Old 03-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Formula1fan
Where can I get a blank set up sheet?
http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...up%20sheet.pdf
Old 03-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I managed to run my TA05 with the new carbon lower deck and stiffeners. I can safely say that the car does feel quicker in the corners, its hard to say if it felt any quicker in a straightline due to running in open class with a stock motor (everone else in my heat was running mods). I ran exactly the same setup as on my old chassis and I did have a slight bit of oversteer on highspeed corners and when coming out of the sweeper. When I got home on closer inspection I found that my droop settings was 3mm front and 4mm rear, I don't know how that happened as I normaly run 5mm front, which should counteract my oversteer problem. I guess I was just too eager to get it on the track. I have got 2 race meets next week so I will post up any findings I have, whether or not the new chassis is quicker or the fact that I new I had the blue belts in the car that made it quicker
Old 03-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

was that on asphalt or carpet ? Foams or rubbers ?
Old 03-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

TY
Old 03-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Izzy... your car was good today... Oh wait, that was my 05... I think I now how to get your car to handle... Your suspension setup is a bit stiff and the new stiffer chassis just made it worse. Try softening everything (oil, springs, shock mount position)... hopefully it works for Sats race.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm checking some TITC06 photo, guess what I found...
http://sudacolumn.cocolog-nifty.com/...P1040298_2.JPG
Marc's 415MSX.. seems using TA05 center pulley, so does front/rear pulley...

Photo from Suda: http://sudacolumn.cocolog-nifty.com/typer/
Old 03-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default pics

Originally Posted by ttso

looks like a new steering assembly for the msx as well

as for the ta05 pulleys... my guess is that it reduces rotating mass over the aluminum ones... that and the fdr was better for that track perhaps
Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

has anyone ever used a 3racing or kawada chassis yet? any feedback? I'm really dissapointed with the carbon tub chassis from tamiya-- I'm already thinking of trading my 05 to a 415
Old 03-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
has anyone ever used a 3racing or kawada chassis yet? any feedback? I'm really dissapointed with the carbon tub chassis from tamiya-- I'm already thinking of trading my 05 to a 415
Why?

If your that disappointed with the carbon chassis, why not just go back to the standard chassis? Or go to one of the aftermarket carbon plate chassis?

Of course, to each his own...but it just seems odd to give up on a car because the hop up chassis didn't turn out perfect off the molding machine. I understand you paid for it, so you expect it to be right, I hear you all the way on that. But in all my years in RC, and all the different cars I've owned, I can probably count the perfectly true chassis that I've seen on maybe...maybe...three fingers. That includes tubs and plates...And I've never really noticed a handling drawback.

And I haven't quite seen what it is that impresses people so much with the 415 that has them always thinking of switching to it...its an excellent car in the hands of their team drivers, but in the hands of most regular racers, it doesn't seem any more impressive than a equally well set up TA05.

Did you have any luck with contacting TamiyaUSA about the chassis?

Hopefully, it'll all work out for you.

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-05-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttso

Wow, look at all the weight he has to slap on there!

Which again goes back to why people care so much about the weight of cars. If everybody has to end up at the same place anyway, does it matter if its natural weight, or if its ugly weights slapped and stacked on the car?

The argument used to be that, with weights, you could add the weight exactly where you want it, but look at that pic...with this new generation of super narrow chassis, its not about putting it where you want it, its about putting it where ever you can find room.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Got to give the TA05 it's due's, took my three older kids to have a play with their TC's in a local carpark, I took my TB-02 Drifter with me, my daughter had her TA-05 and my one son had his Mission, geared the same, silver can motor, same electrics on 3300 cells, I thought, two packs would cover about an hours use.... I was so wrong... my daughters TA-05 was still going even after my drift car had dumped... I think I times it at about 40 mins, not joking, I ended up packing stuff away on the second pack.... car must of been on the move for about 90 mins on two packs!!!!! Far more efficient than the Mission.

On another positive, the car handled well enough in stock configuration (except 3Racing front CVD's) for my daughter who had never driven anything more than an XMOD and my 6yr old son who has also played with XMODS, the car just handled real nice, even on the stock rubber.

As for the weight, if I get to the point of adding weight, it can go down the centre line of the carbon chassis.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

do you think tamiya will make a ta-05r kit?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i am currently running the 3racing chassis....thought it handled well if not better after some setup....the tamiya tub allows flexing hence its more forgiving to setup, the 3 racing chassis just requires a bit more attention to shock setup.....and its pretty tough and stiff...i am running it with GTB5.5.........maybe i m not that pro but i am definately enjoying driving it right now.

some guys says its not justifiable to spend so much to hop-up the car or just get a 415msx,...but it just feels good on my part to slowly mod up the car...a different kind of satisfaction, i have an fk05 ,it drives well,BUT its at a corner in the room,totally isolated!

GUESS the ALLURE of TAMIYA/TRF is too strong to resist. LIke my friend says,
they really know how to capture our HEARTS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.