R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 03-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #3241
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

With the TA04 chassis we put it in the freezer, and it help remove the tweak.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #3242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
ok, now I have to take everything apart again and put it in the freezer.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #3243
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer
I got to put together my stiff stuff, and i concur this sucker is tweaked! Oh well... I drive tweak anyway so it should complement. I'll contact Fred.
Izzy, why contact Fred? It will just upset him that you bought more TA05 stuff from outside the TamiyaUSA network.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #3244
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anybody knows if RC_champ issues refund or replacement?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #3245
Tech Master

Quote:

for how long?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #3246
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtea
Does anybody knows if RC_champ issues refund or replacement?

I don't know, but if its a product defect, then Tamiya themselves would probably be the people to talk to.

Just a guess though, I've never tried to do it.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #3247
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

My chassis was flat as can be.

I would think Tamiya USA could help...it is still the same company regardless of where you buy it. Tell them if they got the stuff sooner than 6 weeks after Japan did, then we'd get it locally!

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #3248
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIVIC91
My chassis was flat as can be.
The first thing I did was put mine down on a table and check it, I didn't notice any rocking at all.

Like I said, the only think I noticed was that I had to slightly adjust my droop screw on the front left side.

But that could have been from something else changing while I had the car disassembled.

But the chassis itself seemed true.

But I would have to think that Tamiya would try to help people if theirs isn't...
Old 03-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #3249
Tech Elite

Quote:
Izzy, why contact Fred? It will just upset him that you bought more TA05 stuff from outside the TamiyaUSA network.
Tamiya is Tamiya... as far as I am concerned, and Fred does not get upset over us buying in Japan, he understands the changing market. He voices out his issues to the top and they are aware with what is going on. I highly doubt he takes things personally, You can call it Gray market Blue Market or Whatever Market it is, but the fact remains that we spend thousands a year in this hobby and we do our best to get as much as we can for what we pay for. I should not made feel guilty for buying through RC Champ. The bottom line is there prices are cheaper even with shipping and we get it sooner and the service is fast.

I think Fred would appreciate it if we give him a heads up on the situation, maybe he can do something about it and make a call to Tamiya and take care of the issue right away.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #3250
Tech Master

Quote:
Tamiya is Tamiya... as far as I am concerned, and Fred does not get upset over us buying in Japan, he understands the changing market. He voices out his issues to the top and they are aware with what is going on. I highly doubt he takes things personally, You can call it Gray market Blue Market or Whatever Market it is, but the fact remains that we spend thousands a year in this hobby and we do our best to get as much as we can for what we pay for. I should not made feel guilty for buying through RC Champ. The bottom line is there prices are cheaper even with shipping and we get it sooner and the service is fast.

I think Fred would appreciate it if we give him a heads up on the situation, maybe he can do something about it and make a call to Tamiya and take care of the issue right away.

I second that>>>>>>
Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #3251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
for how long?
If I remember correctly I left it overnight.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #3252
Tech Master

Quote:

Izzy I agree and disagree.
here is why I say that.
we are consumers. and we have budjets. I understand the buy more with what you got, and get it first.
But if none of us race TCS in the states. There needs to be no money to pay for it. The big picture is this. The profits from Tamiyausa does go into the same pocket as Tamiya Japan. (that is if there are profits from RC sales) but none the less TCS in the US needs to pay for it's self from the sales in the US market.
And why should the money I spend on tamiya parts from US distributors that get ALL thier tamiya parts from TamiyaUSA. Why should I pay for a person (that buys all his tamiya parts from japan) go to japan to race worlds? Tamiya Japan doesn't foot the bill for a person to go to Japan. Tamiya USA does.

As for that Fred doesn't take it personally. I bet he does. His job depends on YOUR purchases. If you ask I bet he says he doesn't, but he is a racer, and the TCS guys are his racers, almost family. (like TAOB is family)

Don't get me wrong either. I do buy from Japan. But I also have a vested intrest in our track, so I will buy almost everything I can from the track, and I will get stuff from Japan that is really hard to find in the US. like the Ferrari F40, Mazada 787B, group C bodies & parts, Toyota Supra ESSO bodies, B tires with wheels, or Kawada, or Tobee craft, or Square, and or Atlas items.
Sorry for the soap box. But WE all need to do a better job of supporting the US market, And the hobby shops at the tracks we race at.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #3253
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

im just curious.. but will we actually feel the 1mm tweak on low, medium bite asphalt running rubber tires?

i know you'll feel it on high bite foam, CRC carpet racing 7T mod racing..... but not sure if you'll feel that on asphalt. i only use my TA05 in stock and silver can.

but i think that most TA05 runners use it with a 19T (at most?), stock or silver can.... i say run the car first (i bet mine is tweaked also ) and see if the stiffer chassis is better suited to your driving style then worry about the tweak afterwards. and im sure your LHS will be more than happy to refund/exchange your chassis. (but they're in demand, do you really want to wait? )

dont mind me.. im rambling. cheethae.. havent forgotten about your PM bro. ill send you something soon
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #3254
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Izzy I agree and disagree.
here is why I say that.
we are consumers. and we have budjets. I understand the buy more with what you got, and get it first.
But if none of us race TCS in the states. There needs to be no money to pay for it. The big picture is this. The profits from Tamiyausa does go into the same pocket as Tamiya Japan. (that is if there are profits from RC sales) but none the less TCS in the US needs to pay for it's self from the sales in the US market.
And why should the money I spend on tamiya parts from US distributors that get ALL thier tamiya parts from TamiyaUSA. Why should I pay for a person (that buys all his tamiya parts from japan) go to japan to race worlds? Tamiya Japan doesn't foot the bill for a person to go to Japan. Tamiya USA does.

As for that Fred doesn't take it personally. I bet he does. His job depends on YOUR purchases. If you ask I bet he says he doesn't, but he is a racer, and the TCS guys are his racers, almost family. (like TAOB is family)

Don't get me wrong either. I do buy from Japan. But I also have a vested intrest in our track, so I will buy almost everything I can from the track, and I will get stuff from Japan that is really hard to find in the US. like the Ferrari F40, Mazada 787B, group C bodies & parts, Toyota Supra ESSO bodies, B tires with wheels, or Kawada, or Tobee craft, or Square, and or Atlas items.
Sorry for the soap box. But WE all need to do a better job of supporting the US market, And the hobby shops at the tracks we race at.
yup.. izzy is definitely family. cus me and him argue like we're brothers! right izzy?

troy.. called you yesterday. got your vmail. give me a ring today if you can, thanks dude

www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #3255
Tech Elite

tamiyarcracer,

I understand your analogy, but I think you are being hypocritic. Don't get me wrong, you are trying to protect the Tamiya US market but you also buy out of the US??? I also buy Tamiya stuff in the US market, if it satisfies my personal agenda. You really are as guilty as I am if you call it guilt.

Me buying Tamiya products does not depend on TCS. I have been buying there products since I was a little kid. Heck, Tamiya Philippines is located in my town of Cebu in Mactan. Wait a minute, maybe I should start crying about how Tamiya Philippines is probably paying my countryman or woman back home 10 and that is in philippine currency to put stickers and paint the bodies so that they can sell it for $50.00 overhere. Get my drift!
But I don't cry about it because it is how it is... the global way of doing business.

TCS is a race for everyone, not just people here in the US of A. What about if we have foreigners from othe countries who wants to join the series, do we ban those just because they do not support our good all US of A?
The main rule of TCS is to run a Tamiya product, regardless where it comes from.

I am not Fred, but if he is upset regarding this matter, shame on him. This argument is really old and unfounded. If they are concern about it, what they need to do is talk to those retailers in Japan and ban them or something to protect the US market.

Anyway, sorry to crap up the TA05 thread, but this matter is done as far as I am concerned. So let's get back to the question why, a great company such as Tamiya can't keep a chassis straight!