Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR4TC Axel size??? >

Yokomo MR4TC Axel size???

Yokomo MR4TC Axel size???

Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Yokomo MR4TC Axel size???

Hi,

I have gotten hold of an elderly MR4TC-SD CGM - a wonderfull car. Just loving it.
But...

The axels - I really would like to bring some countersteer into play - but where do I find a CS-kit???
Now I am thinking - is the axels for the never drift-kits the same size as the old ones? They look the same; but???

Can anyone help me?

Regards
A
Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hvilsom
Hi,

I have gotten hold of an elderly MR4TC-SD CGM - a wonderfull car. Just loving it.
But...

The axels - I really would like to bring some countersteer into play - but where do I find a CS-kit???
Now I am thinking - is the axels for the never drift-kits the same size as the old ones? They look the same; but???

Can anyone help me?

Regards
A
The Axles are similar in length to newer Yokomo axles, but they are probably 6mm in diameter. You can convert the car with cvd from the BD5 but you will need 5x10x3 ball bearings and some shims to make it fit. My car is an MR4TC- SD SSG but I am pretty sure they are the same from the hinge pins out.

I would try ordering from Japan. Race and drift Japan has counter steer kits. Basically you overdrive the rear.
http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.c...oducts_id=1731
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
Yeah, I got the set of diff-gears - but as you quess - they don't fit the axel - I think I will try to order the solid Axle Set also.