R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #2101
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser
Can't quite tell form the pics but it looks like you have the LW outer axle shaft in the STD suspension hub. The easy way to tell is the LW has a rounded carrier for the CVD whereas the the STD axle has a more squared off profile.
Yeah I do have the rounded axles... Thanks I guess I'll go ahead and order the other ones...

Thanks again
Key500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #2102
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I second that, looks like you've been wrongly directed. To use the 46mm bones in the standard suspension (not the LW) you'll need to get the normal axles ref 53499. The bones you have will fit in them no problem.
Thanks for the info, yup looks like that's what happen...
I'll order those next week then.

Thanks again
Key500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #2103
Tech Elite
 
eeyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 3,944
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
alright...alright, here you go
I like... I wonder if Xenon will also make CF chassis brace? The other brand chassis looks slightly better just because of those "built-in" upperdeck braces.

But overall, looking good Madjack (aka "one of the local elders..." I still say you sue whoever said that dude. )... is this your 2006 Reedy setup?
eeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #2104
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

A little dissapointed that Xenon designed their kit to work with them cheap plastic braces....
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #2105
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Carlinville IL
Posts: 670
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I don't have excel on my cpu so it won't let me open the pages. Is there anything I can do to open the page??????????/
You can download Excel viewer HERE. You should be able to view them then.
dway100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #2106
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I would like to know the degree setting for all of the blocks. I just got me a 415 and now I have TA05 order from my lhs but I would like to get some different blocks to use but have no idea on which ones to get
huskerfreak: there is a 1/2 degree difference between each block. for example for the rear, so if you use an A block with the B block behind it.. that will give you 0.5 degrees of toe in PLUS whatever the built in toe you have for the uprights.

A + B = 0.5
A + C = 1.0

the narrowest block is XD and the widest is D. for the 415/TA05 blocks. they have a "1" since they are 1mm lower than the ones without it (someone correct me on that).

the blocks you can get for the 415/TA05 are (narrowest to widest)

1XD (narrowest)
1XC
1XB
1XA
1X
1A
1B
1C
1D

when comparing, visually it'll look like this:

(0__1XD__0)
(0___1XC___0)
(0____1XB____0)
(0_____1XA_____0)
(0_______1X______0)
(0________1A_______0)

and so on and so forth sorry for my primative graphics.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:25 PM   #2107
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyan
I like... I wonder if Xenon will also make CF chassis brace? The other brand chassis looks slightly better just because of those "built-in" upperdeck braces.

But overall, looking good Madjack (aka "one of the local elders..." I still say you sue whoever said that dude. )... is this your 2006 Reedy setup?
eeyan, did a little 19T testing today, we shall see... the chassis worked well at TA today, did require stiffer spring rates than I have used with the LW arms prior

I'll keep you posted once the T spool arrives
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #2108
Tech Adept
 
Aparatchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey, even I get it now!!! Thanks for layin it out there clearly, Hebiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
there is a 1/2 degree difference between each block. for example for the rear, so if you use an A block with the B block behind it.. that will give you 0.5 degrees of toe in PLUS whatever the built in toe you have for the uprights.

A + B = 0.5
A + C = 1.0
Aparatchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #2109
Tech Fanatic
 
huskerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: HuskerNation
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
huskerfreak: there is a 1/2 degree difference between each block. for example for the rear, so if you use an A block with the B block behind it.. that will give you 0.5 degrees of toe in PLUS whatever the built in toe you have for the uprights.

A + B = 0.5
A + C = 1.0

the narrowest block is XD and the widest is D. for the 415/TA05 blocks. they have a "1" since they are 1mm lower than the ones without it (someone correct me on that).

the blocks you can get for the 415/TA05 are (narrowest to widest)

1XD (narrowest)
1XC
1XB
1XA
1X
1A
1B
1C
1D

when comparing, visually it'll look like this:

(0__1XD__0)
(0___1XC___0)
(0____1XB____0)
(0_____1XA_____0)
(0_______1X______0)
(0________1A_______0)

and so on and so forth sorry for my primative graphics.
Thanks that is what I wanted to know.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #2110
Tech Champion
 
Core Creations's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations
Default

I had a chance to run the Tech upper deck last night for the first time. I have been running 19t on carpet with foams...All I can say is if you run on carpet with foams...get this upper deck. I ran the exact same set-up to the "T" as the last time I ran on the same layout. My car was noticebly faster through the slower sections of the track. It transitioned much better. I went from running average laps of 12.1-11.9 seconds to 11.4-11.7 . My best run last time out was 25 laps 5:05. This time out it was 26 5:10. I did nothing else to the car. I even had much less time to practice this time out. So if anyone was wondering, now you know
__________________
Core Creations paint thread

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #2111
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

raced my TA05 against some FK05, I must admit it's slow because I'm still using the plastic chassis but I'm just 5-7 seconds slower than the fastest guy, BTW its carpet and I'm using the 2 stage JACO, can't tell the diff. too with the JACO prolly because car is too heavy, will be getting the CF chassis from XENON next week and will be racing it this coming Saturday, one thing I know for sure, car is very promising and I just can't wait for my CF chassis.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #2112
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae
raced my TA05 against some FK05, I must admit it's slow because I'm still using the plastic chassis but I'm just 5-7 seconds slower than the fastest guy, BTW its carpet and I'm using the 2 stage JACO, can't tell the diff. too with the JACO prolly because car is too heavy, will be getting the CF chassis from XENON next week and will be racing it this coming Saturday, one thing I know for sure, car is very promising and I just can't wait for my CF chassis.
5-7 seconds? i never formally raced my TA05 with the fastest guy but from the practice run i can see that i lapped slower than them but def not 5-7 seconds, the difference must be more than the plastic chassis. I am using that too. you might want to check whether he is running the same motor spec/batt/final ratio as you are.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #2113
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

27turn motor, maybe I'm just a better driver or just consistent. Also fastest guy on the heat and we were in the B not A. Hope that satisfy your curiosity.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Last edited by cheehtae; 11-27-2005 at 07:26 PM.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:50 AM   #2114
zax
Tech Regular
 
zax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 283
Default ..

does anyone know tat the TA05 standard blocks is same as evo 4 or 415?
zax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #2115
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
Default

Does anyone have Rhienhards setup for foam tires on the 415 from the IIC?
RTolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net