R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #6391
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tamiyarcracer:

Hi,

I wasn't sure what size they were. I really couldn't find them on the Tamiya USA site. and I couldn't my manuals either. ( I gotta stop cleaning up my shop!!!!!!!!!)
Thanks for your help.

Bad-Andy:

Hi,

Thanks, you always seem to have what I need.......I'm going to be oweing you for life. even after I do the motor. with all the stuff Chuck I and have gotten from you just so we can race our Johnson cars. let me know if you need any help with your TA-05. I'll be glad to lend a hand....and you better keep and eye on your Mini......Pat really likes it.......REALLY likes it. you left too early Last Sat as she was looking for it when she came be to pick me up.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #6392
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waOscar
Your link makes it more confusing because the '1' series and the non '1' series are both listed as hop-ups for the TA05.

Here is how it works. (lets ignore the '1' for now, and assume your car has 0 degree uprights fitted).

Everything is referenced to the A suspension mount. This is the standard width suspension mount is most of the current Tamiya cars (TA05, Evo's, 415's and TB02's).

Any suspension mount with a 'x' at the start is smaller in width than A.
think of it this way
A = 0
x = negative numbers.

so as ttso said perfectly correct earlier they narrowest suspension mount is XD and they get progressively wider as you go to E.
eg XD, XC, XB, XA, X, A, B, C, D, E

What does this mean:
If your car is fitted with standard, probably plastic parts for TA05, then you will have;
A front and A rear = 0 degree toe in
change now to
A front and B rear = 0.5 degree toe in
A front and C rear = 0.5 degree toe in
XA front and A rear = 0.5 degree toe in and slightly narrower track.

So you can change suspension mounts to adjust the "track" (or width) and also the toe-in.

All the '1' means is they are 1mm lower than the standard (non '1') suspension mounts.

so if you want to set "kick-up" of "anti-squat" you can actually use a mixture of the '1' and standard mounts.

Dont forget when setting toe, many cars have toe-in built into the rear hub carriers.

For example;
TA05 on Rear
1 Degree hub carrier, T53685 1A bridge suspension mount front and 1B on rear. Which gives standard kit width with 1.5 degrees rear toe-in.
EvoIV on Rear
1 degree hub carrier, X front mount and C rear mount. Which gives 2.5 degrees rear toe

Hope this helps

Great write up!

I was holding back from buying suspension mounts due to not knowing what the x's and 1's meant. Your write-up made it uber clear. One quick question though - I recall reading that if you flip the X mounts, it'll eliminate the need to buy bridged mounts. Doesn't this raise/lower the height, affecting the "kick-up or anti-squat" you were talking about?
gerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #6393
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerok
Great write up!

I was holding back from buying suspension mounts due to not knowing what the x's and 1's meant. Your write-up made it uber clear. One quick question though - I recall reading that if you flip the X mounts, it'll eliminate the need to buy bridged mounts. Doesn't this raise/lower the height, affecting the "kick-up or anti-squat" you were talking about?
Yep, that's why u need spacer to re-adjust it....
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #6394
Tech Master

I need some setup for asphalt racing, rubber tires.
I almost hop it up all.... except the suspension arm (still use stock style but the hard version -> no lightweight rev. yet)

Could you show me yours ....

Thanks
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:35 AM   #6395
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerok
Great write up!

Hi Gerok,
Example: The 1XA Flipped can be used as a bridge, you will need to add 3mm spacers between the chassis and the 1XA Sus Block (which comes together in the new package) to equal the height of a 1XA in normal position, therefore no effect to heights and anti-squat/kick ups.
To add anti-squat etc, just add more spacers in addition to the 3mm (in the flipped around position) or use the Tamiya Alum Sus Mount Spacer #53932.
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #6396
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just bought a TA05 what hop ups do you guys recommend to make the car stronger physically and internaly (diff) etc. Any help is appreciated.
Peter_PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #6397
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_PaP
I just bought a TA05 what hop ups do you guys recommend to make the car stronger physically and internaly (diff) etc. Any help is appreciated.
Just read through this thread, everything you need to know is covered. Hopups, tuning, etc.

Just seems no one has a Carpet Setup for Foam???..
FreqETag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #6398
Tech Champion

Quote:
The car is already pretty solid as standard, but I guess there is no harm in buying alloy outdrives for the differentials and TRF shocks for better suspension control.

Ballrace the steering too, there are 4 bearings in total to the steering arms.

Remember though, the more alloy you add to the car the more it will weigh, and although alloy wont break, it can bend

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #6399
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
i recommand the front universals, carbon tub chassis and aluminum rear diff.
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #6400
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CVD's will make it bullit proof (almost), alloy rear suspension blocks make the only other weak part of the car strong. Everything else is just there to make it faster.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #6401
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
an almost fully hop-up TA-05

buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #6402
Tech Regular

i will be running my TA05 in mod using a 7x2 Team Brood motor. what would be a better option for the front, a one-way or a spool? what ae the advantages/disadvantages of each??

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #6403

Default question

Has anyone raced a F103GT with a 540 silver can in it?
Straybullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #6404
RLS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
53724 is the 46mm LW (blue aluminum) swing shaft
Can anyone confirm this to be the correct part # for the blue aluminum 46mm swing shafts. I've seen a conflicting number. Also I'm having trouble finding a part number for the stock foam bumper. Does anyone know it? Is the 415 bumper a direct fit?
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #6405
RLS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oops! A search of this thread found that the bumper is the same as the Evo 4 which is part #51088. Still unsure of the blue 46mm swing arms though.
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote