Originally Posted by ttso
Xenon motor mount

SRP 3980yen, released in JP
We should be seeing this motor mount from Xenon end of the week

Steve Wang
Old 01-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bender
Sorry, but just because the teeth are close to the same size, does not make one "the metric version of the other" and vice versa.

That's like saying an M3 screw is the metric version of a 4/40 screw

no, i wasn't trying to say that because they are close in size, that one is the metric version of the other.

but, one IS the metric version of the other.

i was simply trying to say that "48 pitch" and "0.6 module" are the same thing. (simplified from when someone from robinson explained it to me, basically). the reason the tamiya pinions don't mesh perfectly with regular gears is because they're metric.

is that clearer?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
any1 else have issues w/dogbones or universals poppin out.

the universals and high precision diff joints (no rings-yet) havent help. only the left front, nothin else. goin to tear it all down this wk and try to get to the root of prob.

thx

-ult
The problem has to be the red foams that go in the outdrives and axles. If these are sized right, your dog bones shouldn't move side to side at all. At the same time, the 'softness' of the foam ensures that there is no binding. I would suggest that you buy some more of those red foams and recut them accoarding to the manual.

I've been so impressed with the dogbones on this car that I have totally nixed all plans to replace them with universals.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
tamiya needs to rebadge this so its TCS legal

Old 01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did find that if you got a whoopsy dogbone, insert an o-ring into either the stub axle of difff outdrive to stop movement.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Outdrive for spools!

I picked up a spool for my TA05 at Tamiya and the outdrives appear to be a black oxide coated steel material. I made one test run and got a large amount of chatter when turning the front wheels. This was never a problem with the ball diff. So after looking at my 415 spool I noticed that the shafts are in line with each other and the shafts were 90 degrees from each other on my TA05, so rotated the shafts so they are the same and the chatter almost went completely away, still some chatter at full throw so I had an idea, switched the delrin outdrives from my 415 with the steel on the TA05 and now no chatter and very smooth even at full turn. Has anybody tried the 05 spools and had this problem? I believe Tamiya will come out with replacement steel outdrives for the 05 and will work with the 415 and visa versa!
What can I say, I'm a fool for a spool!!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default body mounting?

Will the TA05 allow mounting of standard sedan bodies usuing "standard / TC3 or TC 4" Mounting holes?

Thanks
Jon
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well i'm gonna try those retainer rings from the HP diff joints now b/c only this left front hops out. gonna try a thicker eraser head in there as well. hopefully it will keep it in there. it doesnt have any lateral movement when u go lock to lock, but somethin is happenin out there racing (no linx are not poppin off) thats shootin it out such that it lands up the outdrive cup itself.

argh (btw i'm on universals in front)

-ult
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation RE: Spool!

What length universals are you using? You should be using at least the 46mm long swing shafts, 48mm will work also. Are you using a spool or a diff.? Are using the Precision outdrive or the original?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation RE: Body post locations!

Originally Posted by www.ccugolf.com
Will the TA05 allow mounting of standard sedan bodies usuing "standard / TC3 or TC 4" Mounting holes?

Thanks
Jon
You'll have to add more holes! Then is should work fine!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:49 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the 46mm option universals, HP joints, diff

(believe i mentioned that, but no prob)

-ult
Old 01-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

I would say you got the outdrives on the diff's springing open allowing the driveshaft to escape, get the retaining rings on there, shoudl solve the problem, as they are RETAINING rings... lol
Old 01-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

i wonder why your HP diff joints don't come with the retaining rings? I bought the HP diff joints and they come with the rings.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

any1 else have issues w/dogbones or universals poppin out.

the universals and high precision diff joints (no rings-yet) havent help. only the left front, nothin else. goin to tear it all down this wk and try to get to the root of prob.

thx

-ult

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Tonight I stuffed some foam into the outdrives and it never happened again for the rest of practice. I did notice that the red foams just completely shredded away as if the diff screw was not in all the way. You would think that the dogbone was too long but the problem is that the dogbone is slipping out of the axle.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Talking RE:outdrive chatter!

the 46mm option universals, HP joints, diff

(believe i mentioned that, but no prob)

-ult
I would take apart the universals and clean everything and re-grease all parts and check the pins closely for flat spots and make sure the holes in the axles where the pin makes contact isn't oval shaped. Check for any wear on the barrels and replace as necessary. And last, the eraserhead should make slight contact with the shaft, not bindy, I use o-rings instead of the foam especially on the allen head side so you can adjust the diff without taking out the foam.
See if that helps!
Good luck and don't forget.............HAVE FUN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.