Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 05-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #4141
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Ahh, will my wallet ever stop burning??

RC Carbon Rein. Damper Stay - TA05 - Item 49388 - Apparently the carbon ones aren't good enough??
RC TA05 Bulkhead - Clear Blue - Item 49390
RC TA05 Up Brace F/R - Clear Blue - Item 49391
RC 5x5mm Alum Ball Connector - Hex Head - Item 53906 - Ah, no more grub screws, these'll be great for our upper link adjustments.. just chop off the top of the ballcups.
RC 5x8mm Alum Ball Connector - Hex Head - Item 53907
RC On Road Hard Spring - Milky Blue - Item 49389 - How strong will these be? Geared for Foam carpet racing, maybe?
im thinking the new shock towers will be the same as the original plastic ones (same holes and shape) BUT its made out of the carbon reinforced plastic. i dont think this will be a reinforced carbon fiber version. (if that makes sense?)

think original plastic shock towers but carbon reinforced.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #4142
Tech Initiate

hey guys did any of you guys check how fast the Novak 4.5r motor on the Ta-05???I just want to know whats the fast MPH on the car....
kidrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 PM   #4143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182

Anyone have advice when to run the LWS kit? Does it make the car better for carpet or asphalt? Any advice on the LWS would be great thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #4144
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

Unless your running rubber tires on carpet, stick to the stock suspension. I've even been running it outside and the stock suspension still rocks. I don't plan on spending near $100 plus spares to go maybe .1 or .2 seconds a lap faster...plus it is more prone to break.

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:00 PM   #4145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
Anyone have advice when to run the LWS kit? Does it make the car better for carpet or asphalt? Any advice on the LWS would be great thanks

Do you want me to ask Jim and Joseph, Axle?

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #4146
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIVIC91
Unless your running rubber tires on carpet, stick to the stock suspension. I've even been running it outside and the stock suspension still rocks. I don't plan on spending near $100 plus spares to go maybe .1 or .2 seconds a lap faster...plus it is more prone to break.
i agree with civic91 that the stock suspension rocks, i've been very competitive with it. however, i recently installed the lw suspension and saved a TON of weight. almost 40 grams i think. the car feels very responsive.

not only are the arms, caster blocks, and uprights lighter, but the bearings are smaller and the axles are shorter -- less metal means less weight. the trade off, as civic91 mentioned is that its probably more fragile. i haven't broken anything yet, but it stands to reason.

does it make a difference? yes. is it worth the high price?? hard to say.
if your wallet is burning a hole in your pocket, its better than buying parts that are only bling
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #4147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Type B3 tires are similar to....? RP30s? CS32? Just wondering.
If not what in the Tamiya line of tires is?

Last edited by Isaac; 05-25-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:29 AM   #4148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any hot set-up for tao5??? I recently got this kit and it handles great and i like it!!!
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:38 AM   #4149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMIYAMANUK
just look and these bling bling bits they would also look dam nice in clear as well.

sweeeeettt!!! but is it tough??? I never thought that tao5 had so much hop-ups!!!!

Does the carbon battery holder is for tao5??? or for other tamiya kit???
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:02 AM   #4150
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum
i agree with civic91 that the stock suspension rocks, i've been very competitive with it. however, i recently installed the lw suspension and saved a TON of weight. almost 40 grams i think. the car feels very responsive. :
with the lt weight sus what length drive shaft/swing shaft do you have to use? in the manual it says 48mm, but my lhs has the 46mm in stock, will these work ok i'm just too impatient to wait for the others to be ordered in.
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #4151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Depends on the suspension blocks you use..

If you have the stock ones, or 1A's, you can use 46mm, but the fronts may pop out with a hard hit.. they recommend 48mm for a secure fit. Also, high-precision diffs will help keep the 46mm's in better than the stock diffs.

If you have XC or XD blocks, 46mm will be fine, 48mm MAY actually be too long..

If you have the longer 1C or 1D blocks, you're certainly going to need 48mm.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #4152
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Do you want me to ask Jim and Joseph, Axle?
LOL nah, two reasons Dan, they never get off their bum and answer my emails plus they run the 3 racing chassis. Mine is all fine Tamiya parts . Tell em i said HEY! too. They better be saving for the IIC '07!

I do remember one of the 415 guys saying the LWS suspension is good for one but not the other... but as usual, i forgot which

Quantum, your right about the weight, its a big difference. I put mine together with a new screw kit (Ti), LWS and the carbon chassis parts. I have almost a complete std TA05 now for parts... the std chassis might be good for a very bumpy track... hmmm

$$$..., im using the 46mm shafts. the back of the LWS box suggests using the 48mm ones. The 48's would put the shaft closer to the inside of the cups, but the 46's sit almost central in the cups, so i cant see the 46's being a problem.

Isaac, Havent has alot to do with the Type B3's, but i think the Type A's are the closest i think. others will have to elaborate on that.

As for the blue plastic... not a fan. Looks like something from a mini z! I think the blue has gone a bit far on that one lol. Cant see it being as strong as the carbon set (mine is very rigid ). Anyone heard anymore about the blue belts? i heard too many storied of them being very weak and not lasting long before falling apart? Ill stick to my aramid belts
Old 05-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #4153
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
Depends on the suspension blocks you use..

If you have the stock ones, or 1A's, you can use 46mm, but the fronts may pop out with a hard hit.. they recommend 48mm for a secure fit. Also, high-precision diffs will help keep the 46mm's in better than the stock diffs.

If you have XC or XD blocks, 46mm will be fine, 48mm MAY actually be too long..

If you have the longer 1C or 1D blocks, you're certainly going to need 48mm.
well there you go lol. Im using 1A-1A at the front, and 1A-1C at the rear. fit totally fine and are about 1-2mm away from the blue diff rings. Will be good to see what the car will do now it has all the good bits on it
Old 05-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #4154
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
I've been running LWS on my daughters TB02 and my EvoIV for about 12 months now and had many serious hits, most times without any damage to LWS, but sometimes, well, you can't keep banging "parts corner" and the light pole at Ryper without something breaking eventually.

BTW Dan you missed my excellent stack on Tuesday night. 2nd lap, clipped the inner pipe going thru the middle S. Sheared off a aliminium ball connector.
Rob "The Hack" and Aaron both did 28 laps of PRECC, Rob (28/ 5m6.197s ) with Aaron 2.5 seconds behind.
waOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #4155
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

Quote:
Anyone heard anymore about the blue belts? i heard too many storied of them being very weak and not lasting long before falling apart? Ill stick to my aramid belts
i have been using my blue belts for the past 3-4 months and no sign of wear yet all seems a ok for me, also just woundering if tamiya are going to release a centre shaft without them DAMMMMMM E-clips on because they are hard to get off but when you do get them the fling off and land somewhere and you will never find the dam thing.

another quick question just need some help with gearing the TA-05 with a CO-27 just a good all round gearing?

Kind regards ash
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote