R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2005, 06:42 AM   #61
Tech Regular

Arrow look down

i agree with everyone but if you are lapping a person 3 times in one race i think that you, the faster person should move up a class or the slower person move down some times.

If you know that your going to win i slow my self down to be at the same race race so there is more fun
StasI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i think if you are being lapped you should give courtesy to the other drivers and let them go.I was at a trophy race recently and was lapping a driver for the second time and also on a track record pace instead of driving his line he drove into me and killed the run that i was on and almost lost the race.courtesy is key to racing.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #63
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The problem as I see it is that there are three types of drivers. The ones who won't admit to themselves that their not the leader and wouldn't move over if Joel Johnson was on their bumper, the experienced and the inexperienced.

For the first type nothing is going to work. They will never let you pass. Punt 'em.
The experienced drive should know how to pass and be passed. If not he probably fits into the first category. See solution above.
The inexperienced driver is the problem. They might be fast enough to make a higher main, particularly at tracks with low car counts, but erratic enough so even they are not sure where they are going. What I do with these drivers is tell them to hold their line. If I'm that much faster I will drive around them. At least I know what they are going to try to do.

The won't mover will get my bumper the first time I come up to him. I've passed and been passed with a minimum of fuss. The inexperienced will be handled depending on how well the are driving when I get there. Hold your line, I'll go by. Drive board to board it's the boot for you.

So I don't think there is a definitive answer to this question.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Default lapped

i agree with most of the comments in the last post.but sometimes all it takes is taking the uncourtious driver aside (especially if you are much faster than them!they may be willing to listen when not repremanded in front of everyone)and explain that not only are they slowing you down but also themselves by doing this.it costs both of you!many drivers especially younger ones will listen and realize you are right when they pick up a lap or two from not getting in the way.all of us need to remember they have just as much right to be on the track as we do and we were all them at one time!!!
morpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Warren Weaver
i think if you are being lapped you should give courtesy to the other drivers and let them go.I was at a trophy race recently and was lapping a driver for the second time and also on a track record pace instead of driving his line he drove into me and killed the run that i was on and almost lost the race.courtesy is key to racing.
Man, I hate when that happens
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #66
Tech Master

If i am being lapped i prefer to get out of the way, stick behind the guy thats just lapped me and bang in some good lap times
Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by greencactus3

oh btw a lot of people in this thread need to get their your and you're 's right lol.
NO KIDDING This whole forum...

Ok fellas- you're = you are.

If you can put you are in your sentence then go ahead and substitute it with you're, not your.

example- Your car is slow! You're gonna get lapped.

Next post better not be you're an ass

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...

Last edited by MikeR; 04-05-2005 at 05:59 PM.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:52 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
NO KIDDING This whole forum...

Ok fellas- you're = you are.

If you can put you're in your sentence then go ahead and substitute it with you're, not your.

example- Your car is slow! You're gonna get lapped.

Next post better not be you're an ass
Ok then. Your an arse.. lol j/k
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #69
Tech Master

Shows how much attention i showed in school because ive never really thought about which one i type... lol

You're going to get lapped.

Your car handles like bag of soggy potatoes.

yeah??
Old 04-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jbrow1
Ok then. Your an arse.. lol j/k

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

This has really pissed me off recently, with a good quality guy running a T1FK in 540, he had a bad start to the race and ended up almost a lap down at the first 2 corners, this wouldn't have been a problem if he wasn't running much shorter gearing than I am,

I went on the racing line through the hairpin and around the sweeper he got off the line quicker, lower gearing, rammed into me three times, allowing second place to catch up
the race betwen second and first was separated by most 10 metres basically the whole race until this point,

and along the straight he swerved straight into the side of my car, sending me barrel rolling a metre high into the concrete wall while the guy in second place passed him cleanly

this annoys people when slower drivers who are quality, the guy involved has been racing with us for at least 3 years and usually keps it clean, just don't care that they're being lapped and ruins the races for others
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #72
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm usually pretty slow, so I always let the faster racers pass me...but...

Why is playing the role of "spoiler" fully acceptable in every sport....other than auto racing?

Do you think a last place basketball or baseball team will simply roll-over when playing a first place team?
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #73
Tech Apprentice

Default getting lapped

nobodies asking you to let someone win.but when qualifing there is no reason to hold someone faster than you up or get in there way.if you do than my guess is you get stuffed alot.we all know who the guys are that do this at our local tracks and usually they get no breaks after doing it a few times.once you are labeled as that type of driver its very difficult to get rid of that label and in the end only hurts your lap times.besides the fact that the faster guys will be more willing to help you when they see you struggling with a problem and you are a clean driver.why would someone help someone get faster when they only cause you problems on the track?
morpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Default Re: getting lapped

Quote:
Originally posted by morpwr
besides the fact that the faster guys will be more willing to help you when they see you struggling with a problem and you are a clean driver.why would someone help someone get faster when they only cause you problems on the track?
if you help them get their car setup, then they will be able to race cleanier than before. I would rather get a noob's car in a drivable condition, than help a clean racer that is only a few tenths off my pace.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by magnum
many times the best thing to do if your beinglapped seems to be hold your line. if they are that much faster they will get around you. sometimes you move over to give room and it seems you moved right into what they were going use as thelane to pass. many time s on the stand if a way faster car is coming up behind me I will tell him go inside or outside of me on the next corner. manytimes makeing an unexpected manuver takes you both out

If you race, you know what Magnum said is 100% correct. There is no reason to write anything else.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote