R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes

Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #2281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2000racer
Where do I find these info about B-B B+B???

Is there another setup book about this??

Thanks.
The original 415MS "Worlds Kit" that came with the 1XA, 1XB.... blocks has all the blocks = degree toe for front and rear.

For regular suspension arms and regular blocks (1A, 1B...) , page 20 from a 415 manual.

For lightweight arms and regular blocks (1A, 1B...), page 20 from a 415MS manual.

For lightweight arms and "X" blocks (1XA, 1XB...) page page 20 from a 415MSX manual.

Some of the manuals list the set-ups based on 1 degree rear hub, some on 0 degree hub so you need to check closely for that.

For your TA05 sway bars, the front and rear use a link connected to a ball nut you screw into the lower A arm. The link is basically two turnbuckle ends trimmed with a 10 or 12mm grub screw between them to make your link from the sway bar to the lower A arm.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:48 AM   #2282
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alana07
my Mercs bodied TA05's manual didn't mention anything about the suspension blocks either, but i downloaded a copy of the F430's kit manual from the Tamiya website, there's a small section inside this manual which explains the various suspension block settings.
Where did you download the manual? This is the only manuals available from tamiya http://tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 AM   #2283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman
Where did you download the manual? This is the only manuals available from tamiya http://tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
here you go : http://tamiya.com/japan/rc/rcmanual/ta05.pdf
Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 AM   #2284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yup its the A"'s for the mounts. I just got my order of alloy screws from fastener express , Oh boy the difference in weight, I would suggest to anyone to replace those steel screws to a much lighter ones.

Last edited by cheehtae; 12-20-2005 at 06:41 AM.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #2285
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2000racer
I haven't started building my TA-05 as all hop-op parts is not complete yet. But as I was looking at the arms, there seem to be no provisions for me to install the sway bars. Am I right or I'm missing something??

Heres what to look for:

-The big holes in the middle of the front suspension arm...these will hold a ball mount that is screwed into place by a screw going through the back of the arm.

-The holes on the front of the rear arms...these will have ball studs screwed into them that will serve as the mounts for the sway bar ends.

So all the sway bar provisions are there, you just have to know how it all mounts to "see" where the stuff actually goes.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #2286
Tech Addict

To:

Darksied
alana07
Kevin CBR

Thanks for the reply. Will take note of your help.

Roy
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #2287
Tech Adept

Default HOP-UPS?

OK I got one...well I'll be getting one for Christmas, I Picked it up from LHS today ands gave it to the wife to wrap it.

Now the hop-ups ???

1) Does anyone have any Tamiya stuff in stock??
Looking for TRF Shocks
Carbon Damper Stays
Front One Way
Stablizer kit
Center One Way ( Maybe ) - How does it help beyond the front one way?

2) What are the most important hop-ups? Is the order listed above the best order to get things in?

3) I would like to keep it TCS Legal so the 3rd party stuff is out of the question for right now...

Thanks
Jon
Madison WI
www.ccugolf.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #2288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SpeedtechRC has some of the stuff in stock. But not everything on your list.

Other hopups I would get is the precision diff halves. Also the tuned spring kit for the shocks. If you are gonna keep the stock suspension, I'd get the aluminum rear uprights. These rear hubs are 1degree each where~as the stock plastic ones are 2degree's each I believe. Also another thing(s) to get are the aluminum suspension blocks so that you can adjust your rear toe as well as front. Tamiya also makes a spool if you need that. But it's not here stateside yet.

Mostly just stuff that allows you to tune the car rather than Bling Bling...

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #2289
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Finding the stuff in stock is a matter of timing. When Steve from Speedtech comes here to tell us that he has stuff back in stock...GO THERE IMMEDIATELY!!! Cause the stuff goes fast!

As for the hop ups. I maintain that there aren't any "need" items other than a spring assortment. But if your looking to buy some...

-Spring set: this is at the top, because its a must have for tuning any TC set up and its the only "must have" on my list.
-TRF shocks: for me, this was mainly for the threaded bodies. If the stock plastic shocks were threaded, I wouldn't have upgraded.
-Sway bar set: I like my cars with sway bars when racing outdoors. When racing indoors on carpet, the front sway bars really help take away some of the massive front traction the car has.
-hex hardware: Whether you go with anodized aluminum, stainless steel, or Ti screws, its just nicer to work on the car with hex hardware. And it saves a good bit of weight as well.

I would start with those items, then if your still looking to pimp your ride some more...

-Titanium turnbuckles: Lets face it, the stock turnbuckles suck. The adjustment nut is too small and strips to easily. Remember...stick with Tamiya Ti items if TCS is in your future.
-One ways (front and/or center): this is a preference thing. On carpet, I can't imagine wanting more steering from this car, so I'm holding off on the one ways. For outdoors, I'll likely get a one-way just because I also run one on my nitro car and I don't like to run a one-way in one car and not the other.
-carbon towers: They don't flex as much as the stock units. And they add an extra tuning hole. Other than that, thats it. They don't save much weight over the stock ones though...

Thats how I have/would approach the hop up purchases. It leaves you with a slightly lighter, but still close to stock handling car.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:07 PM   #2290
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

There are a few new items in stock for the TA05 that we just recently added to our website we have another large shipment of parts coming in next week.

Also, Xenon Racing's upper bulkhead pieces are coming in next week, the attached file is a picture of it

Steve Wang
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-ta05_upper_bulkhead.jpg  
Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 AM   #2291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Tuning items!

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.ccugolf.com
OK I got one...well I'll be getting one for Christmas, I Picked it up from LHS today ands gave it to the wife to wrap it.

Now the hop-ups ???

1) Does anyone have any Tamiya stuff in stock??
Looking for TRF Shocks
Carbon Damper Stays
Front One Way
Stablizer kit
Center One Way ( Maybe ) - How does it help beyond the front one way?

2) What are the most important hop-ups? Is the order listed above the best order to get things in?

3) I would like to keep it TCS Legal so the 3rd party stuff is out of the question for right now...

Thanks
Jon
Madison WI

Universal shafts,with the 46mm long shafts front and rear is my #1 item. This will allow the swing shafts to go further down into the stock plastic outdrives(weak-link) which will keep them from getting blown out! Stock dogbones are POOH-POOH!
Then#2 would be the aluminum wheel hubs instead of the plastic ones that come in the kit. This will keep your drivetrain (Wheels) running true without any unnecessary vibration.
Then 3rd item would be the aluminum suspension blocks! This would be the narrower aluminum blocks.Some racers may not agree with me on this but,
narrower suspension will drasticlly improve cornering and would definitely affect the handling and enable you to increase the rear toe to get the rear end planted! This would be my 3 main items to get first!
Just my 2$
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"

Last edited by maxepower; 12-21-2005 at 12:41 AM.
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:17 AM   #2292
Tech Addict

Are you sure the TRF shocks has a threaded body??? Is the part number 53571??

Reason for my question is because I see some spacers to adjust spring tension in the pics that I have. Let me know what part number is the right one if I have the wrong number.

Thanks,
Roy

[QUOTE=Darkseid]Finding the stuff in stock is a matter of timing. When Steve from Speedtech comes here to tell us that he has stuff back in stock...GO THERE IMMEDIATELY!!! Cause the stuff goes fast!

As for the hop ups. I maintain that there aren't any "need" items other than a spring assortment. But if your looking to buy some...

-TRF shocks: for me, this was mainly for the threaded bodies. If the stock plastic shocks were threaded, I wouldn't have upgraded.
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:07 AM   #2293
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alana07
Thanks. The japanese site is always updated but seems to load longer than the english translated site so I didn't check there.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:21 AM   #2294
Tech Rookie

Default hohoho

My wife is Japanese and she says its an unpublished chassis. It will be made publik at the Shizuoka Hobby Exchbition in may 2006. Let`s just sit back practise and loof forward for it ;>
LukaszZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 AM   #2295
Tech Apprentice

hi there guys
i have being reading the fourm and people are looking for hopups for the ta05, i buy all of my TA05 hopups of ebay i shop called stellamodels they do all sorts of stuff from, front one way, centre one etc... heres a link below for you lot to check them out:

http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/sear...&fsoo=1&fsop=1

i have NEVER had a problem with these guys i even bought my ta05 off them and all was there, also if you request something you need they will try there hardest to get them in stock or if not inform you when they do.

Just thought i would tell you lot because people have helped me out.

cheers Ash

and HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ashrc18TA05 is offline   Reply With Quote