R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2005, 10:55 PM   #151
Mal

Last edited by Mal; 04-23-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:19 PM   #152
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think he meant, do the tires cause the carpet itself to wear out faster? Some people believe yes, others no. There are two competiting schools of thought. One is that since foam tires "grab" the carpet more, they cause the fibers to detach and lead the carpet to wear out faster. The other is that rubber tires have less traction and thus "slide" more, putting extra stress on the carpet and causing it to wear out.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #153
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iīm just to leave again for the race. I will post again later this evening.

Just for clarifying regarding the results of the Losi team until now. I donīt want bashing them as I like Losi but it is as it is they are too slow and even Hupo from Austria who is one of the best onroard/offroad drivers in Europe canīt keep up. I hope he can do a good run in the last round of qualifying.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:20 AM   #154
Tech Adept

Default Motor Advantage

It looks like one of the big advantage is the use of the V2 motors, see how many are in the top 10 ! Maybe this is what Losi need to go faster, the choice of Trinity and LRP is maybe not what is needed to be competitive. Also see the poor performance of the IB Vtech it was supposed to be so fast...... but GP3700 matched by Team orion, Peak, Yokomo and Reedy are the only choice to be in the top 10 !
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:03 AM   #155
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Question was does rubber tires wear the carpet out faster. I heard it does, but I'm not sure nor do I have proof.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:08 AM   #156
Tech Regular

There is not round 4 results up for the masters yet. And the last heat finshed around 50 mins ago!
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:36 AM   #157
Tech Regular

tha top ten after round4 is:

1 Marc R
2 Hara
3 Juoho
4 David
5 Massami
6 Jilles
7 Adaci
8 Surikan
9 Teemu
10 Simo
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:53 AM   #158
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Official results are up:

http://www.lrp-hpi-challenge.de/eppe...liste_VL4.html
jarkkom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:56 AM   #159
Tech Regular

That is a good a final. The fist A main starts in about 20 mins.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:04 AM   #160
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Wow. I really expected Andy Moore to be in the A, particularly now he's racing the same car as Hara and Surilkarn, and look where they are - Moore beat Spashett in the UK Nationals last year (well to be honest, walked all over everyone)

Should be an interesting final, great to see Spashett back on the pace of the "current" superstars of Marc & Hara etc.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:36 AM   #161
Tech Apprentice

I think hara and surikarn have had more practise with the new car than moore has. At the titc race moore ran the pro4 while 'karn and hara used the cyclone. I think so anyway, correct me if I am wrong.
Mabey things would be different if moore was using a pro4?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:41 AM   #162
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigger Brother
Wow. I really expected Andy Moore to be in the A, particularly now he's racing the same car as Hara and Surilkarn, and look where they are - Moore beat Spashett in the UK Nationals last year (well to be honest, walked all over everyone)

Should be an interesting final, great to see Spashett back on the pace of the "current" superstars of Marc & Hara etc.
Andy received and tested the car only 2 days before the race..... and the competion is hard,......Just have a look at the Final D......

And to be honest, this year BRCA going to be more difficult and i'm not sure Andy will walk all over like he did last year.........my 2cents......

To finish and to be honest, last year Andy had a good car and the others were runing crap car......even if they fought hard.........
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:44 AM   #163
Tech Apprentice

A-Main MASTERS
1. Reinhard, Marc
2. Hirosaka, Masami
3. Levanen, Juho
4. Leino, Teemu
5. Groskamp, Jilles
6. Spashett, David
7. Surikarn, Chajdejsuria
8. Adachi, Shinnosuke
9. Hara, Atsushi
10. Ahoniemi, Simo
Old 04-24-2005, 06:17 AM   #164
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to slowhand

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Pocknell
I think hara and surikarn have had more practise with the new car than moore has. At the titc race moore ran the pro4 while 'karn and hara used the cyclone. I think so anyway, correct me if I am wrong.
Mabey things would be different if moore was using a pro4?
just a small correction: Surikarn ran the HB car for the first time two days before the qualifying started at last titc and kept the car until a few days after the titc. In short, he never ran the HB car after titc until this TCM. that's all
slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:43 AM   #165
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
I think it's beyond challenging and fun......

there are 2 big foam tires manufacturers in USA...........doesn't matter where the tires are actually produced......

Theres no EP car foam tires manufacturer in Europe, even with GRP being an European firm, they don't produce any tire for electric racing.......

So, the europeans can choose anything to race, with no worries about 2 foam tires producers placed in Europe......since rubber tires are cheaper, more challenging, improve driving and wrenching skills, I think the choice is obvious.....

This is my thought, makes sense for me.....
FYI- GRP makes all of TRC's "electric" tires. So, yes GRP does make foam for electrics.
Your aguement that rubber tires are more challenging is correct, however. This is why we have FOAM races here in the states that attract 800+ entries. It is easier to drive the car, thus more people race. In the end, it is how many people participate and enjoy the sport, not how well we do in international competition. It is fun to win the big races, but ultimately we must make the hobby fun and attainable for everyone... not just the talented few.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote