Old 12-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #6001
agp
Tech Adept

ty all. just got mysely a tb02 bumper
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #6002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Anyone willing to measure the opening on the chassis used for mounting the ESC and the opening used for mounting the Rx. I haven't got the kit yet, but I'm trying to determine how much space is available for the electronics.

From the photos I've seen, it looks like pretty much everyone mounts the ESC behind the motor (rear of the chassis), and the Rx ahead of the motor (front of the chassis).

Thanks!
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #6003
Tech Adept

the space for the receiver is fairly tight, my xxl fits fine. And theres enough space for most high end esc's to fit.

Juan
juanfinesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #6004
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I fit the GTB behind the motor. It's a hog, but fits snug. I did have to lightly gring a chamfer on the one edge back there in order to see the LEDs on the side of the speedo. I run the regular size Spektrum reciever in front of the motor. It will fit sitting flat, or stood up close to the motor. Everything lays out very nice.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #6005
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto
Anyone willing to measure the opening on the chassis used for mounting the ESC and the opening used for mounting the Rx. I haven't got the kit yet, but I'm trying to determine how much space is available for the electronics.

From the photos I've seen, it looks like pretty much everyone mounts the ESC behind the motor (rear of the chassis), and the Rx ahead of the motor (front of the chassis).

Thanks!
Heres all you need to know. I fit a LRP Sphere in the esc section and use a Novak Xxtra in the receiver section. And STILL have room to manuver both of the forward or backward! Those are two of the biggest components you'll find in RC. Basically, as long as your speedo is relatively square, it'll fit. Notable exceptions are the Tekin G11 series and the Mamba Brushless.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #6006
AP2
Tech Apprentice

what is the better suspension to run on asphalt track? pro module suspension or reversible suspension.

also, im trying to get into drifting and was curious if any of those setups mentioned above would benifit any.

thanks!
AP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #6007
Tech Master

Quote:

Thanks!
Thanks guys! I haven't raced or been active in R/C for quite a while now, so a lot of the newer equipment is unfamiliar to me. I'm considering the lower priced forward only Novak ESC (GTS, I think). I just wanted to make sure that it would fit. My Rx is the Airtronics 3 channel FM and it sounds like it should work. I really like a clean low profile installation.

Once I get my chassis, I'll post more details. This will be my re-re-re-return to onroad r/c. This time I hope to ENJOY racing.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #6008
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Just received my TA05

Hey just got my TA05 yesterday! Just wondering what kind of variety suspension blocks most guys have. I run on carpet and will be asphalt in the summer. Both are pretty tight tracks. The carpet is Ozite so its pretty high grip stuff. Any suggestions on suspension blocks would be appreciated. Also does anyone know of a place to get like a set of 64 pitch pinions rather then buy them all separately?

Thanks.

Can't wait to get this thing on the track!
cutwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #6009
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

The airtronics 3-channel blue receiver will not fit flat in behind the servo. You'll either have to tape it on top of the servo or mount it on an edge sticking up.

I went and bought the airtronics 2-channel super micro instead, it's much smaller and fits right in there like a glove. Still has a power slot for your PT.

Most ESC's will fit flat behind the motor, except for the LRP Runner and F1-Pro (huge 40mm square bottom) in my experience.. I know someone with a brushless system had a hard time. You have around 40mmx30mm to work with.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #6010
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
The airtronics 3-channel blue receiver will not fit flat in behind the servo. You'll either have to tape it on top of the servo or mount it on an edge sticking up.
Hi there,
I managed to fit my Sanwa (Airtronics) RX311 Receiver flat mounted behind the servo.
To fit in the RX311 Receiver behind the servo: (1) remove the top center shaft Graphite cover, (2) Tape secure the Receiver's antenna outlet to exit on motor side (3) Install the Receiver using double sided tape to the bottom (4) Place the top center shaft cover in place. End.
Hope that helps, cheers
proceed5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #6011
Tech Addict

Default Fitting RX311 behind servo

Here's how it looks like fitting the RX311 receiver behind the servo.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-p1030412-1.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-p1030413-1.jpg  
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #6012
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz

I went and bought the airtronics 2-channel super micro instead, it's much smaller and fits right in there like a glove. Still has a power slot for your PT.

Most ESC's will fit flat behind the motor, except for the LRP Runner and F1-Pro (huge 40mm square bottom) in my experience.. I know someone with a brushless system had a hard time. You have around 40mmx30mm to work with.

That's disappointing to hear. Tower has the 2 channel version, but at $70, I don't want to do that. I have a Novak XXL FM 2 channel, but whenever I used that Rx in the past, if I mistakenly turned off my radio without switching off the ESC first, my car would take off on its own.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #6013
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by proceed5
Here's how it looks like fitting the RX311 receiver behind the servo.
Thanks, but I cannot determine if the RX311 receiver in your photo is the same as the 3 channel Rx I have. See: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LX0785**&P=7
Old 12-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #6014
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks, but I cannot determine if the RX311 receiver in your photo is the same as the 3 channel Rx I have.
Hi Gappetto,
Yes, Sanwa and Airtronics are the same product.
Well, no harm for you to try re-fitting your Airtronics receiver to see if it fits snugly behind the servo.

However, if you insist on getting an even smaller Sanwa Receiver, then get the RX431. It has 4 channels and is smaller than the usual RX211 (blue color 2 channel receiver). http://www.sanwa-denshi.co.jp/

Cheers .

Last edited by proceed5; 12-21-2006 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Add Sanwa Link for new range RX431 receiver
Old 12-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #6015
Tech Addict

Quote:
I'm considering the lower priced forward only Novak ESC (GTS, I think). I just wanted to make sure that it would fit. I really like a clean low profile installation.
Hi Geppetto,
I'll say get the Novak GTX instead of the GTS, it is more versatile and has a small footprint (minus the capacitor, which you might want to re-wire to fit in place).
Cheers