R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 01-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #2611
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroffBall
This is my EXACT problem as well... my 415 would be lightning fast at one track and poo at another it would take me a lot of work to get it dialed in. I'm hoping the 05 will allow me to get back to motor work and stop chasing my tail for a setup. I can't promote EA's stuff if my own motors arn't up to par. I rebuild and tune anywhere from 6-12 motors a week for people and that work has been severly suffering while I chase a setup for my 415.

Arghhhh 2 guy`s on the same planet
hope fully this will give EA confidence in us to get our arse`s in gear

i`ve been at club`s meets where i`m in the c`s & d`s unheard off a year ago regular A jobbie
used to get A @ nat`s aswell
i did expect some knock back in the driving but not this much

groffball
i don`t know about you ,but my performances does have a affect on sales @ track side
the guy`s see me down there & think `He`s got EAmotors, they must be bad ` (but luckiley i have some good drivers putting the results together )

will it weigh alot if it had the speed tech`s upgrades that steve`s on about

i`ve seen the 3Racing conversion for $90.00 aswell with all the bling bling blue
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:06 PM   #2612
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to Xcal Send a message via AIM to Xcal Send a message via MSN to Xcal

The thing i really like with the TA-05 is buying mod's where the TRF has most of the parts from factory.

There is nothing like buying a part, making it perform beter and going out and testing it and seeing how much beter it makes the car.

Also just looking at it and thinking how much beter it looks with the new Anodised or CF parts is worth it in itself
Xcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #2613
Tech Addict

I watched my buddy drive his 415 into the wall at full throttle on purpose last night!!!!! He is that frustrated with trying to get speed and handling out of that car. Never felt the need to do that with my 05.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #2614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've seen other people commit RCacide. SAD.. SAD..
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #2615
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerdude42
I watched my buddy drive his 415 into the wall at full throttle on purpose last night!!!!! He is that frustrated with trying to get speed and handling out of that car. Never felt the need to do that with my 05.
My wife just took a rare peek over my shoulder and looked at your avatar and said............WHAT IN THE HELL KIND OF ANIMAL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! So to satisfy my wife, what is it?
Paul
Old 01-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #2616
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
ouch!

TA05 will only get lighter when the new graphite/carbon tub comes out. its 30grams lighter and stiffer. car does have alot of grip for those that race outdoor asphalt.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #2617
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to warren_s
Smile

G'Day TA05 drivers

I race on and outdoor asphalt track 27T stock. Last year I raced my TA04 Pro with all the hop up and the car did well but could not get better than 3rd on an average. The other cars like the TC4, TRF 415 and Xrays just did laps around me. The Ta04 pro had the speed but I couldn't get the setup right for the corners. Over the Christmas break I got the ta05. The only upgrade I have done is used my TRF shocks. On wednesday night we raced the last round on a christmas cup and was very happy with it. Constantly up in the front. I found the car is very easy drive. The setup out of the box with a little bit on neg camber. The car reacted well which allowed me put the car in good places on the track, which in turn allowed me to attack and defend my lead. Had a great time and I can't wait to start getting the best setup for my track. I think the key is to have a smooth drive line. I will be upgrading to Aramid belts, universal joint all round, High Precision Diff Joints and the high precision centre pully bush, aluminum racing steering set. I will keep you all up to date with the mod and adjustment.

Any with racing on asphalt would be great.

Warren from Townsville Australia.
MBX5R - noisy bugger / SC10 / T4 x2
warren_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #2618
Tech Fanatic

So does the TA-05 have a chance at being the next flagship tourer for Tamiya. Do you think we will ever see it in an A main at a big event! Im itchin for another car! Especialy one with so much hop up potential. I am starting to think i like building and modifying the cars more than the driving.
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #2619
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
I totally agree. BUT... i cant get past the fact that for me, it weighs alot more. we had a GTB setup in my 415 and a stock setup with small electronics in the 05, and the 415 was noticebly lighter, so for me thats the reason for running my 415.
IMO all your doing with that view is crippling yourself. I mean how can final weight be the determining factor in what car to drive? I mean after all, at any big race (even non sactioned ones) most places have a weight minimum.

So what's the big deal? Being able to stick the weight here or there?

I think us average club racers spend waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much time worrying about our cars being grams or an ounce heavier than another car. I mean, are we really that good that we can take advantage of that new hop up that weights 4grams less than the stock part?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #2620
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
My wife just took a rare peek over my shoulder and looked at your avatar and said............WHAT IN THE HELL KIND OF ANIMAL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! So to satisfy my wife, what is it?
Paul
Looks like a sloth....

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #2621
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
So does the TA-05 have a chance at being the next flagship tourer for Tamiya. Do you think we will ever see it in an A main at a big event! Im itchin for another car! Especialy one with so much hop up potential. I am starting to think i like building and modifying the cars more than the driving.
Most people don't think it has a chance, people(including me) feel its a certainty. After all, this IS what Tamiya does. They start with a budget version. Make some hop ups. Then comes the TRF or 'racer named' version.

This car is already ahead of the curve because

1.) Its already proven to be as good as the 415 in the hands of Tamiya's top guys.
2. It already has a very strong following.
3. Tamiya showed a fully tricked out version very soon after the initial release.
4. Best of all, its easy to set up. And that means more time practicing ON the track and less time tuning OFF the track.

So my guess would be that this will be the new flagship car soon. As for whether it will make it to the A main at a big event....well that depends on who's driving. As always.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:34 PM   #2622
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Steve Wang, is the Xenon chassis pretty stiff when assembled? I'm talking carpet racing stiff. Also, when do you plan on getting any more chassis's in? I'm just looking for another alternative since Tamiya seems to be taking their time coming out with the 4mm chassis for the 415. And the Snowbirds is rollin up very fast!! I'd hate to go out and buy another XRay just for one race!! hehe....

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #2623
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Most people don't think it has a chance, people(including me) feel its a certainty. After all, this IS what Tamiya does. They start with a budget version. Make some hop ups. Then comes the TRF or 'racer named' version.

This car is already ahead of the curve because

1.) Its already proven to be as good as the 415 in the hands of Tamiya's top guys.
2. It already has a very strong following.
3. Tamiya showed a fully tricked out version very soon after the initial release.
4. Best of all, its easy to set up. And that means more time practicing ON the track and less time tuning OFF the track.

So my guess would be that this will be the new flagship car soon. As for whether it will make it to the A main at a big event....well that depends on who's driving. As always.
Where are the pictures of the the fully tricked out version? How long before the release that one?
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:52 AM   #2624
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
i can relate to that

you committ RCsucide when your at the end of your teather & you feel the need to punish some thing
been there done that (x3 in 18yrs) ,wear the T-shirt
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #2625
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

need to sell my xenon CF chassis, need the money badly. $80 shipped = 3% if PP. tnx

PS.
need the money for the TCS race.