Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer
I know an f201 expert who insist that the F201 drive shaft are actually 48mm.
I'm not the expert... but I know who is! Regardless, I'm looking at my F201 drive shaft and no matter how I look at it, it still reads 48mm...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyan
I'm not the expert... but I know who is! Regardless, I'm looking at my F201 drive shaft and no matter how I look at it, it still reads 48mm...
Hmmmm! now where can we get those 48mm Aluminum shafts?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #468
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav
Looks like they updated the Nats page. They list the motor types for all classes. Also they do not mention the 05.

1. All Tamiya TA, TB and TL series sedan chassis' (TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TL01, TB01 & TB02, TB-02R (Tub chassis), FF01, FF02).

"No funny business is allowed on the motors." I like that rule. hehe

The regional rule page still lists the 05 though.
id guess if the TA05 is not available in the states by august, then it will not be legal for nationals. but thats just my guess
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #469
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer
I know an f201 expert who insist that the F201 drive shaft are actually 48mm.
Heh.. that's weird, then... I wonder why they would put it as 50mm in their "LW Suspension" condition... and would 2mm make a real difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso
In 415, only front suspension rear mount is bridge style. The rear suspension front mount is normal layout. I checked over the photo of TA05 I think both front suspension rear mount and rear suspension front mount need to be bridge style mount. Is that correct? If so I need to order extra bridge mount for my TA05.
And as for the suspension mount, it does look like both ends need bridges. Looking at the pics, the diff mounts are super-low into the chassis, and there are paths or "grooves" leading through both front and back. I guess it would have to be if the front and rear diff carriers are identical, according to their intended design.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #470
Tech Addict

Hello again !

Could'nt believe I fell asleep in the middle of my TA05 ! it is now 5 am where I am.
Managed to take some more pics to tease you guys

This is a pic of the centre drivetrain which is incredibly free !

Would like to note the front and rear belts are tensioned by this device, very similar to the Losi JRXS

Okay, I got quite a few queries regarding the steering assembly, here's a pic of it.

and another view but at a different angle.

Please Note the following:

1) Standard kit comes with Metal bushing for the steering bellcranks, I have replaced them with Tamiya 850 bearings.

2) All blue parts you see in the pics above are NOT included in the kit.

3) Standard belts have White wordings, the optional aramid belts have yellow wordings.

4) I intend to run the car with LW reversible arms set, have you've spotted it ?

5) I would like to advise those who are contemplating this car to build it up stock as per the instructions, then run it to get a feel of the baseline setting before unleashing your hopups !

6) Tamiya suspension mounts are certainly a must have, the only reason you dun see it on my car is because the whole country is out of stock of TRF415 A, A with bridge and c mounts

7) The kit comes with Tamiya Medium Narrow Racing Radial tires Item:51023

8) The outdrives are made of a similar material as the TB02 but the dimensions are different. Dun think it can take Modified action without some sort of reinforcement.

Til the next time, Cheers

Last edited by Ghostfit; 07-05-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #471
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice.....get it running for a track test for us!
Herc Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #472
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TA05 stock outdrives!

I heard from a reliable source that the outdrives are very soft and will not hold up at all. Tamiya is already in the process of coming out with a hop-up for this!
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #473
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

mmmmm just got an email from my distributor, my TA05 is ready to be picked up,, now just one little problem WORK. lol
Old 07-05-2005, 06:51 PM   #474
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Driver
Nice.....get it running for a track test for us!
Thanks, ....Can do, but I dun think it will be very useful as each one of us have different driving style. i.e If you gave me Hara's car I probably would'nt be able to handle it. What is more important is how the stock car with the factory setting will handle and then work from there bit by bit.

Problem is I've totally skipped the factory setting stage and gone with LW suspensions (settings based on what I've learned from the TA04) Oh, well maybe I could borrow a factory setting car and..... nahhh ! why spoilt the fun/surprise for you ?

I've heard from a buddy who has the car that this thing has even more steering than the TRF415MS ....For me, I'll only believe when I can see with my own eyes or feel with my own hands as his "more steering" is not the same as MINE "more steering" ....hope I'm making sense here
Old 07-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #475
Tech Addict

what are the differential pullies made of?

i've asked this before, not sure if there was an answer given. would you think the pullies can be fitted on to the 415?

Thanks in advance!
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #476
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower
I heard from a reliable source that the outdrives are very soft and will not hold up at all. Tamiya is already in the process of coming out with a hop-up for this!
I guess that's what they're calling the "High Precision Diffs", with the rings and all... I wonder if they'll be as expensive as the reinforced Evo III diffs..

Hey, Ghostfit.. will we need bridged-A suspension blocks for both front and back?

How's the slop in the parts? The steering system sure looks beefier than the TB-02's.

A problem with the TB-02 was that you couldn't shift the front arms all the way forward for a super-long wheelbase, or else the dogbones touched the sway bar holders.. is that still a problem? I kinda carved a bit of plastic out of those holders to at least get to the mid position, but all the way out was not going to happen...
Old 07-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #477
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

what trf415 suspension blocks do you prefer for the TA05 for asphault racing?
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #478
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer
what are the differential pullies made of?

i've asked this before, not sure if there was an answer given. would you think the pullies can be fitted on to the 415?

Thanks in advance!
Yes they fit
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:30 PM   #479
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Hey, Ghostfit.. will we need bridged-A suspension blocks for both front and back?

How's the slop in the parts? The steering system sure looks beefier than the TB-02's.

A problem with the TB-02 was that you couldn't shift the front arms all the way forward for a super-long wheelbase, or else the dogbones touched the sway bar holders.. is that still a problem? I kinda carved a bit of plastic out of those holders to at least get to the mid position, but all the way out was not going to happen...
A bridged suspension block would be first choice, however the latest non-bridged TRF415 blocks comes with a couple of spacers which my Local distributor says can fit into the TA05 by inverting the block and adding the spacers under the mounting holes. I would have tried this but he only had D, xA, xB, xC and xD blocks, what I needed was 3 As and a C.

Not just beefier but smoother too ! parts fit was alot better, felt more like building a High end car than a standard Tamiya kit (or maybee I was aredi stoned out from lack of sleep ! )

Should be finishing the building and adding the electronics tonight, just hope I dun fall asleep again (like last night) and wake up with a soldering iron fused to my face !
Old 07-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #480
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default TA05 sightings found in USofA!

Tamiya fanatics found in US of A! It's ironic that this people came from the land of the Philippines where a majority of Tamiya items are made. Woo hoo!
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-cimg0415.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-cimg0416.jpg