Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan >

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Old 08-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Best thing to do is pull the pinion off, if it is still tight, then it is the gear mesh between spur and pinion, there should be a small amount of backlash there.
Best thing to do is pull the pinion off. try to roll the chassis. if it is loose, then it is the gear mesh between spur and pinion is causing the "tightness". if it is tight without the pinion, then there's something wrong in in either the front or the rear "drivetrain".
Old 08-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm a little puzzled here. I just got the Aramid belts and they're black. I thought they were blue? Anyone else seen this? I wonder if the blue belts were another "limited edition" part we all love Tamiya for.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
I'm a little puzzled here. I just got the Aramid belts and they're black. I thought they were blue? Anyone else seen this? I wonder if the blue belts were another "limited edition" part we all love Tamiya for.
there are two versions.. the black..and the Blue. both aramid.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
there are two versions.. the black..and the Blue. both aramid.
Ah. Then I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure the black ones work just as well as the blue. Just without the bling factor.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Tech Initiate

yup ur ryt. the blue belt is just adds the bling factor. I would prefer the blue though.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe it's for the RC racers that have a sight problem. The blue does stand out from the black.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Son:

Hi,

Just sell them to me and reorder the blue ones

BTW:

I'm putting a order together for R/C Champs LMK if you want to add anything. call me on my cell.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davel
yup ur ryt. the blue belt is just adds the bling factor. I would prefer the blue though.
The black armid belts are a little firmer than the bue ones are, they are almost equivialant to stock blets
Old 08-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Initiate

The black armid belts are a little firmer than the bue ones are, they are almost equivialant to stock blets
nice info man! i still would prefer the blue ones since i dont have any problems with my stock belts.

regarding the spur, if u tighten the 2 screws, it deforms its shape. has anybody noticed this? anyone knows how to keep the spur in its shape without running the risk of losing it during a run?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I warped my first spur like that.

My solution is to loctite the threads and make all gear adjustments through pinion changes. Just make sure you pick a spur that allows alot of flexibility both ways (shorter/taller gearing) around the rollouts you're going to use, and you have the pinions to match.

You could possibly put a thin washer in between the back of the spur and the spur holder to support it, but I haven't really looked at this.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I warped my first spur like that.
My solution is to loctite the threads and make all gear adjustments through pinion changes. Just make sure you pick a spur that allows alot of flexibility both ways (shorter/taller gearing) around the rollouts you're going to use, and you have the pinions to match.
You could possibly put a thin washer in between the back of the spur and the spur holder to support it, but I haven't really looked at this.
ok tnx ill try it. or maybe have some extra screws to fill the other holes. problem is the screws that tamiya use for their spur gear is rare. they dont even include extras for this type of screw in their ta05 kits....
Old 08-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I am running a RW 64 pitch spur gear and have not warping at all. Must be the type of material used for the spur.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know when tamiya is going to release a full race version of this car?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

talking with the tamiya guys, no plans this year....Usually it will come out just before they kill the model.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I am running a RW 64 pitch spur gear and have not warping at all. Must be the type of material used for the spur.
maybe. tamiya is using a soft material for their spurs. even their pinions are soft. and to think tamiya always produce tough products......

Does anyone know when tamiya is going to release a full race version of this car?
well, many of the guys here have already reached that state with their 05's (even surpassed it). you can beat tamiya to it but itd cost yah. but hey, u'll be running the ur 05"R" earlier. i think the full race version would look like a TB02R but I doubt tamiya is gonna produce a ta05R. I think theyd go for a conversion kit... the ta05 has too much potential....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.