R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2005, 03:54 PM   #46
Tech Addict

The carpet seems to be a bit less wavy? no?

http://www.lrp-hpi-challenge.de/eppelheim05/
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:36 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyeh
Looks to me like they could have spent alittle more time pulling that carpet tighter. Looks like the dang ocean with those waves eek!
they're going to be racin off-road rally cars...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:11 PM   #48
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iīm just back from the LRP Masters. Today was practice just for the Masters class but this was run without timekeeping but you could see a lot of stopwatches around. Itīs to early to say who is the fastest as the track is tricky and even the best drivers made mistakes. But you could see who is having a good setup and a good line around the track and who has some homework to do for tomorrow. Most of the fastest drivers were on TRF415īs , Yokomo BDīs and HB Cyclone. This means Marc Rheinard and some other German guys, David Spashett, Masami, Adachi, Hara, Surikarn and some others. Overall most cars are belt not so much shafts are to be found there. From the Xrays Gilles will be fast for sure and some Corallys also donīt look bad but itīs very difficult to say if they can keep up with the others.
For the Losi guys it doesnīt look very good. They really luck from cornerspeed but maybe tomorrow they find something. Fastest Losi driver for sure will be Hupo Hönigl from Austria his car looks fast but he has much more experience in rubber racing on carpet than the US drivers.

Masami is not only fast but but he also has the best or at least the most mechanics. Umino does all the setup and wrenching for Masami, one guy (donīt know his name) just cares for the batteries and one guy does the motors for the Yokomo team. Masami only do his tires and watch others drivers on the track most time.

Hara, Surikarn and Andy Moore are running the HB Cyclone. Masami, Adachi and some European drivers are running the Yokomo BD. The Tamiya drivers are running TRF415 with the old suspension. Marcīs car looks pretty basic beside his usual prototyp damperstays and rear aluminium uprights.

Regarding bodies you can see a lot of PF Stratus 2 and 3 and some Ride bodies mostly. Marc and Hara are using Mazda 6 most time but had not decided what body to run tomorrow.
Masami and Adachi are running the same body but Iīm not sure what kind this is. Looks a lot like a Ride Stratus but at least the wing is different. I will have pictures later on this.

Some of the Losi drivers and Mike Dumas are running the Spektrum system. Most drivers are using Sanwa M8 or KO Helios transmitters. Masami and I think David Spashett are using stick type transmitters.

Tomorrow will start with practice for the HPI-Challenge and then 3 qualifiers for all. Sunday there will be the 4th and last round of qualifying and the finals.

I have some pictures but this has to wait until the morning. They need to resize first and Iīm just too tired now.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:41 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Thanks for the report
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #50
V12
Tech Elite

I just resized the pictures from the body Adachi is running. What do you guys think what typ/brand is this body and wing?
For sure itīs no Protoform and itīs no Ride Accord.

Dave where are you??? You know Iīm sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3340-2.jpg (51.1 KB, 1473 views)
Old 04-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #51
V12
Tech Elite

Next one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3341-2.jpg (66.8 KB, 1429 views)
Old 04-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yokomo Accord

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #53
V12
Tech Elite

Last one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3342-2.jpg (49.6 KB, 1379 views)
Old 04-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #54
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Yokomo Accord
Is there any Yokomo Accord?
Iīm pretty sure it isnīt an Accord whatever brand. At least is doesnīt look like an Accord.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #55
V12
Tech Elite

Ahh I see. Just saw a Rayspeed Accord. You meant this?
But if you look at the front the Rayspeed looks rather different. Looks like a Stratus to me whatever brand. The front could be a Ride MK III but the rear is different to a MK III, isnīt it?

OK 2am here now. Good night.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #56
Tech Master

The grille and lights look like a stratus. not sure on the make
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Body

V12,

Could the body be a Yokomo Stratus E, I have one of those but I don't have it here to compare it with. The wing I would guess is an aftermarket wing.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #58
Tech Regular

It looks a lot like a Yokomo stratus type E. The wing also looks like the wing that comes with the type e body.
kmorast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 09:27 PM   #59
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by V12

For the Losi guys it doesnīt look very good. They really luck from cornerspeed but maybe tomorrow they find something. Fastest Losi driver for sure will be Hupo Hönigl from Austria his car looks fast but he has much more experience in rubber racing on carpet than the US drivers.
The jrxs has yet to prove itself. It seems like all the Losi team drivers have been struggling with the car. Now that the jrxs is in the hands of the general public it will be very interesting too see how it pans out.
Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:18 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio Sabato
The jrxs has yet to prove itself. It seems like all the Losi team drivers have been struggling with the car. Now that the jrxs is in the hands of the general public it will be very interesting too see how it pans out.
The car is an entire new design and will take a little time. It is like nothing else out there. It has been limited to team driver's until this week. NONE of the US drivers run much carpet with rubber tires. We primarily run carpet/foam and asphalt/rubber. The car has had MANY great successes thus far.

I think the Reedy Race USA will be interesting. I suspect the Losi cars will be really good, but I also think anyone running the brushless prototypes will have an advantage no matter what car. The rules are a little shady for the race this year........

The LRP race is not over yet. I am sure the guys will get the cars working. Dirt will get something dialed in and be fast.. ALWAYS is.

It's all good though. GOOD LUCK TO MY LOSI BOYS....