R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 10-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #5656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I used a set of hardened TA04SS rear arms, and with 2mm spacers behind the regular stock front arms the MRS body fits perfectly. Ran great at the end-of-season Aliso TCS regional; also placed 5th overall in Tamiya Stock at the Hobby Works Charity Race in September - that's a very competitive field.

Not sure I would run this combo with a stock or mod motor, however, as the angle on the rear swingshafts is pretty severe and they may wear out rapidly when more power is applied.

I like it enough that I bought another couple of MRS bodies at the end of the season and intend to run this configuration in '07 in the GT3 class (assuming that the class remains). Some other guys have tried this and don't like the result- they say the car feels 'dead'. It fits my driving style (which some would also describe as 'dead" ) as the car has more rear traction than the long car, which I can tune out with firmer springs, etc. Worth a try to see if you like it, and it's TCS legal.

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #5657
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer57
i am purchasing a set of the ta05 shocks to run on my dirt oval car. I am currently running tc3 shocks with .35 length front shafts and .71 rear shafts. Am I going to be able to get longer shock shafts for these shocks as well?? Any help would be great.
These comes with the TA05, comes in packs of 2.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=50746

These are the same shocks that are longer, comes in packs of 4.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53619
Fuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:49 AM   #5658
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardr
I used a set of hardened TA04SS rear arms, and with 2mm spacers behind the regular stock front arms the MRS body fits perfectly. Ran great at the end-of-season Aliso TCS regional; also placed 5th overall in Tamiya Stock at the Hobby Works Charity Race in September - that's a very competitive field.

Not sure I would run this combo with a stock or mod motor, however, as the angle on the rear swingshafts is pretty severe and they may wear out rapidly when more power is applied.

I like it enough that I bought another couple of MRS bodies at the end of the season and intend to run this configuration in '07 in the GT3 class (assuming that the class remains). Some other guys have tried this and don't like the result- they say the car feels 'dead'. It fits my driving style (which some would also describe as 'dead" ) as the car has more rear traction than the long car, which I can tune out with firmer springs, etc. Worth a try to see if you like it, and it's TCS legal.
Hey mate thanks for your reply

I like the short wheel base, and the way the car looks - stocky

Anyway, I bought the TA05 perfect guide and it had different tunnel test results for various bodies, MRS did okay, although I cant read japanese, just based that on the numbers in english. I will race my 05 in silver can. I used to use my Evo 4 but I just cant compete with the TA05 in this class. the drive train is so much lighter and the car seems to turn a hell of alot better than my Evo 4. What do you mean by dead? I would have thought that the shorter wheelbase would make it a demon on twisty tracks. Correct me if Im wrong :-)

Well I ordered an MRS body so I am committed to it now, pity it wouldnt fit an F103GT
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:41 AM   #5659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
What do you mean by dead? I would have thought that the shorter wheelbase would make it a demon on twisty tracks. Correct me if Im wrong
Moving the rear wheels forward relative to the rear differential puts more weight over the rear wheels and yields more rear traction. The shorter wheelbase counteracts that to some extent but thecar does handle differently...

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #5660
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a good run with the car yesterday, slicks on carpet with additive, but had a slight problem of the front snatching on the tighter corners. I am currently running the stock suspenion (all be it with 3Racing blocks) and was wondering if giving the front suspension toe-out would reduce this 'snatching' behaviour?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #5661
Tech Adept

I suggest stronger springs ( front ) and less holes in the damper piston also front.
OscarF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:48 AM   #5662
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

hi, i am confuse with this..

hi refering to this photo, what is the advantage of the suspension arm tilting front to front,and back to back?

what does the 2 orange arrow show?

what shall we achieve with this setting? better .......???

or did my question confuse you hehe....any way refer to the photo,
Old 10-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #5663
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarF1
I suggest stronger springs ( front ) and less holes in the damper piston also front.
If I thought it was that simple, I would of done it already, that would just make the front end dead and unresponsive. I know the car is agressive anyways, and upping the camber to keep the car off the sidewall on the front helped.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #5664
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
If I thought it was that simple, I would of done it already, that would just make the front end dead and unresponsive. I know the car is agressive anyways, and upping the camber to keep the car off the sidewall on the front helped.
I like a setup with verry little camber settings.
I only use camber to have an eaqal wear on the tyres.
So the balance has to come from springs dampers droop etc.
OscarF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #5665
Tech Master

If you run too little camber, then you end up,when the car pitches into the corner, the outer front sidewall rolls under causing the front to snatch, so I was trying to find a way to reduce it's 'dive' which I beleive is by using a wider front block to the rear.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #5666
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwintklee
hi, i am confuse with this..

hi refering to this photo, what is the advantage of the suspension arm tilting front to front,and back to back?

what does the 2 orange arrow show?

what shall we achieve with this setting? better .......???

or did my question confuse you hehe....any way refer to the photo,
I think you are refering to the lower arm angles. In the front it would be called anti-dive and the rear would be called anti-squat.

I never did like anti squat .
Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #5667
Tech Regular

Are the Topcad shocks for the TA-05 any good?
MK_Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #5668
Tech Master

If you run too little camber, then you end up,when the car pitches into the corner, the outer front sidewall rolls under causing the front to snatch, so I was trying to find a way to reduce it's 'dive' which I beleive is by using a wider front block to the rear.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #5669
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
Are the Topcad shocks for the TA-05 any good?
Save up another $15 - $20 and get the TRF shocks. You'll thank me later.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #5670
Tech Regular

more like save another 60.
MK_Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote