R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 12-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #6046
Tech Regular

So using 32 and 33T pinions would be ok for a short period of time?
Merry Christmas.
MK_Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #6047
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
So using 32 and 33T pinions would be ok for a short period of time?
Merry Christmas.
I should think so, since you are in Toronto and the weather there is much much cooler, but please do not blame me if it blows up..LOL .

Here are some pictures to share with you. Merry Christmas
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-p1030415-1.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-p1030416-1.jpg  
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #6048
Tech Regular

Would a 26T pinion keep the motor and ESC cool? Sorry for the noob questions, It's almost the start of my second year in my rc "career"
I need a ratio to keep both motor and esc cool.
BTW nice ride. and merry christmas
Old 12-24-2006, 01:02 AM   #6049
Tech Addict

Quote:
Would a 26T pinion keep the motor and ESC cool? Sorry for the noob questions, It's almost the start of my second year in my rc "career"
I need a ratio to keep both motor and esc cool.
BTW nice ride. and merry christmas
Hi MK Arbiter,
Yea 26T pinion would definitely keep the esc cool but I think 26T is a bit undergeared for a big track (it is gonna be like "all sound no go" kind of situation) but should be sufficient for a smaller or tight track.
May I ask which Motor is that you are running with and which esc you are using ?

Last edited by proceed5; 12-24-2006 at 01:05 AM. Reason: forgot, it may be a smaller track
Old 12-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #6050
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Proceed5: Thanks for listing your part recommendations and the part numbers.

Although, I appreciate you listing all of the blue aluminum and carbon fiber parts, I really have to stay away from that kind of stuff. You see, my name is _ _ _ _ _, and I'm a recovering RCholic.

I recently sold both my Yokomo MR-4TC BD, MR-4TC SD LCG, Tamiya Mini, 2 Novak GTX's, 1 Keyence Zero Xtreme and lot of other RC equipment. And this is not my first time doing this. Unfortunately, I have the tendancy to spend way to much on my "hobbies" (R/C, my commuter car, and my Home Theater).

Anyway, this time I'm doing something that I've never done before... spending as little as possible, buying/trading for used equipment getting entry level equipment rather than "top-of-the-line". That's why based on many of the comments I've read here, the TA05 is the perfect chassis for me. Inexpensive, durable and a good performer.

So, with the exception of upgraded shocks, I won't be indulging in any hopups. At least that's if I don't have a relapse.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #6051
Tech Addict

Take it easy there Geppetto, have a blessed christmas
Old 12-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #6052
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Hi MK Arbiter,
Yea 26T pinion would definitely keep the esc cool but I think 26T is a bit undergeared for a big track (it is gonna be like "all sound no go" kind of situation) but should be sufficient for a smaller or tight track.
May I ask which Motor is that you are running with and which esc you are using ?
I'm using an orion method R 10T and a novak cyclone. I'm not going to race with it now, but I'm going to be using it to bash around. When I do race, It's usually on smaller, tighter tracks. But right now for bashing, I just drive down the street as fast as i can get it without killing the motor or the esc.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #6053
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm using an orion method R 10T and a novak cyclone. I'm not going to race with it now, but I'm going to be using it to bash around. When I do race, It's usually on smaller, tighter tracks. But right now for bashing, I just drive down the street as fast as i can get it without killing the motor or the esc.
Ok, in that case you shouldn't have to worry much about temps, just running around in the street shouldn't put too much stress on the system, so motor temps shouldn't get ridiculously high, it's mainly when you're accelerating & decellerating a lot that puts the stress on the motor & can heat it up, so that gear choice should be fine, IMO. But for racing, then you really have to base it all on the motor you use & the track's size & layout. with short, tight tracks, heat will be more of a factor(as well as acceleration), so you go to a shorter gearing(smaller pinion &/or bigger spur), while bigger, more flowing tracks work better for tall gearing, where you'll spend more time at full throttle & want all the top speed you can get. But there really is no single ratio that'll work perfectly everywhere, it's always best to ask those who race there what kind of final drive ratios they favor to get an idea where to start....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #6054
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where can I get some Alloy front and rear bulkheads from chaps?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #6055
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

my TA05 is up for sale on eBay (will miss her go)so if anyone is looking for a real bargain check the link out *no reserve*

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tamiya-TA05-TR...QQcmdZViewItem
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #6056
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi! Wondering what the short EVO 5 arms do for the car compared to the regular LW arms. and also do you need to use shorter swingshafts with those?
Thanks! Mike
Old 12-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #6057
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Where can I get some Alloy front and rear bulkheads from chaps?
I got them from www.stellamodels.net ,but looks like they are out of stock at moment.
btw anyone as tryed this bodyshels???
bodyshell
guinnes.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #6058
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my ta05 ... the only things left i want to do is get armid belts and 3 racing bulkheads
part list of wat iv got
ta05,3 racing ssg chassis conversion, 3 racing ssg front tower, 3 racing ssg rear tower, yeah racing alloy front knukles, year racing allot front c hubs, year racing alloy racing rear knukles, tamiya 415 suspension mounts front and rear, yeah racing turnbukles, tamiya front andrear stabalizers, 3 racing adjustable suspension, top cad universal shafts3 racing alloy steering, novak ss5800 brushless.

Mr.Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #6059
Tech Adept

Today i went to my local track for practice and i noticed my shock ends have oil on them, i think there leaking, what happened and how can i fix this?

Thanks,

Juan
juanfinesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #6060
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

was the oil leaking from the top cap, or the bottom? if it was the top, you might get away with re-filling with oil, remove the air and re-assemble (clean off the top cap too)

If it was the bottoms, I would rebuild the whole shock, o-rings and all

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote