R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2002, 11:14 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to PRoYokOmoWaCuR
Default Do anyone know what i shoud do with a fried Keyence esc?

I asked help in the forum but when i email and pm the person, he never responded and so now i am confused! i don't know whether to send it to schumacher or take it to Ultimate Hobbies, the store i bought it from and ask for information there? please help!
PRoYokOmoWaCuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:07 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to slowhand

I have seen a couple got fried without any real reasons. It seems the ZERO V Extreme have some serious problems, as I was told (during my recent trip to some rc tracks in nagoya) that many racers had to send their units back to the factory for repair.

For us living outside japan, it took almost 3 months for our units to come back from the factory.

I dont know what is the best procedure for this kind of problem in the USA, but believe the unit must be repaired at the factory.
slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 12:10 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

does it cost money to repair the unit without a warranty? and if i do send it what's the address?
Old 07-26-2002, 12:31 PM   #4
Tech Adept

I have a Zero V Extreme and mines fine, had it 9 months with no problem at all, ive also never heard anyone else have a problem with keyence speedos, PRoYokOmoWaCuR is the first ive heard of.
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:47 PM   #5
Tech Master

Take it to Ultimate hobby.

I bought a keyence A01 ESC from them before. When I bought the ESC they made me signed a list. They say if the ESC ever failed just bring it back to them, and they will take care of it.
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 02:39 PM   #6
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Contact Schumacher USA, and they'll tell exactly what to do.

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Actually, the keyence was a bonus on a car that i bought. my friend gave it to me for free and he didn't give me any paper with his signature. and so i'm not sure but i'll take it to ultimate hobbies any ways. Thanks! and i will give Schuamacher UsA a Call! thanks too!
Old 07-28-2002, 08:51 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been running Keyence for some time myself and never had a problem and have never heard of anyone else having any problems until this one. If the spped control came from Ultimate, then take it back to them. There are several companys who import Keyence, so unless Schumacher was the importer, they won't be able to help much. Most likely, Ultimate imported the ESC themselves and they should be able to help you. Good luck...
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:27 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

I have been running a Zero V Extreme for about 8 months now with no problems. Best darn speed controller I have.
Ras Thavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 06:40 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

thanks a lot guys!
Old 07-28-2002, 06:55 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You say you got yuor speed control with a car you bought? Find out where the speed control came from and give that shop a call. Repairs on Keyence speed controls are handled the same ahd LRP and Novak do theirs. If the damage is under warranty you get a refurbished speed control right away no waiting. If it is out of warranty. You can buy a new or refurbished unit at a greatly reduced cost. This is all handled through the shop where the unit was purchased as they know the distributor where they got it from.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote