than the steel outdrives.
Don't ever buy the outdrives that come with the Reinhard edition car. Very light, but break very easy.
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #6629
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
I didn't run GT3 last year. It was the year before. If I run gt3, I would have to borrow a motor from someone to race that class.
need a motor?

jaybee.. you BETTER race GT3 :sneaky
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #6630
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,096
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
The titaninum outdrives are half the weight of the steel outdrives. They are very durable , do develop slop in the pin hole faster than the steel outdrives.
Don't ever buy the outdrives that come with the Reinhard edition car. Very light, but break very easy.
i thought there is only 1 Ti outdrive from tamiya... how many are there??? do u have the part number of the stronger one?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net