R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2005, 01:48 AM   #61
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Heald it in my hands Sunday at RCX....Much better feel than the M8...I still don't like the top heavy feel of this radio but for those who have loved the M8 for years will hold this one up as the best. I like the backlite I think that makes the radio a bit better than others. I still think I will stick to my Helios only because it has everything I could ever need and then some...Plus it plays tunes for me..Gotta love it.
YES I AM BIASED...oh well so are you...
But as for comfortable the M11 has come up a notch.
The backlight makes adjustments easier...but eats up more volts.
The big ol screen makes finding stuff faster....but also eats up more Volts...
All in all another great radio....except you have to charge you batts every day...
With my helois I only charge mine once every three race days...Guess it helps to have a 2.5"x 1.5" screen....oopps forgot....If you bought it in Japan your warrentee is no good in the US or any other country except Japan. That was one thing I asked while I was at there booth.
Just bustting your guy's chops...
Stephen <><

your argument would stand up, if only the HELIOS didnt look utterly cheezy.
oople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:22 AM   #62
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oople
your argument would stand up, if only the HELIOS didnt look utterly cheezy.
CHEEEEESE
You see it cheezy I see it revelutionary....Heck it already has a clone...You know ther is no greater form of flatery than to be copied...DUH...
Oh go tell Hara and Reinhart they look cheezy holdign there radio...DUH...
Just busting back,,,,Please take no offence to my smart allek remarks...
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

the other 2 pins have to do with the m11's faster response time m8 modules will work in the m11 but the m11 will not work at the quicker response time with the m8 module.

Now as far and the helios. How many drivers in most big events are using ko radios? how does that compare to Airtronics?................Thought so nuf said!
jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:59 PM   #64
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

has anyone verified the spektrum upgrade thing at horizon? I shot an email to spektrum (horizon or whatever) from the spektrum website asking about this and have not received a response.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #65
Tech Master

The info I received was directly from airtronics spektrum has been in their office working on new module for m11
Old 05-26-2005, 08:06 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

cool, so just to be clear, according to your previous post, spektrum will release a seperate module for the M11. And the other post about the m8 module being upgraded by spektrum is in fact not true?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:43 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxed
the other 2 pins have to do with the m11's faster response time m8 modules will work in the m11 but the m11 will not work at the quicker response time with the m8 module.

Now as far and the helios. How many drivers in most big events are using ko radios? how does that compare to Airtronics?................Thought so nuf said!
No need to get Jaded....I was pulling your chain a little bit....If you haven't noticed I am on an M11 thread.....Everyone thinks they have the best radio....Good golly...relax. Just cause the helios is now in the hands of the three best drivers in the world...(well two because Masami uses the KO two stick version) that shouldn't get you that mad should it? I mean even though Hara and Reinhart use to use the Airtronics but switched to the Helios should that say enough....Just cause it is the most popular doesn't make it the best....Look at the Kyosho 777 it wins the most beacuse it has the most out racing. The same goes with the M8 and now the M11 it will have more than the American Helios but has nothing on the over seas sales...Gotta look past your borders and see what is what...
NOW JUST SO YOU KNOW I AM MESSING WITH YOU AND NOTHING I SAY SHOULD BE TAKEN PERSONALLY>>>>>I LOVED MY M8 UNTIL IT STOPPED WORKING>>>>THEN I GOT THE HELIOS AND LOVE IT MORE THAN I EVER LOVED THE M8....THIS IS MY OWN OPINION AND NOT YOURS>>>>SO that should solve the debate....LOVE YA...Just playing....Please don;t get mad...my sense of humor is more sarcastic than anything else.
Stephen <><
Old 05-31-2005, 07:51 AM   #68
Tech Addict

Quote:
CHEEEEESE
You see it cheezy I see it revelutionary....Heck it already has a clone...You know ther is no greater form of flatery than to be copied...DUH...
Oh go tell Hara and Reinhart they look cheezy holdign there radio...DUH...
Just busting back,,,,Please take no offence to my smart allek remarks...
Stephen <><
i guess you refer to the JR radio which isnt a copy, its the same radio.
Im sure its a GOOD radio performance wise, and great if youre 14 and can watch "fast and furious" without crigeing and feeling pity. i prefer a nice classy looking radio myself, if you like the cheeze thats great!

im sure they will be bringing out some burberry accessories for it..
Old 05-31-2005, 08:00 AM   #69
Tech Elite

Quote:
i guess you refer to the JR radio which isnt a copy, its the same radio.
Im sure its a GOOD radio performance wise, and great if youre 14 and can watch "fast and furious" without crigeing and feeling pity. i prefer a nice classy looking radio myself, if you like the cheeze thats great!

im sure they will be bringing out some burberry accessories for it..
Its OK that the design is 12 years old and You still drive a dodge duster...there is nothing wrong with that. But I prefer a new look with great features.
Not a 2005 updated dodge duster. Just my two pennies. SPEND THEM WISELY...LOL
The best part is there is a choice the great fundamental rule of MEN...What I have has to be the best and even if it isn't I have to convice everyone around me that it is the best....LOL I am using a charger (the GM Commander) from 2000 that had more features than most chargers today. But I will tell you it isn't better than the GFX or the TURBOs or even the Much more...But what I will tell you is that it works great for me and I can still win.
Get over the "WHAT I HAVE IS THE BEST" syndrome and you will be set free from all the garbage that is inside your head...LOL
Just to think I was poking a little fun and you take it all personal and start defending it with your life kind of responces..I laugh I am sorry. I like the Helios because it fits better in my hand and it won't be outdated in the next few years. That is it...I still don't know every funtion on my radio, but what I do know is all I need for right now.
Hope you can get past this...LOL
Stephen <><
Old 05-31-2005, 10:25 AM   #70
Tech Master

I was just joking on the ko thing that is why i put smiley faces.

Ok on the spectrum they will release a m11 version as far as when who knows. The m8 version will work with physical mod hope this clears it up for you thx.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #71
Tech Addict

Quote:
Its OK that the design is 12 years old and You still drive a dodge duster...there is nothing wrong with that. But I prefer a new look with great features.

Lol
i think you need to chill out fella.. No one apart from you seems to be getting worked up about stuff here..
Old 06-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #72
Tech Master

That thing got a hemi?WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 06-01-2005, 07:10 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
Lol
i think you need to chill out fella.. No one apart from you seems to be getting worked up about stuff here..
Hello JOKING...carefully read what I said from the start...
Gotta love people who just jump in the middle of a conversation and make assumptions....
Hey Fella at least I laughed that you called me fella.
And if you read all that wrote from the get go is that I liked how the M11 felt, In fact I just held one again at the REEDY race...Nice radio just isn't the one for me...OR the top ten in the A-main of the invitational class @ the REEDY RACE OF CHAMPIONS....DUH..
Now that was poking fun...I hope you can see that.
Stephen <><
Old 06-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #74
Tech Addict

btw, i have no idea what a dodge anything is.. you assume too much !

this is my car..
Old 06-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
btw, i have no idea what a dodge anything is.. you assume too much !

this is my car..
Oh dear now I know why you like the M8 and M11....shesh better get 100mpl beign that ugly
Oh here you go from the Reedy Oh yea I didn't see one in the top ten...Now that has got to hurt...Sorry just some more sarcasim.
Quote:
2005 Reedy Race of Champions
Invitational Equipment List

F Driver Country Chassis Motor Battery ESC Radio Body 1. Craig Drescher England Associated FT TC4 Reedy Ti 7x1 Reedy Novak GTX KO Propo Helios Protoform Stratus 3.0 2. Jiles Groskamp Netherlands Xray T1FK'05 Peak Peak Hara Twister 2 KO Propo Protoform Mazda 6 3. Atsushi Hara USA Hot Bodies Cyclone Orion 7x1 Orion 3700 Hara Twister 2 KO Propo Helios Ride Accord 4. Marc Rheinard Germany Tamiya 415MSX Orion Orion 3700 Hara Twister 2 KO Propo Helios Protoform Mazda 6 5. Masami Hirosaka Japan Yokomo MR4TC BD Reedy Ti 7x1 Yokomo 3700 Yokomo VFS Masami KO Esprit Vantage Type R Protoform Mazda 6 6. David Jun USA Tamiya 415MSX Reedy Reedy 3700 LRP QC2 Futaba 3PK Protoform Stratus 3.0 7. David Spashett England Tamiya 415MSX Peak 7x1 Peak LRP QC2 KO Esprit Vantage Type R Protoform Mazda 6 8. Ralph Burch USA Xray T1FK'05 EPIC SMC Novak GTX KO Propo Helios Protoform Stratus 3.0 9. Satoshi Maezumi Japan Tamiya 415MSX Transpeed Cosmo Energy KO VFS-1 KO Propo Helios Ride Accord10. Andrew Moore England Hot Bodies Cyclone Orion Orion KO VFS-1 KO Propo Ride Accord