Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 Team Magic E4 EP sedan battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile 1/10 Team Magic E4 EP sedan battery issues

Hi there everyone,

I have a team magic e4 ep sedan as i bought this second hand a good 3 years ago....As i'm not much of a racer i didn't do much research on this type of car i found out it only takes individual "c" type batteries....For me the car handles and runs perfect...Is there any way i can get a LiPo or stick pack upgrade kit specifically to install into this E4 without purchasing another car...I tried to modify it so it can handle stick packs but it aint enough...It is roughly a 10min job to take stick packs in and out of this car as it really cheeses me off and i don't want to purchase "c" type batteries for the sake of this(due to having stick packs already)....Once again i love the handling of this car and it would be a shame to let it go due to this issue.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i bout one myself...couldn't you use the orion packs with the bumps underneath ?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

did you happen to buy a car that had a lipo tray? or does it have the tray with the round releifs in it? ie a lipo wont sit flat?

Wolfhobbies made a lipo tray for this car. not sure if its still out there. there is also the e4d which supports lipos out of the box, but its chassis doesn't have a cutout for the lipo, it drops in from the top.

your best bet is to try to find a wolfhobbies lipo tray, or buy another e4 that has this upgrade already.
which.. if you were so interested, i happen to have available
Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile E4 Battery Issues

Thanks 4 the relply thefnshow,
Um i'm not quite sure about the orion packs as i have two stick packs already....My interlect 4600mAh just makes it for battery installation but my LiPo 5100mAh (can't remember the brand but its a non casing type) is abit difficult to install....Its overall a prick to install for any of my batteries but its perfect for my offroad rc10 b3...

Cheers..
Old 11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile E4 Battery Issues

Thanks valk,

The car didn't come with a LiPo tray...As my LiPo won't sit flat..And i can't use the tray in and out for battery installation as they won't fit...I unscrew the top carbon fibre support on the chassis and slide the battery in that way which drives me nuts it also bows the carbon fibre support as i gently screw this down...
As for wolf hobbies?? i'll have a looksie in their site and find out...
Once again thanks for the info and i'll let u know if i need another E4......

Cheers....
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile E4 Battery Issues

Hi there everyone,

I found out that you can get a LiPo conversion kit for the E4 and its from K Factory K2127...Hopefully this should do the trick...

Thanks...