Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #3916
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampal
Hey Slotmachine, 15 bucks for an Aluminium Screw set for the TA05? Where? I've seen the titanium one (#49360 around 40 bucks) on eBay, but no aluminium and I need to take weight off the TA05.... right now it is heavier than my TT01 hopped up!!! However, they cannot be compared, the 05 is amazingly smoother than my tt01 AND my Mission!! To take some weight off (I already have TRF shocks and sway bars) I'm thinking on:
- carbon shock stays
- carbon battery plate
- aluminum turnbuckles
Do you think that with help to take let's say around 60 grams off? I plan to buy a Futaba s9550 servo that is 15 grams heavier than my current one

Finally, is the #49360 an metric hex set? 2mm driver??

thanks a lot, cheers,
Hangar 9 sells Titanium turn buckles for $5.00 a pair many sizes to choose from...........
Old 04-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #3917
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Hangar 9 sells Titanium turn buckles for $5.00 a pair many sizes to choose from...........
who, where , what is hangar 9, more info please.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 PM   #3918
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
who, where , what is hangar 9, more info please.
Go HERE They are 4/40 size but I think that is what I bought also just shorten them to the stock length..................
Old 04-21-2006, 02:54 AM   #3919
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

heres a pic of my 05 after the A final last few laps of the race here in the uk after there was a pile up on the corner before the main straight a losi jrxs pulls out after the pile up and SMASH, i hit him and split his shock tower and i crack my chassis.

TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:25 AM   #3920
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Go HERE They are 4/40 size but I think that is what I bought also just shorten them to the stock length..................
Slotm.,if you don't mind, what particular lenght did you get? tnx in advance and hope to race in MD next month/.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 AM   #3921
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tamiyamanuk,It's hard to see where the crack is in your chassis, were you wearing your vibrating pants when you took the photo?? J/K ,I noticed you use the stock springs,what are your track conditions like??--Al
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #3922
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
Slot.,if you don't mind, what particular length did you get? tnx in advance and hope to race in MD next month/.
I bought the 1 1/2" ones , then I cut them down to stock length with a cut off wheel . I f you are having trouble with the ball cups popping off , get the 3 Racing Titanium ball studs, I have not had a link pop off ever.
Paul.............
Old 04-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #3923
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Weight saving

Anyone know what's weight difference between Xenon carbon fiber chassis and Tamiya carbon reinforcement chassis? I believe CF is lighter but don't know how light it's.

Thanks
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #3924
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

A TCS race is coming up for the outdoors, on an uneven, bumpy, likely sugar-watered concrete/cement parking lot.. it was pretty low-grip last year.. should I keep the original tub for its extra flex, or try the carbon one?

Would a turnbuckle from the motor mount to the rear brace help in any way?

I'll use A's if it's cold, or a set of B's I have should it warm up..

Any suggestions for springs/sway/diff/oneways? I'll have the standard suspension.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #3925
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
A TCS race is coming up for the outdoors, on an uneven, bumpy, likely sugar-watered concrete/cement parking lot.. it was pretty low-grip last year.. should I keep the original tub for its extra flex, or try the carbon one? Thanks!
Yes stick with the stock for loose tracks..........

Quote:
Would a turnbuckle from the motor mount to the rear brace help in any way?
This would not be legal...........
Old 04-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #3926
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

a big al i was using my phone to take the picture ( i know crap photo) lol i will get a photo up soon with the cracked chassis but good that i had a spare lieing around, and with the stock springs its a great car sticks to the track like s**t amazing but it will do with pit shizmu D20 wet tyres lol. i stripped the belt in the front becasue it so how it slipped down the side of the centre one way???? so i got some blue belts in there, but when i crackd the chassis a least i did it in style and hit the losi JRXS

cheers ash
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:13 PM   #3927
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Even all-Tamiya turnbuckles, connectors and balls?

Dunno why they added those extra end-holes on the motor mount, if they weren't intended for attaching something..
Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #3928
Tech Champion

Quote:

I'll use A's if it's cold, or a set of B's I have should it warm up..

Any suggestions for springs/sway/diff/oneways? I'll have the standard suspension.

Thanks!
If really a loose track then I'll just add;
soft shocks (maybe red rear spring, yellow front), soft inserts with airgap(hpi yellows/ Tamiya greens), long upper link settings, less droop in back then the front, no sway bars (front sway bar if you need even less front grip), spool or diff. Basically you need to let the chassis roll in the corners to generate grip on the outside tires hence the soft set up and long upper links. Everything else run as stock setting.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #3929
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Even all-Tamiya turnbuckles, connectors and balls?

Dunno why they added those extra end-holes on the motor mount, if they weren't intended for attaching something..
I'm not sure if this is TCS legal, but my TA05 is mod specially for low traction condition = flex chassis.

Stock chassis, front and rear brace cutoff, some reinforced rib milled out. Super flex chassis (maybe too flex... )
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dsc02419s.jpg  
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:10 AM   #3930
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, I intend to run the gt3 class (silver can) when TCS comes my way. I've heard quite a few people talk about a four hole Johnson motor. Are the holes the slots near the endbell, because I think I've got one. What's the big deal/difference with it?? I'm gonna strap it to my ta05 for the June TCS here. Thanks--Al
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote