R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #3061
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Interesting changes to the LW Suspension kit coming out..

Alerations to #53794 now allow a lightweight reversible suspension system to be added to the TA05 chassis as well as the TB-02 and TA04. Newly added parts include #53823 Clamp Type Aluminum Wheel Hub (5mm) and #53825 TB Evolution IV 2.6 Stainless Suspension Shaft Set.

The following parts have been removed: #53501, #53502 <42mm front and rear swing shafts>, #51098, #51099 <2.6mm screw pins>.
*Note that swing shaft is not included and must be purchased separately according to the chassis used.

So they dropped the screw pins, and put the regular 2.6mm shafts in.. are they just handier, or is it because the screw pins tapped into the plastic which caused easier breakage?

I know they say that you'd want 48mm swing shafts for this kit, but I have 46mm swings with XD/XC mounts and the regular suspension, and they're literally mashing the half-cut urethane bushings into the diff screw hole, they're so close.. Also, when I was using the regular dogbones, I had to take those rubber o-rings out from the axles, it was so tight..

It still includes bearings and the Evo IV axles, right?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #3062
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
I was just taking a look back at the spring chart posted by Linger, and came to an interesting realization. I had one of my best runs with my car last Saturday, and I just realised that I was actually running stiffer springs in the rear than I was up front.

I was running:

-Blue short (front)/Yellow (rear)

but I wanted to go a little stiffer in the back, so after glancing at the chart, I threw the kit silvers on the back.

So then I ended up with:

-Blue short(front)/Silver(rear)

And the car handled very much to my liking. Now I see that the kit Silvers are actually stiffer than the Blue shorts. Wow...

I've run stiffer in the rear on cars before, particularly on my old Corally's, but didn't think it was something that would work with this car. I plan on trying White short (front)/Blue Short(rear) on my next outing, but I'll definitely keep my 'mistake' setup in mind, especially considering how well it handled for me.
Its good you found this out. We have been running harder rear springs in asphalt nitro for a long time, it works great to get more steering into a car.........
Old 02-15-2006, 02:05 PM   #3063
Tech Initiate

anyone, have you tried running your TA05 with foams on carpet? What is your basic settings for this?

thanx
leadacid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #3064
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz

Alerations to #53794 now allow a lightweight reversible suspension system to be added to the TA05 chassis as well as the TB-02 and TA04. Newly added parts include #53823 Clamp Type Aluminum Wheel Hub (5mm) and #53825 TB Evolution IV 2.6 Stainless Suspension Shaft Set.

The following parts have been removed: #53501, #53502 <42mm front and rear swing shafts>, #51098, #51099 <2.6mm screw pins>.
*Note that swing shaft is not included and must be purchased separately according to the chassis used.

So they dropped the screw pins, and put the regular 2.6mm shafts in.. are they just handier, or is it because the screw pins tapped into the plastic which caused easier breakage?

I know they say that you'd want 48mm swing shafts for this kit, but I have 46mm swings with XD/XC mounts and the regular suspension, and they're literally mashing the half-cut urethane bushings into the diff screw hole, they're so close.. Also, when I was using the regular dogbones, I had to take those rubber o-rings out from the axles, it was so tight..

Yes, it comes with the ball bearings.
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #3065
Tech Apprentice

could any one post there setup sheets to see there different setups etc
cheers ash
ashrc18TA05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #3066
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
Anybody having trouble with the front ball cups popping off quite easilly? I know the obvious solution to this would be to not hit anything but still to me its a little too easy to pop them off.
The black ball cups that come with the car is quite soft. Unless you are very consistant and not hit anything, they will pop off.
Switch to the grey ones(maybe someone can find the part no), they are very strong and smooth. Haven't had one pop off yet and I've been using them since I was using the EVO3.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #3067
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashrc18TA05
could any one post there setup sheets to see there different setups etc
cheers ash
U need to give out more info on track type, class, etc. before most people will respond. No point in giving wrong setup for wrong conditions.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #3068
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYXTYPLYX
U need to give out more info on track type, class, etc. before most people will respond. No point in giving wrong setup for wrong conditions.
Hi Doc
I think the guy wanted ALL the condition tracks set up Com on give it to him honey
Old 02-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #3069
Tech Addict

Just an update:

Since I've picked up this car back in Oct. this car has rarely seen the outside of the A main. In fact, between myself and rcspeedo, this car is usually in tq or fighting for it. This car has been winning a few races over much more expensive competitors.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging so much about the racer than congratulating the car. I just hold the radio.

I do have 1 problem, the car setup works so good, I've gotten lazy and not rebuild the car since it was 1st assembled.
I will have to put some wrench time on it before the TCS.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #3070
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
Hi Doc
I think the guy wanted ALL the condition tracks set up Com on give it to him honey
Franko,
Unless you picked up this car which I dont know about, what u doin on this tred?
See you at SIR for the TCS buddy. What u runnin?
Old 02-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #3071
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Franko,
Unless you picked up this car which I dont know about, what u doin on this tred?
Hey Doc Tamiya
So far the Tamiya ...Let see I still have the M03 ..that's it...I might end up trading my TC4 for TA05 ..I will know sometime after the 26 of Feb...I rather run the GT1...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #3072
OVA
Tech Champion

Quote:
Franko,
I spend alot of time working long hours .....Once a while I get to play my toy....
Ya know I'm getting the T2 tomorrow hopefully.....Cross my finger
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #3073
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

Any news on the new graphite parts release? I think the original date was Feb. 18th?

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:24 AM   #3074
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz

Not surprising they hit the outdrives, you're running the narrowest blocks. Besides with the LW you need 3/4mm longer dogbones than with the standard suspension so going from 46mm to 48mm they probably won't hit anymore.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #3075
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Sky

Is anyone using the aluminum upright 53687 with their stock suspension? I just got mine yesterday and found that the rear sway bar collars are rubbing the uprights.
Blue Sky is offline   Reply With Quote