Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 01-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need some quick help

I know it is probably on one of these pages but I am tired and have a cold so help me out ok?

I have a 05 I just built and want to run at a track we are starting up again on short notice.
My question is what spur/pinion combo to use for a fairly large sweeping type of asphalt track using a Money 19T with 3300s?
I will be around more now that our local track will be up and running again!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

RC Champ? http://www.rc-champ.co.jp - is that where I order from? Sorry, I'm only familiar with a few online hobby shops.

Anyway, I'll promise you folks pics of the build after I get the parts

Edit: nm, found it on the forum. Judging from the threads, he is swamped with orders at the moment. Hopefully he answers the emails I send him. Now, I just got to do my part and find all the part numbers of what I want to order.

Last edited by gerok; 01-05-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gerok
RC Champ? http://www.rc-champ.co.jp - is that where I order from? Sorry, I'm only familiar with a few online hobby shops.

Anyway, I'll promise you folks pics of the build after I get the parts

Heres how it works. Gather up the part numbers for all the Tamiya stuff you want to order. You email them at [email protected] and include all the part numbers and a brief discription of each item and simply ask for a total. They'll send you an email back telling you what each item cost in Yen, along with the shipping cost and overalll total. Then you send a paypal payment to them for that amount in Yen(after you select Yen as the payment type, the conversion is done automatically by paypal). Be sure to copy and paste the contents of the email into the notes section of the paypal payment, so they know what your ordering.

Then sit back, wait about 3-4 days and get your goodies from the postal service. I think they are closed on Monday, but they are open all other days, and you can order any day, including Sunday.

To give you an idea of their speed, I once ordered from them Sunday night and got my stuff on Tuesday!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink Opinions are cheap, Knowledge, Priceless!

As you can see you can get different opinions from all over but that's why we give our suggestions on what we think is best to start with based on past experiences!
Bottom line you have gained valuable info from all our prior experiences with this car. This thread is truly a must see for all levels of racers! As our opinions for those who ask!
Again, just my2$
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Normally I wouldn't comment on someone else's suggestions about which hop ups to get, because we all have our own opinions about what a car should have.

But the term "weak links" caught my attention.

I ran my TA05 with the kit dogbones for a full season with no problems. Then I only replaced the fronts after the wear cause play in the drivetrain. Then I replaced the rears quite a bit later after they began to wear. Thats at least a year of use without needing to replace. I would hardly call that being a weak link.

I'm still using the stock outdrives. They have spread very little and have not groove in any noticable manner in all this time. I haven't broken any outdrives. Thats over a year of 19t and brushless 4300 running with no need to replace. So again the term weak link seems out of place.

The 6mm hexes are definitely useful, because having the stock hexes come off with the wheel and losing the drive pins are a pain. But the stock hexes also never failed.

All those hop ups are nice things to have, but essentials? Any number of people here on this thread have run the TA05 competitively without replacing any of those.

And "weak links"? Doesn't something have to break to be a weak link?

Maybe this stuff fails if your running low wind mods, but for anything 19t or slower all the stock pieces these things replace, work perfectly.
I have to agree with everything here. DogBones on the front actualy helped indoors on a tight carpet track, and did a lot of racing on my stock TA05. The only weakness I have found, has to be the rear suspension mounts, but if you are taken out and slide backwards into a wall whilst running 19t, something is going to give.

Diff outdrives, I have upgraded to the precision ones on the front, only because I totalled the front left corner and the ensuing excaping driveshaft chipped the outdrive, so thought it would be best to change.

The car is bullet proof (nearly) and is good from beginner (my kids use them) and for more seasoned racers(like me), and I run up with T2'007, Cyclones, Mi2 etc, and even with it's extra weight, it is still up there, fighting.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

I know this is a bit off topic but can someone tell me what Epluribus Unum means?
drift,
Old 01-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by driftmaster
I know this is a bit off topic but can someone tell me what Epluribus Unum means?
drift,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Pluribus_Unum

There ya go Drift!

Brant
Old 01-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

received today, and as describe, thank you.
am glad everything has turned up and i hope you enjoy as much as i did when i had it cracking car
Old 01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Alright thanks for the input guys. I pretty much made up my mind on what parts to get. However, I do have a quick question - I know there's so many variations for aluminum suspension mounts, and being that our drift tracks are really really tight, which aluminum inner and outer mounts would you folks recommend? and which cars do they interchange with? I'm confused with xa, xb, ff +1, etc. I emailed RC champ on the other parts but didn't know what suspension mounts to get so, part numbers for the aluminum suspension would be nice TIA.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
The car is bullet proof (nearly) and is good from beginner (my kids use them) and for more seasoned racers(like me), and I run up with T2'007, Cyclones, Mi2 etc, and even with it's extra weight, it is still up there, fighting.
Yeah Bro, well said!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gerok
Alright thanks for the input guys. I pretty much made up my mind on what parts to get. However, I do have a quick question - I know there's so many variations for aluminum suspension mounts, and being that our drift tracks are really really tight, which aluminum inner and outer mounts would you folks recommend? and which cars do they interchange with? I'm confused with xa, xb, ff +1, etc. I emailed RC champ on the other parts but didn't know what suspension mounts to get so, part numbers for the aluminum suspension would be nice TIA.
'A' blocks are the same size as the stock TA05 mounts.

They range from:
shortest - XD XC XB XA X A B C D E - longest
Every letter difference gives you a half-degree change.

I myself like the shorter track of using f:XC/r:XA in the rear with a 1-degree upright (2 degrees total), and XC/XC in the front, plus I don't need 48mm axles when using the lightweight suspension. I can also flip the X-mounts upside down, eliminating the need for bridge mounts for the belts.

If there's a 1 in there (1A, etc.), I believe they sit 1mm higher than those than don't.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

I don't watch this thread. I'm just stopping by to post my experience tonight. I drove a club member's new TA05 for a few laps. It was quite good - certainly race-able. I'm not good enough to know just how competitive it is, but at the club level it seemed good enough for all but the top locals.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

hi, which trf suspension mounts are good for technical carpet tracks? the stock plastic ones work fine with me.. but i dont know what are the equivalents of it with the trf ones.. thanks..
Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

The aluminium equivalent of the standard mounts are the TRF415 A Mounts. If you want to keep the exact same setting (as what you have now), then you need two bridge A mounts (with the "bridge" so the belt can go under it) and two "normal" A mounts.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
I don't watch this thread. I'm just stopping by to post my experience tonight. I drove a club member's new TA05 for a few laps. It was quite good - certainly race-able. I'm not good enough to know just how competitive it is, but at the club level it seemed good enough for all but the top locals.
I had a TA05 a yr or so ago, went from that to an FK05 and then an RDX, and now full circle back to a TA05. Sort of sums up how I see them anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.