R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 05-27-2006, 07:45 AM   #4156
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Maiden voyage!!!!!

Ran my TA-05 today and I have a good run. even with a old tire. The car is easy to drive and more forgiving.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #4157
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

I was told by a Tamiya rep that the blue belts are the same material as the regular Aramid belts, just with blue coloring in them. I have been running mine since they were released, I think in late Decmeber and they are like new. That's running 19t on carpet and asphalt.

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #4158
Tech Champion

I also understand that the lightened center shaft that will be released on May 31st no longer uses the "C" clips.

I did run my 05 with a CO27 a couple of times and I wound up at 104/31-32 for a medium track with rubber.

Old 05-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #4159
Tech Regular

for a co27 i used 100/33 for rubber tire on carpet with a 100foot straight.

the aramid belts seem hold up fine. i've not heard of any unusual wear. have you checked to see that your tensioner is indexed evenly on both sides?
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:46 AM   #4160
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

Quote:
I also understand that the lightened center shaft that will be released on May 31st no longer uses the "C" clips.
thank god for that

Quote:
I did run my 05 with a CO27 a couple of times and I wound up at 104/31-32 for a medium track with rubber.
thanks you for that mate i will give that gearing ago

many thanks ash
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #4161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIVIC91
I was told by a Tamiya rep that the blue belts are the same material as the regular Aramid belts, just with blue coloring in them. I have been running mine since they were released, I think in late Decmeber and they are like new. That's running 19t on carpet and asphalt.
what's your gearing for 19t rubber?
Just ran mine today it seems undergeared, I was running 100/31 and tried 96/31 on a chameleon motor.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:40 PM   #4162
Tech Elite

Tao5 users ou there....

I ran my Tao5 with stock spur gear (70t) and 24 teath pinion (metric), I use 23t tamiya type s motor...For some reason the motor gets really hot... i cant even get the punch i want.I checked all posible binding but the drive train is smooth as silk. Is it posible thati over geared my pretious kit?? If this is the case could anyone hjelp me with a proper gearing?? Thanks in advance...
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #4163
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut
Tao5 users ou there....

I ran my Tao5 with stock spur gear (70t) and 24 teath pinion (metric), I use 23t tamiya type s motor...For some reason the motor gets really hot... i cant even get the punch i want.I checked all posible binding but the drive train is smooth as silk. Is it posible thati over geared my pretious kit?? If this is the case could anyone hjelp me with a proper gearing?? Thanks in advance...
Told you at the track I think there's something wrong. Maybe you need to cut the comm or change brush. One thing is your gearing is too low(undergeared). With 23turns you can go for 5.8 to 6.2 gear ratio. With your gear ratio now you're around 6.56. Your motor is always at max rpm and that will heat up your motor just like if it was overgeared.
Switch to spur 105T 0.4 module and try a 38-40 pinion. Thats ok for the track you run in.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:43 AM   #4164
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman
Told you at the track I think there's something wrong. Maybe you need to cut the comm or change brush. One thing is your gearing is too low(undergeared). With 23turns you can go for 5.8 to 6.2 gear ratio. With your gear ratio now you're around 6.56. Your motor is always at max rpm and that will heat up your motor just like if it was overgeared.
Switch to spur 105T 0.4 module and try a 38-40 pinion. Thats ok for the track you run in.
Nothings wrong with the motor, fresh brush and comm.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:33 AM   #4165
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut
Nothings wrong with the motor, fresh brush and comm.
Hmm..then why did we all have the same speed? Me and the other guy were using black cans only. Must be your motor if the drivetrain is free.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:22 AM   #4166
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman
Hmm..then why did we all have the same speed? Me and the other guy were using black cans only. Must be your motor if the drivetrain is free.
Maybe my gearings, the motor cant breath and its steaming hot after each pack. Its either overgear or undergear
Old 05-29-2006, 06:37 AM   #4167
Tech Champion

You know I keep hearing people telling others to run 5.5-6.2 final drive for 19 turn class, but I have never had any success being anywhere near that gearing. I have probably a dozen 19 turn motors and most of them are Chameleon 2s and if I go below 6.70 on any of these motors, they get hot and the car slows after the 3 minute mark. The only time I ever dip below that gearing is on one of te local monster 180ft backstraight tracks. I like to keep my motors in the 120-130 deg range and most of the time on a medium track 75x125 I run around 7-7.10. Now I am by no means near a "sponsered driver" but I do pretty well at local level. And I think if you asked my fellow racers if I was undergeard, most would say not at all. I have never felt undergeared. Now take this with a grain of salt, but maybe try running closer to 6.80-7.00 and I bet you will have a fast car with tons of torque and the motor will come off the track warm, not scalding. Here is a basic gearing chart.

I run a 104 spur. You can run a 106, but I don't like how close it is to the ground.

27T Class:

Monster 104/29-31
CO27 104/30-32

19T Class
Chameleon 1/2 104/32-34
Komodo 104/30-32

Now for 23turn class I have no idea, never ran it. But at a national level they run it similar to a Johnson silver can 540 gearing. I probably would start around a 6.0 and work down

Old 05-29-2006, 08:20 AM   #4168
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=axle182]LOL nah, two reasons Dan, they never get off their bum and answer my emails plus they run the 3 racing chassis. Mine is all fine Tamiya parts . Tell em i said HEY! too. They better be saving for the IIC '07!

Spank me! You only ever sent one email and we only ran 3 racing because they were available, our Tamiya carbon is on its way!
PS Leaving for the US - Canada next week, not sure if I will make it to Alberta will give you a call when I get close. Who is the contact for IIC in Vegas? While I'm there I might as well check the place out.
Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #4169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
LOL nah, two reasons Dan, they never get off their bum and answer my emails plus they run the 3 racing chassis. Mine is all fine Tamiya parts . Tell em i said HEY! too. They better be saving for the IIC '07!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe
Spank me! You only ever sent one email and we only ran 3 racing because they were available, our Tamiya carbon is on its way!
PS Leaving for the US - Canada next week, not sure if I will make it to Alberta will give you a call when I get close. Who is the contact for IIC in Vegas? While I'm there I might as well check the place out.
Hahahah, you two better hug or something, don't want to break up a email fight!

Steptoe, this is the link you need for IIC: IIC linkage

Oh, btw, those setup sheets for the TA05 didnt come through either on my email.

Axle! Waddup? TRF Shockies?

Got some photos of my bling 05 to put up soon! Can't wait to run it this Sunday!

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #4170
Tech Elite

Civic91
Tnx sir!!!