Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MFLORES
Sup,

I tried the Satoshi set-up at Speedzone last Saturday. It doesn't work at that track.

The Dongski set-up still works best for Speedzone.

Save you the trouble.

Of course.... different place, different setup....
Why you wanna use Satoshi setup ?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:22 PM
sup
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MFLORES
Sup,

I tried the Satoshi set-up at Speedzone last Saturday. It doesn't work at that track.

The Dongski set-up still works best for Speedzone.

Save you the trouble.
thanks mark! my setup is similar to dongskie setup, but with blue springs and 45wt oil. ran this at jp track, i liked it! just dont know if this will be a good setup for speedzone though. aaron ran his cyclone at jp too, heavy understeer. his setup was for speedzone. hope to practice/race with you soon!

thanks slotmachine for the link.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sup

thanks slotmachine for the link.

No problem.............glad I could help.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

MFLORES / SUP : Yeah you should listen to Dongskie. he knows his shiz when it comes to speedzone and Tamiya !! i currently have white springs at the back and blue in front. It ran great last night. Dongskie and I had the track all to ourselves!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

here are pics of my 05!

pretty much bone stock....

- NOvak GT7
- Futaba 9451
- 23t katana motor
- Trf shocks
- alum hubs
- ....still waiting for lhs to stock other hop ups.

pic of the chassis

with ESSO ULTRAFLO SUPRA body...

with RIDE ACCORD body ....

Last edited by m i g v e a; 01-30-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Is that the new Tamiya Supra? How does it handle?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

westerdude, yes it is. Haven't tried it out on the track yet... but it definitely looks GOOD!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:02 AM
sup
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by m i g v e a
westerdude, yes it is. Haven't tried it out on the track yet... but it definitely looks GOOD!!!!
miguel, our lhs does not have the short white springs in stock right now. is your car setup the stock one? did you experience understeer at the 2nd to the last corner before the straight? just wondering, coz mine had heavy understeer at speedzone. but, when i installed the swaybars (swaybar setup of dong), it was replaced with little oversteer. maybe its my tires as i am using cs37s and med inserts.. will try sorex 36s when it wears out. see you at the tracks!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Has anybody run this car on carpet with foams? If so, how did you deal with the wheel width on the front around the camber ball stud? Thanks

Brant
Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi chaps,

Just bought the 3Racing rear suspension mount set (0' degrees) and it comes with what looks like a Carbon shim, am I right, and which end do you fit it?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

When you try it, if you remember, please PM me and let me know. It looks like a nice choice for a TCS body.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Has anybody run this car on carpet with foams? If so, how did you deal with the wheel width on the front around the camber ball stud? Thanks

Brant
Most people run the 6mm hex hubs to space the wheels out to maximum legal width. That takes care of most of the problem. In addition I took a little material off the front ball cups just to make sure that any 'non true' wheels I might mount up, wouldn't rub the ball cup.

Taking off material is easy. The ball cup plastic is soft. So a gental touch with a sharp X-acto knife is all that is needed. Try to shoot for a 45 degree angle, without cutting all the way through the ball cup.

Then you should have no clearance problems.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Most people run the 6mm hex hubs to space the wheels out to maximum legal width. That takes care of most of the problem. In addition I took a little material off the front ball cups just to make sure that any 'non true' wheels I might mount up, wouldn't rub the ball cup.

Taking off material is easy. The ball cup plastic is soft. So a gental touch with a sharp X-acto knife is all that is needed. Try to shoot for a 45 degree angle, without cutting all the way through the ball cup.

Then you should have no clearance problems.
In my panic to get my son's car ready at the track I shaved a lil off of the steering knucle to make the ball sit flush with the C hub. Then I did like you said and cut the top off of the ball cup and I still had issues. LOL So, I did all I knew to do and cut( in Darkseid tradition) off 2 mm of the inside of each tire and wheel. My son was running novice and with the silver can motor so the narrower front tires didn't hurt the car at all. I drove it some and the car handled very well straight out of the box. Stock springs and all! Very impressive little car! Especially for $130.00!!!!

Brant
Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant
I ussually cut the side of the front wheels, 3-4 mm. will not affect handling. just make sure when you cut it use a fresh xacto blade and that the wheel when mounted to the truer is turning AWAY from you. BE CAREFUL, but i's really easy. JUST BE SAFE>>>>>
Old 01-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheehtae
I ussually cut the side of the front wheels, 3-4 mm. will not affect handling. just make sure when you cut it use a fresh xacto blade and that the wheel when mounted to the truer is turning AWAY from you. BE CAREFUL, but i's really easy. JUST BE SAFE>>>>>
Thanks! That ended up being what I did to give the clearance needed.

Darkseid--What is the number for the 6mm hex's? Or doyou mean the aluminum ones? Thanks guys

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.