Wiki Posts
Search

13,5 Blinky TC help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

For those who know Rc history: Fttc4 was the 2005 Reedy Race winner versus the previous versions of these belt driven copycat cars.... It beat them then, and can still do it now....... Get your facts straight.....
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Would u mind keeping to subject!!! i dont give a rats ass what CAR is best... Read first post get a clue of what im asking for....
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Got to represent son! Anyways , I think Novak gtb2 with 13.5t ballistic at N timing, and 4.4FDR would be good for your track...
Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Well as i already have a Hobbywing Extremestock atm wich i have loaded 5.08 no timing software to, ill just start at 5.0:1 at N timing and work from there!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

No problem....Hobbywing is also good, and 5.0FDR will give you infield speed...good luck....
Old 11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you're running the Ballistic 13.5 you should check for a couple things first as this will make a difference in your timing and FDR. Check your stator to see if you have a gold wire or a red wire stator. I can only speak for red wire myself, although I can tell you that the red wire is also the prefered stator to run if possible.

Normally if stator is decent and rotor is in good shape, the Ballistic motor has its best effeciency at about 38* of timing, N is equal to 30*. For most that run the Blinky class, cranking the timing to max or past the timing sticker is common practice, and you can get to the point of motor cog. Of course this will bring on heat problems as well, so monitor for 3 minute runs and if you're at 130* re-gear. It really depends on the track layout as well, as tighter infields, a lot of time can be made up there by running a lesser timing, more into the torque side of the motor, and then re-gear again.

Little long winded but, I'd start at the 38* and around the 4.5 fdr and get a feel for the motor and track, but watch the temps.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Please for the love of everything holy, stop posting. Someone might read your terribad advice and actually think it is true.
Rofl.. I've seen this exact same post so many times it's becoming almost a catch phrase in regards to him and that damn TC4 he's always chest thumping.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Checked my Stator, and it has a red wire in it... so ill start around 38 degres and 4.84:1 and work my way... im not gonna put my soul in this, just to get the maximum out of it. Just making a test to se the diffrens in laptimes/driveability compared to the Boosted 17,5 i usually run.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gillblade
Checked my Stator, and it has a red wire in it... so ill start around 38 degres and 4.84:1 and work my way... im not gonna put my soul in this, just to get the maximum out of it. Just making a test to se the diffrens in laptimes/driveability compared to the Boosted 17,5 i usually run.
Just watch the temps. At 4.84 you should barely be working the motor, but check and see. I have a Thunder Power 17.5 running blinky in mine now (closest I have to compare to), but at 4.0 FDR I am coming off at 125* after 6 min. Our track is a little smaller, but TC was running 3.6 to about 4.5. Friend torpedoed his motor with like a 4.3, but was coming off at 200+ every heat. Man his car was fast till it went up in smoke though.

The point being, FDR is not only dependent on the timing, but the track, car, drivetrain, specific motor, etc etc. Just note it you want a fair comparison, mroe effort is required in finding the sweet spot for a blinky setup then for a boosted one.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xenolance
Rofl.. I've seen this exact same post so many times it's becoming almost a catch phrase in regards to him and that damn TC4 he's always chest thumping.
Sorry about that, he just gets under my skin something fierce.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Tested today... I can only say that i dont want to run Boosted 17,5 again... More infield power and more drivable, but lacks som top speed, but not much compared to 17.5 boosted at our small track . Didnt have any bigger pinions or smaller spurgear, so i was locked to 4.84:1... I was 0,1s behind my fastest lap with 17,5 boosted (that lap was with my old TC6.1) and it can also be that i have changed car from Ass tc6.1 to Xray T4. Motortemp after about 8min running was 48 degree celsius, so theres alot to play with regarding gearing.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gillblade
Tested today... I can only say that i dont want to run Boosted 17,5 again... More infield power and more drivable, but lacks som top speed, but not much compared to 17.5 boosted at our small track . Didnt have any bigger pinions or smaller spurgear, so i was locked to 4.84:1... I was 0,1s behind my fastest lap with 17,5 boosted (that lap was with my old TC6.1) and it can also be that i have changed car from Ass tc6.1 to Xray T4. Motortemp after about 8min running was 48 degree celsius, so theres alot to play with regarding gearing.
Yep, there is more feel in blinky as all is done with the thumbs, glad your sorted
Old 11-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

I love blinky compared to boosted, but it can turn into a bit of a motor war, and it's not like they're the £30 stock motors we used to run either.

Batteries shouldn't make a great deal of difference considering the amount of currant that a 13.5, 17.5 or 21.5 can actually draw compared to what a decent condition lipo can put out.

The feel of blinky is soooo much nicer though
Old 11-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
The feel of blinky is soooo much nicer though
Oh dear, oh dear oh dear Luke...

Skiddins