@V12
GREAT REPORT
can't wait to see the pictures.
I agree that!
V12 is an asset to this forums!
sweet wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:32 PM   #213
Tech Adept

i third that, great report...wow imagine we had a local r/c magazine with this type of ON-ROAD race reports ............
FERNANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #214
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

teemu great run! I very happy to see schumacher in the top ten great job at the lrp race! also great report v12
Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 AM   #215
Tech Master

V12.

Thanks for great reporting and detail.

Bodyshells. I thought I recognised those bodyshells. Coincidentally we were testing one on Saturday morning and coincidentally again, we agreed to try a different rear wing too.

On the question of factory drivers, yes of course Juho has factory support, and so he should, with 2 European titles. What I meant was that whilst some teams send every Tom Dick and Harry to this important event, AE kept their three BIG BOYS at home and relied on people like Juho and Jonas K. This is not reflection on these 2 European....Scandinavian drivers of course, for they are both excellent. But if you look at teams like X Ray for example, they were not happy with just their enormous team of European driving talent, of which I rate Jilles Groskamp extremely highly; they even imported 3 from America.....just to be sure That's how seriously they were taking it.

It was nice to see such a mix of cars in the A. David S proved once again that with a good car he is among the best. I'm afraid it also proves how lacking the new Losi still is. Teemu is always good. In fairness, when you look at the effort Schumacher put into the event, compared to some of the other European teams, it makes Teemu's result even greater.

Masami is a bit like Michael Schumacher - extremely experienced and guaranteed to get it right eventually. Simo put the Corally RDX in the top 10 - again like the Schumacher and AE efforts a small but very effective one. Hara is always ballistic, as is Marc whilst Adachi surprised us all with his performance. Is the new Yoke that good ?

I have aired my views about Jilles Groskamp many times. I see him as the best European driver at the moment, only Marc gets close.

As always, the LRP Masters supplied some good racing......and the best man won.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:48 AM   #216
Tech Adept

I have heard that the reason some of the team Losi drivers removed the Spektrum system was to see if there was a performance difference...

Guess we will find out later

Last edited by Galifrey; 04-28-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Galifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 AM   #217
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
Adachi surprised us all with his performance. Is the new Yoke that good ?
Adachi's performance is no surprise. Just remember 2 ifmar worlds ago (surikarn's, Adachi skipped the 2004 worlds) Adachi finished 4th if I remember correct. The only reason why you dont hear of Adachi is because he doesnt race overseas as much. In Japan he is among the top if not the top EP buggy driver too.

He and Daisuke Yoshioka (HPI driver, nearly took the worlds in 2004) are top notch drivers finishing A mains almost everywhere they go. Though they are not as popular outside Japan/Asia (because they dont race overseas as much), they are highly respected drivers.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:05 AM   #218
Tech Master

I've known that Adachi is good, but in the sort of company he was racing on Sunday his result is quite outstanding.

The point I was making was that Yokomo send 2 drivers from Japan and they both finished in the A.....with the new car.

The only other teams with 2 cars in the A were Tamiya and HPI/HB.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:53 AM   #219
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, looks like belts are set to return. 415 during the Worlds, Cyclone during the TITC and now the BD. The FK05 too is showing results though resting heavily on Jilles' abilities alone.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:18 AM   #220
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Is there anywhere we can watch videos from the race?

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 AM   #221
Tech Adept

What about batteries and motors ? What was used ?
WorldCup2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 AM   #222
Tech Regular

One is here:

http://yokomo-racing.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=247
speedy-932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
Yeah, looks like belts are set to return. 415 during the Worlds, Cyclone during the TITC and now the BD. The FK05 too is showing results though resting heavily on Jilles' abilities alone.
Oh i dont know, it seems all cars need someone with a great amount of ability to win. these new cars arent driving themselves are they?
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:00 AM   #224
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
Yes, and that shaft drive car came 2nd.

It was young Juho Levanen with his privately entered AE TC4. But then, still aged 17 he has already won 2 European championships, so it doesn't surprise me.

AE didn't send a factory team. Baker and Blackstock stayed in the States and Drescher was in UK, so it was left to privateers like Juho to do the business. And he certainly did. It makes his second place even more outstanding when compared to the efforts and money thrown into this race by other teams.

Before I get bombarded, Juho may get alot of help from AE, as I'm sure he does, but he is not an official factory employee like Baker and Drescher.

Great job again Juho.
johnbull: I do have full support from AE. AE also had teammanager Brent Thielke at the race as well as Reedy motorman Sean Cochran.

I am also 20 years old not 17.

Some of the US drivers never run rubber tires on carpet so there is no point sending them to LRP race. Apparently Drescher had a race in the UK so he didnt come either.

If you look at the previous results from this race I have often been the fastest AE driver simply because I run rubber tires on carpet the most. Why send drivers from the US if they are going to finish like the US Losi and Xray drivers

Please check your facts before posting
JuhoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:28 AM   #225
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NVisible
Oh i dont know, it seems all cars need someone with a great amount of ability to win. these new cars arent driving themselves are they?
True, but don'tcha think that they are all taking turns to impress at each different race? Its almost like a marketing conspiracy to allow equal airtime for each brand's new cars (not that I am suggesting that they do it).