R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #5986
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Roboto
hey fellas a ss5800 is cumming into my possesion next wek and just wondering can i run it on the standard pinion and spur(22tp,70ts)??if not wat would u reccomend im looking for a bit mor accelleration over top speed.
Well since no body else answered, guess I'll take a shot at it.

The ss5800 performs pretty much like a mild machine wound mod motor. So with the stock gearing giving you a 7.16 final ratio, you should be safe with that gearing. Now if your looking for more acceleration over top end, then just go down a tooth on the pinion. Like down to a 21 tooth pinion. Which would leave you at a final ratio of 7.5. That should be perfect for what your looking for.

Hope this helps.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #5987
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak
Has anybody seen this yet on eBay? Holy smokes. $50 shipping. I figured it'd be salty, but it's crazy what these first batch of cars are going to sell for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-49400-Por...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats just nuts!

I don't care if they're only making 2 of the things, no way I'm dumping that much cash on a car that I probably wouldn't even run.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #5988
AWK
Tech Fanatic
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The thing is they are like $500 new so it isn't that much of a markup. Even the guys at Tamiya USA weren't able to get their hands on one and don't know how many are being made.

What do you guys do to your TA05s after practice and races as far as rebuilding and such? What about in between runs?
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #5989
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

hi guys,

im running 48mm universal shaft on the from on this babe. but realised that the shaft is hitting the diff screw. any disadvantage on this?

any advise guys? should i change to 46mm shaft?
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #5990
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp
hi guys,

im running 48mm universal shaft on the from on this babe. but realised that the shaft is hitting the diff screw. any disadvantage on this?

any advise guys? should i change to 46mm shaft?

Are you running the LW suspension or the normal suspension? I think the 48mm shafts are for the LW suspension.
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #5991
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Are you running the LW suspension or the normal suspension? I think the 48mm shafts are for the LW suspension.
me using the normal suspension arm. so i guess i should change to 46mm..
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #5992
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKing
The thing is they are like $500 new so it isn't that much of a markup. Even the guys at Tamiya USA weren't able to get their hands on one and don't know how many are being made.
Well I guess that means the eBay price wasn't really that bad. I guess its the original price that screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKing
What do you guys do to your TA05s after practice and races as far as rebuilding and such? What about in between runs?
There isn't much routine work required to maintain the car. Just blow it off, check for damage, set it somewhere safe (away from kids, dogs, the wife ) and wait to get out and race again.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #5993
Regional Moderator
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp
me using the normal suspension arm. so i guess i should change to 46mm..
Definitely change to the shorter shafts. When the shafts hit the diff, it pushes the diff to the other side. When this happens, it pushes against the other universal shaft and creates drag and hinders diff action.

In addition, the shafts being too long can limit suspension travel.

Lastly, if you happen to take a hard hit to the wheel, something will have to give. And since the shafts are already at the diff, this likely will mean a bent universal shaft.

So grab a pair of the 46mm shafts and save the 48mm shafts for if you ever decide to try the LW reversible suspension.
__________________
TLR 22...Tamiya F104...
Darkseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #5994
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Definitely change to the shorter shafts. When the shafts hit the diff, it pushes the diff to the other side. When this happens, it pushes against the other universal shaft and creates drag and hinders diff action.

In addition, the shafts being too long can limit suspension travel.

Lastly, if you happen to take a hard hit to the wheel, something will have to give. And since the shafts are already at the diff, this likely will mean a bent universal shaft.

So grab a pair of the 46mm shafts and save the 48mm shafts for if you ever decide to try the LW reversible suspension.

thx dude for the advise. guess i will have to drop by a hobby shop later to grab mysself a new 46mm shaft.
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #5995
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minijosh Send a message via Yahoo to minijosh
Default

After a run and after each race, I discharge my cells on an integy discharger. As for my car, I take a small acid brush and try to brush out most of the left over lint and rocks. Now that I have the 3 racing chassis, more carpet should flow out since it opened the diffs more. I also retighten screws as needed. That might be the most important thing I do.
__________________
http://rccarparts.biz/

Joshua T
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:20 AM   #5996
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in the bushes outside ur house
Posts: 201
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Well since no body else answered, guess I'll take a shot at it.

The ss5800 performs pretty much like a mild machine wound mod motor. So with the stock gearing giving you a 7.16 final ratio, you should be safe with that gearing. Now if your looking for more acceleration over top end, then just go down a tooth on the pinion. Like down to a 21 tooth pinion. Which would leave you at a final ratio of 7.5. That should be perfect for what your looking for.

Hope this helps.
thank u very much sir my parents wil not let me build my awsomo ta05 ssg till xams day o the pain
Mr.Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:45 AM   #5997
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

any1 know if TA05 urethane bumper are same with TB02 or any other tamiya's car? I have difficulty finding the ta05 urethane bumper. all out of stock.

TB02's urethane bumpers seem alike. can they be use on TA05?
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:42 AM   #5998
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp
any1 know if TA05 urethane bumper are same with TB02 or any other tamiya's car? I have difficulty finding the ta05 urethane bumper. all out of stock.

TB02's urethane bumpers seem alike. can they be use on TA05?

yes....
they are the same, so you can use the tb02 urethane bumper for the TA05.....
leomax001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #5999
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 1,041
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomax001
yes....
they are the same, so you can use the tb02 urethane bumper for the TA05.....
The TB-02R and TA05 share the same bumper. The TB-02 bumper is different, but it will fit. It's just a little bit bigger.
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #6000
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

You can also use EVO4 bumper.
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net