R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have quite a few TC's and the TC4 can hang with anyone of them on the track.. I was not a big fan of the TC3 but i really do like the TC4,it's alot more stable.I'm not sure about you Tony but with me I run real close to the same laps with any of my TC's(R3 cuda,Pro4,Yokomo CGM,415,Xray..2 of them,Shuie Mi2)The biggest thing for me is how comfortable i am with the car,is it twitchey,can i make the car do what i want it to,for me the TC4 works better than i thought it would,I raced one for the first time yesterday and took 4th with it in a very fast 19 wind class,I was very happy with the car overall,and to the guys who think the TC4 is junk..whatever,sure you might have to hand fit a few parts but remember it's about $160 less and on the track just as fast.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I think Im gonna go tc4, just I think I feel better knowing my lhs stock more parts and I think with time associated will get the tc right. What hopups should I get for it. Its all stock right now
Old 03-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Tc4 or Yokomo cgm?

Quote:
Originally posted by tony montana
I know most of you guys are tired of hearing one company versus another but Im in a real delima. I have a tc4 and a yokomo cgm. I bought the tc4 just because I had money to burn and wanted to build a new kit. I have never run either. Im not going to lie im about a average driver and still crash every once in a while, so I guess I need the car to be pretty durable. I have acess to tc4 parts at my lhs and acess to yokomo parts threw speedtech. I have heard that some people dont like the tc4 and others do, I have heard the yoke is a little on the heavy side but handles pretty good, but I dont like the fact yokomo comes out with a new car every couple of months, but sometimes I like running something different that anyone else. What should I do guys?
This is a easy one. Run both and see which one you like better and sell the other. Pratice one day with the yok and then one day with the ae. I thnk the cars are very comparable. I prefer the yok, but I have a SD/CGM and now I'm tring to buy a RDX, so what do I know.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default tc4 or cgm ...

ultimately in the end all anyone can do is buy a car, try it out for a while and if you don't like it you can sell it and then buy a different one. there is absolutely nothing wrong in this process of elimination, the one thing that everyone always says is ... practice !!! if you or all take your time with each car and try everything available as far as tunability goes, trust me the possibilities are endless.

ps: don't forget to use the force
Old 03-27-2005, 07:19 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default If your going with the TC4, I would wait...

for the FT version if I were you. $$$ getting it to a Team Factory otherwise. I wish I would have waited since I race carpet.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:44 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Soviet

I'll quote Han Solo on the TC3/4.

"She may be a hunk of junk kid, but she's the fastest hunk of junk in this quadrant."
I love my hunk of junk too
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to hurley081182 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley081182

if u sell your cgm give me a yell
Old 04-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #23
Tech Master

TC4 is the bomb-digity-junior! $200 for a competative TC.

Only reason I didn't go with one is cause I wanted a lighter, CF chassis shaft-drive car that I have even better access to parts for (Associated parts are very availible but the LHS runs out)
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #24
Tech Master

WOW! the tc4 is not junk. That car is such an awesome car. How can carbon graphite be junk!? it's way stonger that carbon-fiber.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by tony montana
I think Im gonna go tc4, just I think I feel better knowing my lhs stock more parts and I think with time associated will get the tc right. What hopups should I get for it. Its all stock right now
maybe you guys missed this post.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote