R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tc4 or Yokomo cgm? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/67324-tc4-yokomo-cgm.html)

tony montana 03-26-2005 07:46 PM

Tc4 or Yokomo cgm?

I know most of you guys are tired of hearing one company versus another but Im in a real delima. I have a tc4 and a yokomo cgm. I bought the tc4 just because I had money to burn and wanted to build a new kit. I have never run either. Im not going to lie im about a average driver and still crash every once in a while, so I guess I need the car to be pretty durable. I have acess to tc4 parts at my lhs and acess to yokomo parts threw speedtech. I have heard that some people dont like the tc4 and others do, I have heard the yoke is a little on the heavy side but handles pretty good, but I dont like the fact yokomo comes out with a new car every couple of months, but sometimes I like running something different that anyone else. What should I do guys?

Soviet 03-26-2005 07:57 PM

Look...both cars are capable of the same performance. Get what you can support.

kmorast 03-26-2005 08:01 PM

I bought a Yokomo ssg when it first came out aproximately 2 years ago. I then upgraded it to CGM specs for very little money. I like my CGM and have not found it to be to heavy. It's very fast, just as fast as a TC4. You can't go wrong with either car. I've found yokomo does not upgrade their cars anymore than any other manufacturer. They have several variations of the original SSG, including the worlds car that was limitied production. Now they have the Belt Drive car, it's not a replacement for the shaft drive. Just another option.

kylehirano 03-27-2005 08:51 AM

Stick with the yokomo, The tc4 is low quality junk.

RCknight 03-27-2005 11:13 AM

Never had a Yoke...

but I'm not impressed with part tolerances like some of the others.

steve eaves 03-27-2005 11:34 AM

Originally posted by kylehirano
Wow what a knot head.:sneaky:

dakrat 03-27-2005 11:37 AM

would u mind explaining why? dont bash just because u cant get ur sh!t straight.

PhatPat 03-27-2005 12:14 PM

The TC4 is not low quality Junk. It might be just plain low quality if compared to the Xray, but its 200 dollars less. The TC4 does require fit and finish. The TC4 is a excellent rubber tire car. Its smoother than the TC3. It struggles on carpet do to chassis and shock tower flex. Its easy to break an arm on car unfriendly tracks (hard boards or pipe) Must use a wide front bumper.

The Yoke I have no ideal?

ralph_c 03-27-2005 12:15 PM

Ever used a TC4? I have a friend who used to win meetings with a TRF414. He's just upgraded to a TC4 and now wins some meetings by 2 or 3 laps (out of about 35 people). And thats on indoor carpet tracks running rubber. He let me try his car earlier and its so easy to drive. The TC4 is not low quality junk.

dakrat 03-27-2005 12:25 PM

tuning tuning tuning

Soviet 03-27-2005 12:30 PM

Do you have one?

If you did you wouldn't be saying that. :rolleyes:

Johnnytc3 03-27-2005 12:47 PM

I dont think hes saying it isnt fast, junk cars can go fast! :D

Soviet 03-27-2005 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
I dont think hes saying it isnt fast, junk cars can go fast! :D
I just love how some of the Xray snobs look down on the TC3 / 4. Then you end up putting them down 6 laps with the AE "hunk of junk."

I'll quote Han Solo on the TC3/4.

"She may be a hunk of junk kid, but she's the fastest hunk of junk in this quadrant." ;) :D

brad shearer 03-27-2005 01:06 PM

tc4 is what i would choose for rubber.Xray for foam.Xray stinks in rubber:nod:

kmorast 03-27-2005 01:45 PM

I sense some anger in this thread!